[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I take care of 5 feral cats (mom, dad, 3 sons) and they recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: cat-1074657_960_720.jpg (190 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
cat-1074657_960_720.jpg
190 KB, 960x640
I take care of 5 feral cats (mom, dad, 3 sons) and they recently started fighting. They haven't done this before but for the past few days I constantly hear them hissing and growling and attacking each other. Is there anything I can do to stop them from attacking each other?

Also, only one of the sons is fixed. I plan on getting them all fixed but my vet isn't open over the weekend and I have work every day during the week, and since only my mom and the son that's fixed let them pet them, plus they aren't always in my yard

Inb4 "kill them" or anything similar
>>
>>2130808
Do you let them outside?
>>
>>2130808
The female is coming into season and the males are fighting over the right to breed her.
>>
>>2130808
Euthanasize them because they are cats
>>
You really should stop enabling invasive pests.

And no you cannot make them stop normal behavior.
>>
>>2130809
They are ferals. I keep my pet cat inside

>>2130846
That's why I want to get them fixed so they'll stop having babies

Will they stop fighting so much when they all are fixed?
>>
>>2130872
They'll stop fighting if there Ethanized
>>
>>2130872

I know you said you didn't want them killed, but...

>>2130878 is cheaper and easier and better for the world at large.
>>
>>2130808
I know cats are cute, but really, euthanization is THE ethical and logical option. Even if they're sterilized and released again, they will continue to harm local ecosystems and be a general burden until their individual life is over.

My friend worked as a catch and release cat person for the humane society and it really ground my gears that they would let those human-fearing bird killers back into the community just because they're cute and domesticated. Why give them a free pass?

>kill the zebra mussel
>snuff out invasive crop pests
>euthanize feral cats
>>
fuck all these assholes OP

Males fight its natural. The sons are old enough to fend for themselves and the father is likely trying to drive them out of his territory as they're getting big enough to threaten him

Getting them fixed may help but it may not stop the fighting; the process kills a cats hormones but not always the behaviour. Get them all fixed anyway and let nature do its thing. Dad will probably still drive all other males out but at least the sons wont be causing problems elsewhere
>>
>>2130808
A cheap way to kill them is to drown them
>>
I'm not saying you should kill them, but... you should kill them
>>
>>2130808
>Asking /an/ about feral cats
>Not exciting everyone to suggest you do the right thing and kill them all
>>
>>2130967
The point of spay and release is that they drive other cats out of the area and hopefully they die by starving.

They're territorial and all and your using the cats against each other.
>>
>>2131005
The dad grooms, wrestles, and sleeps with his sons. It's mostly the female that attacks other cats. Not even when they're trying to mate with her. Like she was eating and one of her sons headed for the other bowl of food behind her. Other times she'll sleep with and groom them. The adult male and female groom and sleep with each other as well

And I'm not getting them euthanized since the female and the son that's fixed are very friendly and the other cats are still scared of me, but they've all let me get close to them and pet them a few times. I'd try and bring them all inside and keep them as pets but my current cat grew up alone and hates other animals

I mean, they dad and mom are 2-3 years old and their sons 1 year old, so it's not like they have much long to live. There's only one other feral and he's scrappy and beat up looking, and has his ear clipped so I know he's been fixed. I'm also transferring colleges next year so I'm moving out of my dad's since my school is a state away and I'll be bringing my cat, and in that case I could bring the ferals inside and my dad could take care of them
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.