[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it mean when my dog licks my face a lot? or my hand?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 242x208
What does it mean when my dog licks my face a lot? or my hand?
>>
It means he's tasting you to see if you're ready to eat yet.

Also, that's disgusting don't let your dog do that.
>>
They want to clean you from all stupidity and see if there's some intelligence to be found
>>
My dog doesn't lick people often so I know if she ever tries to lick my face that she must be hungry. Sometimes when she's tired and relaxed she'll lick my hand and I take that as a sign of affection.
>>
it's a sign of submission. also, it's fucking dirty.
>>
>>2132476

When wolf pups greet the adult wolves they nibble and lick the jowls of the adults which gets them to regurgetate food for them.
>>
>>2132563
So my dog wants me to baby bird her?
>>
>>2132568

No. That's a remnant behavior.
>>2132544
>>
>>2132568

No its just instinctual behavour like turning circled before lying down.
>>
Depends. If they lick near your mouth they probably want food, if they lick your hands or whatever its usually a sign of submission.

If you ever kiss your dog (inb4 bestiality) they will usually freeze and look at you awkardly, this is because they see you as alpha and that is not alpha behaivour.

Dont let your dog kiss you.
>>
My dog licks me as a greeting. Do you think it was a learned behaviour because I laugh and pat him when he does it? I don't really mind it, just curious
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.