[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /an/ It's my first time on his board, and I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (328 KB, 1000x664) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
328 KB, 1000x664
Hey /an/
It's my first time on his board, and I don't know if this is the right place to have his thread but I'm looking into becoming a bee keeper so I want to know everything I can before I start
Are there any beekeepers here who can give advice?
>>
they can sting you
>>
You need to know how to spot the queen
>>
When a bee stings you it dies.
>>
Check the catalog, there was a good beekeeping thread that went on about 1-2 weeks ago. Good luck
>>
>>2129467
According to all known laws
of aviation,

there is no way a bee
should be able to fly.

Its wings are too small to get
its fat little body off the ground.

The bee, of course, flies anyway

because bees don't care
what humans think is impossible.

Yellow, black. Yellow, black.
Yellow, black. Yellow, black.

Ooh, black and yellow!
Let's shake it up a little.

Barry! Breakfast is ready!

Ooming!

Hang on a second.

Hello?

- Barry?
- Adam?

- Oan you believe this is happening?
- I can't. I'll pick you up.

Looking sharp.

Use the stairs. Your father
paid good money for those.

Sorry. I'm excited.

Here's the graduate.
We're very proud of you, son.

A perfect report card, all B's.

Very proud.

Ma! I got a thing going here.

- You got lint on your fuzz.
- Ow! That's me!

- Wave to us! We'll be in row 118,000.
- Bye!

Barry, I told you,
stop flying in the house!

- Hey, Adam.
- Hey, Barry.

- Is that fuzz gel?
- A little. Special day, graduation.

Never thought I'd make it.
>>
>>2129467
the time to prepare is now. read up on it, buy materials, and this winter order a nearby nuc or package and install when it becomes available in april or may. DO NOT order from out of state closest to your hometown is best because the journey is rough on the bees.

I like Italians because they are chill as fuck but other varieties may float your boat better depending on location and your own temperament.

bear in mind my talking in terms of april and may is for someone in the northern hemisphere if you are in the southern hemisphere now is probably close to the time to order.
>>
>>2129467
hi anon, im a professional beekeeper opver in AUS i can probably steer you in the right direction have you done any basic research yet? have you gone to any local beekeeping meetings yet and met any of the beekeepers ofr have you contacted any of the local queen bee breeders? these are a few good places to start as with many of the old crafts a tradesman who can show you the little secrets to manage your colonies safely and efficiently will help you not only in enjoying the process and wonder that keeping bees can bring but also how to minimize the stings. Remember that its important to get stung at times but as you learn the pain will leave and be more of a quick annoyance than anything the best and most important part is to get out and get into it.
>>
>>2130411
literally what is even the point then
>>
>>2130425
>A perfect report card, all B's.

That's a great line
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.