[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My brother got a rottweiler mix from the pound last year. He
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: peoplefood.jpg (132 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
peoplefood.jpg
132 KB, 1280x720
My brother got a rottweiler mix from the pound last year. He refuses to buy dog food because he says the dog doesn't like it, so he just feeds the dog the same garbage he eats. He regularly feeds it things like pizza, fast food, and hot dogs. Sometimes he even fills the dog's water dish with soda because he thinks he's giving the dog a treat.

Three days ago the dog stopped eating, and wouldn't even touch the Domino's my bro ordered. The dog was whining and panting a lot and barely moved the last few days so my bro just took it to the emergency vet.

What do you think is wrong with the dog /an/? How can I convince my brother to feed it better?
>>
Organ failure from a ton of fatty foods with more sodium and sugar than a dog was ever meant to have, let alone multiple times a day for a year

And nothing. People never learn. Just make sure he gets an old dog that's ready to die next time.
>>
Poor dog. Your brother is a retard.
>>
The vet will probably get on his ass for you, but in reality he probably accidentally poisoned the dog by giving it too much fucking garlic through the pizza and god knows what else, not to mention all the fat and salt and other crap.

Nothing you can do though except explain what certain foods do to dogs, and if he really wants to feed it something that isn't kibble, he should just look up homecooked meals. Unseasoned chicken breasts and shit.

Dogs can eat a lot of what we eat, but it's usually are spices that really get them, or certain foods that are poisonous like grapes and cocao/chocolate.

If he somehow miraculously stops feeding it junkfood when he comes back, be a good brother and encourage him to research. Do it with him even.
>>
>>2130492
Yeaaaah it has to depend on the dog.
>Be me
>leave 16+ chocolate soldiers under bed
>dog eats 7+ easily with some wrappers
>not a damn thing wrong
>dog weighs 10-12 pounds.
dog also constantly eats grapes with me sooooo
>>
>>2130514
Just because your dog didn't die doesn't mean that stuff isn't bad for them. Why post such an annoying and unhelpful anecdote?

It'd be like a person saying "Well I drank some bleach and nothing noticeable happened on my outside sooooo"

Soooooo what? It's still not a good idea.
>>
There are tons of things that could have happened.

The most likely is that the dog didn't have a balanced diet and ate way too much fat and sugar. Contrary to popular belief, dogs have very particular nutritional requirements to be healthy. The dog had a diet of pure fucking junk, so god knows which of his organs are shutting down from a diet like that.
>>
>>2130514
Ah see there's a common misconception with that anon. Cocao is what is actually poisonous to the dog, but regular chocolate actually has very little cocao in it. Dark chocolate is usually mpre dangerous, but large quantities still have to be ingested to see anything immediate.

The major problem comes later after a lifetime of having access to chocolate, or if the dog has heart problems. But I measure that similarly to alcohol, in which you know it's a poison but it isn't immediately fatal. However, it does increase the chances of something bad happening, especially if you are prone to things.

This also goes with grapes, raisins, and anything in the onion family for dogs. These are poisons, and though not fatal in small quantities, over time they will cause issues, especially if a LOT of it is being consumed.

It's just something that's good to know and keep in mind when giving treats especially.
>>
OP here, the dog had an intestinal blockage and had to have surgery. Bro feels terrible and has sworn never to feed the dog anything besides dog food again.
>>
>>2131342
>Massively retarded dog owner story on /an/
>Dog actually gets taken to the vet
>Dog has a serious but treatable condition
>Dog owner learns the error of his ways and vows to correct the horrific issue
I am glad everything had a happy ending, OP.
>>
>>2131342
I really hope that's the case and not something way more serious.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.