[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shiba Inu sharing n stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13
File: 柴犬.jpg (32 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
柴犬.jpg
32 KB, 650x650
>Boyfriend and I are saving for a Shiba. >Disagreeing with what to call it, since we're only a couple of hundred away from being able to afford one.
>Dream name for any dog was 'Guts' like from the Mankanshoku family in KLK.
>Partner says 'no, that's stupid, let's call it Doggo'
>Doggo grows on me
>Partner changes his mind to simply 'doge' like a fucking pleb

>????????????????

Also share pics, webms or gifs of Shibas and info of yours.

Bonus points if you give tips for finding/buying and/or caring/training bbs.
>>
File: alvin and the shibes.jpg (37 KB, 500x427) Image search: [Google]
alvin and the shibes.jpg
37 KB, 500x427
Also I've never been a dog person in my life until recently. I'm terrified of large, intimidating and loud dogs cause I only stand at around 5'3''.
>>
File: mighty warrior puppu.jpg (51 KB, 600x665) Image search: [Google]
mighty warrior puppu.jpg
51 KB, 600x665
>>
File: is this real.jpg (309 KB, 800x448) Image search: [Google]
is this real.jpg
309 KB, 800x448
>>
File: chublord.jpg (14 KB, 326x326) Image search: [Google]
chublord.jpg
14 KB, 326x326
>>
File: doggo dreams.png (978 KB, 630x788) Image search: [Google]
doggo dreams.png
978 KB, 630x788
>>
File: EEEEEEEEE.jpg (150 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
EEEEEEEEE.jpg
150 KB, 500x375
>>
Are you the beta girl who won't stand up to her controlling weeaboo boyfriend? Well, if so, good luck
>>
>>2128992
nah m8, my boyfriend's younger than me. Not controlling, just arrogant.
>>
>>2128978

Do you have any idea what these dogs tempermant is like? Theyre fucking horrible.
>>
>>2128995
oh??? Do you have personal experience to share?
>>
>>2128997

I thought I just did.
>>
File: manystandard.jpg (49 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
manystandard.jpg
49 KB, 520x390
>>2128997
'They're fucking horrible' is a bit vague for me broz
>>
>>2128999
trips, have u had any 'fucking awful' experience with owning a shiba?
>>
Why are people so obsessed with these incredibly difficult to train (read impossible for inexperienced owners) meme dogs when there are so many better dogs that you can get for free in the pound?
>>
>>2129003
ok m8. im gonna assume this is a rhetorical question, and thank you for your imput.
>>
>>2129001

Trips has spoken.

I have not had a positive experience with the several shiba inu I have come into contact with, 1 of those was when I was in Japan. They were yappy, bared their teeth and were not something I would tolerate in my presence if I had the choice. The Japanese Akitas I met while in Japan were far superior in every way, intelligent and well behaved although cold towards non family members.
>>
>doggo
>doge

Your boyfriend sounds like cancer.
>>
Getting a Shiba for long-dead normie meme purposes is utterly reprehensible... just get a normal non-basal, non-spitz dog. I swear Guts was a pug anyway, get one of those little mongoloids instead.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7vCRKIjEsU

forget this reddit meme and take a dog from a shelter OP
>>
> weeb trash couple
> wants shibe because meme dog
> wants to name it after anime or memes

Just fucking murder suicide and remove both of yourselves from the gene pool
>>
>>2128978
What everyone else says. Not everything that seems cute and is trending is suitable for first time owners.
>>
>>2129029
originally i wanted a pug but apparently they're not healthy enough??? because of they're squashed faces.
>>
>>2129038
>assumption making cunt
>>
>>2128978
If the dog's name is your primary concern, and if you're not even aware of the common reputation/characteristics of this breed, it doesn't sound like you should be getting a shiba.
>>
Opie why not get an akita? If you like jap dogs
>>
>>2128994
>my boyfriend is younger than me.

Yeah the "doggo" and "doge" gave it away. Those are the dumbest dog names I've seen. Is he a 12 year old meme lord?
>>
>>2129044
Search for long nosed pugs. Pretty rare, but people are trying to breed out the breathing problems they have.

Shiba's are notoriously difficult to train, aloof, independent, aggressive without proper handling. They make Huskies look like a walk in the park.
>>
>>2129056

OP got convinced into a meme name for an animal they're going to have for almost a decade that also costs about as much as the average american paycheck by their younger millenial bf.

OP isn't ready to train a horse to shit standing, much less an akita or shiba.
>>
How much would you say Shiba Inu Puppies are worth paying for?
>>
>>2129077
No price is worth the disastrous outcome of 2 clueless noobs owning a notoriously difficult dog because muh memes
>>
>>2129077
get a french bulldog, pug, papillon or boston terrier. please don't get a Shiba.

It would be like a kid that wants a Shark becase it saw Jaws
>>
>>2129081
Even if I already own a Husky?
>>
>>2128982
It is real, there used to be a dog who sold cigarettes in a Japanese booth.
>>
>>2129081
>pug
You're complaining about her getting a meme dog but offering a pile of heart and lung complications as an alternative?

I love pugs, but man, the health issues make it a way worse idea for a new owner than a Shiba.
>>
we had a 15-month old shiba at the shelter i work in, and he was a handful. im not going to say he was awful because he was very cuddly and affectionate..but he didn't respond to commands unless he knew he was getting rewarded, and he was VERY high energy.
also that scream. i had seen it in videos but holy shit it sounds horrendous in real life
>>
>>2129091
>I love pugs, but man, the health issues make it a way worse idea for a new owner than a Shiba
Congrats on typing one of the single most retarded things I have ever read on this board.
>>
>>2129124
Oh come on now, I've read much, much, much worse things on this board than that.
>>
>>2129140
Hence the "one of".

I mean, pugs are a pile of horrific health problems, but temperament wise they are the definition of a beginner dog. To say having a screaming, high energy, untrainable hell demon is preferable to a great temperament dog for first time owners....
>>
Ever had a particularly stubborn dog that knew every trick in the book, and wouldn't do a single one unless you had a treat visible?

Just think about that for a second. Leaving the house, want the dog to move away from the door (nope), dog get off the bed (nope), dog don't jump on the guests (nope), dog don't steal food off the table (nope), dog come inside (nope), dog go outside (nope), dog just come here dammit (nope), dog stay in the bath (nope). And if they ever get off their leash - they're gone. Just let them go. Don't even bother chasing them.

Meet the Shiba Inu. Most of them have that independent, stubborn personality that makes many dogs a total fucking nightmare.

This reminds me of the time (last week, actually) that Husky/Great Pyrenees mix in the neighborhood got out. Beautiful dog. Energy and agility of a Husky, absolute shit stubborness and independence of a great pyrenees. This dog came up to me and I was I like "sup, doggy." I noticed the distinct Pyr coat and Husky eyes. Pet him a bit then he ran off. Then some guy come up bitching about me not grabbing him. I laughed and laughed. That guy was never gonna catch that fucking dog. I wasn't even going to offer to help. It's a lost cause. As far as I know, he never did.
>>
>>2128978
Name it Keiichi, it's a Japanese name for a Japanese dog.
>>
Man I love these threads. Berating retarded OPs for not having done a shred of research, shitting on meme pets and people's retarded reasons for getting them, ripping on weebs and everything they stand for. Mfw these threads
>>
>>2129195

Kind'a surprised they had the balls to post here. I saw it while scrolling through the catalog and immediately thought "Oh, god, what have you done?"

Must be their first day on /an/.
>>
>>2129046
He literally sumerized the OP.
>>
>>2129046
They're right, you know.
>>
>>2129179
I hate people when they do that, just because the breed is japanese doesn't fucking mean name it a Japanese name so annoying.
>>
here in gerogia there are about 2 places that are somewhat known for shiba inu (I believe they are both byb but take really good care of the dogs). They go for around 1200 a pup so idk what state you live in they might be priced the same. Also please rethink about getting that breed since I know both of you want to get it because of the meme* fad and you have shitty taste for even liking klk making it even worse.
>>
>>2129014
Aren't Akitas like twice the height and three times the weight, thus a bit more of a problem if poorly trained?
>>
>>2128978
>buying a literal meme dog
>To give it a meme name
>from an edgy meme Chinese cartoon

>To be shared between teo Ritalin-addled masters who will abandon it at the first signs of boredom.

wow.
much neglect
many irresponsibility
>>
>>2129435
Two*
>>
File: frogdrinkingicedtea.jpg (125 KB, 1120x720) Image search: [Google]
frogdrinkingicedtea.jpg
125 KB, 1120x720
>>2129435
>>
>>2129376
>caring about what other people name their pets
>>
>>2129426

There are difficulty levels with dog breeds. Some are beginner pets, like Labradors or Retrievers where it's hard to screw them up. And some you really need to know what you're doing with, like APBTs or Rottweilers. Hell, most toy dogs you need to be trained for but people don't notice their misbehavior because they're so small.

Anyway, Akitas are troublesome because they do have a history with aggression (wiki it, they are basically the Japanese version of APBT and were used at the same time for dog fighting). But they're not as bad as Shina Inu.
>>
>>2129473
>gets up from the computer to feed Neko the cat, Ryu the bearded dragon, Nemo the goldfish and Terry the tortoise
>>
>>2129376
I'm suggesting that name because it's the name of the lead singer of the moonriders.
>>
>>2129046
There's being right, and there's being nice.
>>
>>2130081

>expecting pleasantries on 4chan.org
>>
It's my money and my life, and soon, my dog. I asked for names, not breed politics. I'm just going to call it doggo since no one is being helpful
>>
>>2130110
you a troll anyways - post your dog, when you got it, otherwise I don't take the bait.
>>
>>2130110
Nobody is being helpful because you are making a mistske, and will end up causing the dog more harm than good. Are you really that suprised that an animal and nature board is not helping you fuck up an animal?
Maybe you should take your pretentious ass off that high horse and educate yourself as to why so many people are saying you are making a mistake.
>>
File: 1452616214815.jpg (26 KB, 400x278) Image search: [Google]
1452616214815.jpg
26 KB, 400x278
>>2130110

When there's a hundred other people saying you're wrong, and no one saying you're right, you have to at least acknowledge the possibility that you're wrong.

If you can't do that, you're genuinely a fucking idiot.
>>
>>2130110
>I'm going to go in way over my head and get a difficult dog breed (whilst admitting I'm in it for the memes), and after presumably googling about them and seeing warnings... but still, nobody can criticize me
>>
>>2130113
The fact that you have to explain this as eloquently as you did, pretty much means they already are an idiot.
>>
>>2130112
>>2130113
Actually, I'm thinking about naming it senpai :3 just came to me. I want a male but idk how i feel about neutering. We will deal with that in time. Friday is payday, so we will have the few hundred to get it. My boyfriend reassured me it will be fine anyways.

>Doge
He still dumb
>>
>>2130121

don't forget to get it declawed
>>
>>2130121
whatever, gl
>>
>>2130127
I declaw my kitties already :3
>>
>>2130121
>my boyfriend reassured me it will be fine anyways.
You are both idiots. Or you are a troll. Either way you are still an idiot.
I guess we'll find out when you come here a month from now and make a "what's wrong with my doggo?" thread. Also the inevitable "I can't afford to take him to the vet" excuse, and the always popular "why won't my dog listen to me?" excuse.
Have fun and go fuck yourself OP, I wish you nothing but troubles and hardships you dumb cunt.
>>
>>2130121
>Not getting a Shiba male neutered
That dog is going to chew someone's face off, and you and your weeb trash BF are going to get sent to prison.
>>
>>2130121
>Actually, I'm thinking about naming it senpai :3 just came to me. I want a male but idk how i feel about neutering.

I wish arson was legal.
>>
>>2130110
>>2130121
>>2130131
Okay, confirmed troll, move along everyone. OP well played, you rustled a lot of jimmies, but ultimately you went too far, 8/10 effort
>>
>>2128978
>getting one of the worst possible dog breeds for beginners because a cancerous meme exists of it
both of you, kill yourselves
>>
>>2130187
>Okay, confirmed troll, move along everyone.

I think the OP was genuine. Some smart ass took up the retard-reigns and turned it into a troll.
>>
>>2129018
To be fair, so does OP.
>>
>>2128978

Blissful while I take him walkies
>>
>>2130192
your moms a meme
>>
>>2131933
How's his temperament?

Does he have any unique tricks? What I've gathered from others is that Shibas do best if you have more structure or really work for them.
>>
>>2128978
Both of you have shit taste.
>>
>>2131978
whoa whoa it's past bedtime kiddo
>>
>>2128979
haha i used to be like that but to cure myself i got a german shepherd

>it didn't work

Call it Dinki Di.
>>
File: Capture24.png (99 KB, 302x262) Image search: [Google]
Capture24.png
99 KB, 302x262
>tfw you wanted a shiba since before they gained meme status but now you can't own one without people thinking you're a meme lord
>>
>>2132385
doge is still a meme?
>>
>>2132385
I personally don't care, as long as the person in question is fully knowledgeable of the time commitment and patience needed to fully care for a shiba.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.