[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I anonymously get my room mates dog removed from them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: DOG.jpg (14 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
DOG.jpg
14 KB, 550x412
Ok Im gonna be straight forward as fuck
I live in the ghetto in Phoenix, Arizona, and I have two roommates who have a labrabull puppy for protection from thieves. I completely disagree with the treatment of this dog. They are "nice" to him, but ill green text it
>They keep it in the backyard all day, with SOME shade and a bowl of water
>They feed it scraps of whatever they are done eating. AKA pizza crust, human meals of whatever they cook etc...
>The backyard is full of burrs and hot dirt because it's phoenix, which gets upwards of 120 degrees
>Whenever I (secretly) let it inside, it is EXTREMELY hyper, will not quit biting and jumping on me, and pees all over the entire house. and I mean pees everywhere.
>They never take it for walks
>They just keep it outside, fed it scraps, and occasionally go outside and pet him basically

My roommates are native american and Mexican and say this is how they treat dogs in their life, but it seriously bothers me. I work full time 50+ hours a week and can't take responsibility for the dog.

What do?!
>>
>>2132263
Call animal control on them and let animal control know that they need to say a 'passerby' saw it out in the heat.

Animal control will force them to either give it adequate living conditions, or get rid of it.

IF they give it the shade and such that it needs, I would get an older dog (Not too old, just enough to be mellowed out) from the pound and give it a goddam friend at least. I would also get a huge walmart bag of cheap kibble and just leave a huge bowl of food out every morning.

This may not sound like the best course of action, but given the circumstances, you would be improving that dogs life ten fold.

Try and play with it for just a few minutes out of the day if you can. You can't stop them from owning a dog, but you can make it's life better OP.
>>
>>2132271
will do this. I was going to buy it kibbles regardless. I also ordered feet protectors for him. But I will definitely call animal control as a passerby.
>>
>>2132271

>free feeding a labrador

No.
>>
>>2132290
>No

Op already said he can't be responsible for the dog, so considering the circumstances, yes. It's better than fucking table scraps.

Besides, it will probably burn that fat off with the heat.
>>
How is a dog supposed to guard if it is confined to the yard all day?

Your room mates are fucking toads. How is an unsocialized dog meant to guard? It will be so frightened it will simply retreat to a corner and defend itself it will not hold ground and it certainly wont intervene in a home invasion or any other personal protection scenario.
>>
>>2132301

He can feed it the desired amount every morning before work surely.
>>
>>2132263
>labrador for protection from thieves
wat

>>2132301
It doesn't take that much time to weight a proper ration every morning and drop it to the dog. Free food for a lab will just mean a fat obese and dead lab.
>>
You should feed it some anti-freeze/coolant. It'll keep the dog more comfortable in that hot Arizona heat.

Don't listen to the naysayers. It's a healthy improvement to your particular dog's diet.

Trust me. I'm a doctor.
>>
>>2132303
>How is an unsocialized dog meant to guard?

Playing devil's advocate - a lot better than you'd think, depending on the dog. Most unsocialized dogs bark like crazy at anything they don't know. And that mark will drive off 95% of burglars because burglars simply don't want to deal with dogs. It's not that burglars scared. Dogs are just too much trouble. And the house next door doesn't have one. So why bother?
>>
>>2132460
DO NOT DO THIS
>>
Go to your local library and check out a dog training book and make roomies read it.
>>
>>2132460
I am a vet and agree with this guy.
Some antifreeze would do wonders for this dog
>>
>>2132470
Don't listen to this chump.

They have no medical background at all. Believe me, I'm a nurse practitioner.
>>
>>2132263
Is he chained? When they are out, take it to the Humane Society and say it "must have jumped the fence".
>>
>>2132263
So because you think the dog is being mistreated you want it to be taken by animal control and euthanized? Because let's be real, that's the only possible outcome assuming they do take the dog. It's not going to be re-adopted by some perfect family that is going to take good care of it. Unless you're willing to take the dog yourself honestly I would just stay out of it.
>>
>>2132263
>native American
>Mexican
Not surprised in the least desu. Subhumans often lack the mental capacity for empathy.
>>
If you get rid of the dog, they will just get another one. If you try to improve its life, you will never be rewarded for your work because you don't own the dog. There is no winning answer here other than convincing them to take better care of it. But we all know people "like that" and trying to convince them of stuff like that is damn near impossible.

Best bet is to start with easy stuff so they can see the dog as a toy, of sorts. It is very easy to teach dog tricks. Teach the dog some basic stuff, show them, and they might take more interest in the possiblities of the dog being a fun companion instead of a guard dog

Anyone (that isn't upper class and well educated) that buys a guard to be a guard dog, are fucking idiots. The lot of them. They usually know nothing of dogs, what breeds are predisposed to doing it well, or even how to teach a dog to sit. They just think it's a toaster and you can plug it in and it "just works"
>>
>>2132603
That's why I buy guns for security instead.

They just work. I prescribe them to all my patients.
>>
>>2132458
Op said labrabull
>>
>>2132529

This to be honest, family member.
>>
>>2132529
Speaking as a Mexican, Mexicans in general don't treat animals right and it infuriates me. I giving love animals, especially dogs.
>>
>>2132671
>giving

Fucking autocorrect
>>
OP here...today I decided I cannot stand to see the dog live like this when I can help. I bought dog food and a few chew toys, as well as a leash and treats. I began teaching him how to sit and he has responded well. He is very smart. I woke up early and walked him, as well as played fetch with him for a solid hour after work. He was much calmer than yesterday and didn't even pee in the house. I also have been givin him treats for peeing outside. I bought him a bed for outside too, as well as a huge water bowl.
I can't take responsibility for the dog but I am anyways. Shelters euthanize. I talked to my roommates and they agreed to at least walk him once a day, and I will walk him after work.....
>>
>>2132821
Good on you Op
>>
>>2132821
Good job! You are a good man
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.