[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kitten wont use his litter box
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: Litter Box Unhooded.jpg (31 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
Litter Box Unhooded.jpg
31 KB, 400x250
Well /an/, yesterday we found a female kitten in the street. She was very dirty and we thought she was sick. We took her to the vet and she told us that the kitten was just fine. So i brought her to my appartment and she seems pretty comfortable, she meows a lot whenever she notice we arent around, and purrs whenever she finds us. The only problem is that she WONT use her litter box. We tried putting her faeces in the litter box, and putting her there, but she would just jump out of the box without even sniffing around, its quite annoying, and if she doesnt learn soon, sadly i will have to kick her out of my apartment.
Pls help
>>
Btw, idont know if its important but the vet said the kitten was around 1 month old.
We bought a cheap cat litter too, i dont know if we should replace it with actual dirt/sand for the time being, since she doesnt seem to recognize the cat litter.
>>
>my kitten that's probably never seen a litterbox in her entire life isn't magically littertrained after a single day, what's her deal

Anon, I appreciate your good intentions in taking her off the street and in asking for help here, but at the same time: come the fuck on, guy. Your kitten is only just barely past the period of still needing mom to stimulate her to piss/poop at all.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2137&aid=3288

I'd suggest shutting her in a smaller area like a bathroom with the litterbox for at least a day or two. Bathrooms are the go-to recommendation because they typically have tile floors that are much easier to clean in case of accidents.
>>
File: 20160523_124720.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160523_124720.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
This is the kitten, please any advice will be appreciated
>>
>>2129696
Thanks and excuse me for my cat iliteracy, but we already did that, shes on a small room with food in one part, and two litter boxes in the other corner.
>>
Put her in the litter box immediately after she eats. Maybe try wiping her bottom with a warm, wet washcloth.

I guarantee that she will use the litter box eventually. Cats are attracted to digging before they poop, it's an automatic behavior she will pick up when she's older. They don't need to be taught like dogs are.
>>
>>2129675
Theres expensive litter with pheromones or something designed for box training. Try it before tossing out the cat.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.