[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So a bird just flew over my car on the highway and came quite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
So a bird just flew over my car on the highway and came quite close to hitting it, and that got me wondering, do animals make mistakes or is erring human exclusive? Setting aside when they're deliberately misled or have to interact with artificial objects like windows and beer cans, do they ever fuck up and do shit like misjudge distances, speed, their own athleticism, etc.?
>>
Of course they do. But it's complicated, I guess we should be talking about a controlled situation where there are no distracting or unexpected elements, no wind, friction of the ground is uniform etc.

But yes with most animals there is the thing that they don't have the capacity overthink and are always very, very focused on task at hand.
>>
Yes, such as when goats miscalculate climbing vertical walls and fall to their death.
>>
What a weird question. Of course they do. Have you ever had an animal? The screw up shit all the time. Why wouldn't an animal make a mistake or have a lapse in judgement?
>>
To think otherwise would assume that animals have perfect thought processes, which is kind of silly.

Many animals act solely on instinct, which will cause them to make mistakes just as much if not more than a human.
>>
OP might be stupid. No OP is indeed stupid.
>>
>>2130117
I have never had an animal, no. I just don't really understand how they seem to always know what they're doing, and I've never seen one fail at something it tried to do.
>>
>>2130201
You're impressed at a bird's flying ability and quick reactions. It is impressive and something out of our personal experience, but not flawless.
>>
>>2130205
>>2130068

I like this thread. /an/ seems to be one of the better boards to ask unusual questions in earnest.
>>
>>2130064
Have you never watched cat videos? There's a fuckload of cats misjudging distances.
>>
>>2130064
>do animals make mistakes
Judging by the amount I see dead on the road and the birds I've picked out of my grill, yes, animals absolutely make mistakes.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.