[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cane Corso
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 652x489) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 652x489
I've always loved these dogs and really want one of these puppers, and I'm totally fine with a mix. A few questions

what are your experiences with these dogs?

are they typically on lists of banned breeds?

and are they common enough in rescues to realistically get one? I love them but wouldn't get one if I couldn't adopt
>>
File: oPsfaWB.jpg (1010 KB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
oPsfaWB.jpg
1010 KB, 2988x5312
I would personally go for a large mutt that you couldn't count the possible breeds on less than two hands.

I volunteer at the local shelter and every cane corso I get, be it mix or full, has incredibly nasty ectropion, the dragging of the skin on the eyes.

There is always a reason the dog would be in the shelter and for purebreeds like canes it's most always because some twat fucked up his high tech backyard breeding operation.

Best dog I ever had was the largest boy I could find and he was 3 pounds for every dollar. (adoptable canes will assuredly cost more than the 50$ I spent btw)
>>
>>2128478
Well if I couldn't find a CC I would go for a cute large mastiff or bully breed mutt, all my past dogs have been shelter mutts and usually bully breed mixes. but I've just loved them for while so was thinking about adopting one once I move into a new place.

I think the biggest thing I would be concerned about is if they can be realistically trained to live with a cat as well

And he is very cute!
>>
>>2128457
just get a black lab.
>>
File: IMG_20160522_192034.jpg (1 MB, 2206x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160522_192034.jpg
1 MB, 2206x1836
>>2128457

Theyre too uncommon to be on the list of banned breeds.

That particular Cane Corso is a little bit large, American breeder maybe?

I have a neapolitan mastiff x bullmastiff x dogue de bourdeux and he is great. He is 6 months and starting to get a little bit head strong but we are at puppy school with a highly regarded trainer so shouldnt be too much issue.
>>
>>2128478

>nasty ectropian

Thankyou AKC for that one. Not content with ruining 90% of the Cane da Presa (neapolitan mastiff) stocks your now encouraging this shit in Cane Corsos.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.