[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This bird can barely move, it's trying to fly but it can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (553 KB, 1313x1010) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
553 KB, 1313x1010
This bird can barely move, it's trying to fly but it can't
What would you do /an/?
>>
Take it to the vet
>>
Leave it alone, i.e. 360 and back from whence ye came
>>
>>2129036

Of course it can't fucking fly.

Pick it up, put it in the nest or kill it.
>>
put it back in its nest
>>
>>2129036
It is too young to be out of the nest. Either it fell out while a predator was raiding the nest or one of its siblings pushed it out because it was weaker and there was too much competition. Sometimes, when one egg hatches way before another, the older chick will be much stronger than its younger sibling and kick it out of the nest to get rid of the competition for food from the parent.

If you can spot the nest it fell from, you can try putting it back. Otherwise, the most humane thing would be to smash it with a rock. Awful, I know, but nature is harsh and it would be less cruel end than letting it die slowly of hypothermia there on the ground.
>>
You could also try hand raising it but that'd be a bit of a commitment
>>
Look for a nest. If no nest, get the heat lamp out and start trying to identify the bird and what I need to feed him.

If you smoke, do NOT touch baby birb until you have washed your hands.
>>
>>2129036
Try to find the nest it fell from, or put it in a dark container and try to find a wildlife rehab center asap. If you can't do either, you could try hand raising it, but otherwise it honestly doesn't stand much of a chance.
>>
Step on it.
The skull makes a neat popping squish sound.
>>
>>2129205
Let me tell you about raising wild animals
>10 years old
>dog all excited with something in his mouth
>it's a babby squirrel
>it's still alive
>scream at parents until they help me try to save it
>local high school does wildlife rehabilitation
>tell me they don't save squirrels
>but they'll copy some literature for me to try to save it myself
>scream at parents until they buy the supplies I need
>squirrel lives
>squirrel grows
>aw yeah bro squirrel, call him nutters because ten year old
>after a few months let him go in back yard with all the other squirrels
>he has a notched ear from getting nommed by dog, squirrels here have big ear tufts, easy to recognize him from funky tuft
>success, feels good man
>not even a week later nutters gets eaten by a hawk
>>
bawww nature is scary. look at me I'm OP I'm so empathetic and altruistic. Maybe if I help this animal that will prolly die either way I will gain some brownie points or get the pussy.
>>
Another anon with similar problem, i also don't know what to do, family brought it in and are asking me to help it survive.
I also am in charge of a bat with a ripped wing with also no idea whay to do.
Any help is appreciated since apparently I'm a vet.
>>
>>2130175
Well I asked /an/ what they would do.
I actually never did anything and walked past it. Later I found out that it disappeared, probably eaten by a cat. Please actually read next time
>>
>>2129395

>screaming at parents
You're a shit and I would've thrown Nutters out the window for that amount of disrespect.
>>
Nest or kill.
>>
>>2129036
Fuck the nest. Kill it, op. Feel the rush.
>>
Call a /K/ommando to come take care of my light work.
>>
>>2132028
>le edgy pampered suburbanite.gif
>>
File: baby bird.jpg (287 KB, 760x569) Image search: [Google]
baby bird.jpg
287 KB, 760x569
>>
>>2129036
Well, considering this is /an/ - Animal Abuse & Edginess, most here would step on it, then post about it 300 times.
>>
>>2130175
Shut the fuck up. Why is every blue board so full of edgefaggotry and cancer?
>>
>>2132253
why is not caring about a bird being edgy?
>>
>>2132258
Nobody cares that you're a sociopath. Nobody. Nobody even cares on boards like /b/ where you're the majority. You know why you're wrong because you've obviously been told why your entire life. Those who don't respect life deserve theirs taken away. And I really wish we'd start doing it. There'd be a hell of a lot less problems in this world.
>>
>>2132261
>I don't go out of my way to prevent nature from taking it's course just for the sake of "saving" a fucking bird
>this makes me a sociopath
okay
>>
>>2132258
Are you underage?

There is a difference between having to announce "I don't give a shit you fucking faggot", and genuinely not caring or minding.
>>
>>2132267
>everyone on 4chan is one person
>>2132258
is my first post in this thread
>>
>>2132268
>4chan is one person
Sort of, but more like shared ideas. It is beautiful when someone in a way completes your sentence.

You stepped up and wrote a comment that can be seen as defending the other guy, or at least ignores his crime. You're an accomplice.
>>
>>2132329
ignoring a dying animal is not a crime by any measure

there's a reason wildlife expeditions filming big cats in africa don't try to save the gazelles and zebras. Some animals must die so that others can live, intervening defeats the purpose.

How far are you willing to take this? Would you stop that same bird from eating a worm? If all life is valuable how can you determine which life is more valuable, and is it really in your power to do so?

TLDR: stop playing god
>>
>>2132456
> stop playing god

Isn't that what everyone does when they get a pet? I know interfering with a wild animal is different from a domestic, but still.
>>
>>2132459
No, there's a big difference between rescuing a dog from a shelter and picking up a baby bird you find on the ground.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.