[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will any animal ever pass the Sally-Anne test or ask a question?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: sally-anne-false-belief-test.jpg (185 KB, 525x816) Image search: [Google]
sally-anne-false-belief-test.jpg
185 KB, 525x816
Will any animal ever pass the Sally-Anne test or ask a question?
>>
>>2128127
there's one account in the scientific literature of dogs doing this.

still waiting to see it repeated.
>>
>>2128127
I don't know anything about ethology, but how would you even test this in a non-human animal?
>>
We went for a hike on the same area we have hiked 3 or 4 times but this time at a different entrance and my dog kept insisting we went up into the bush where we used to cut across to my parents house despite having not been there for 4 months and not arriving from there like we normally did. I find that uncanny.
>>
Couldn't apes do this?
>>
>or ask a question
Non-human animals have asked questions. It's not actually that unusual in terms of animals we can communicate with. What's unusual is existential questions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_(parrot)
>>
>>2128172
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_(parrot)
>Alex's last words to Pepperberg were: "You be good, see you tomorrow. I love you." These were the same words that he would say every night when Pepperberg left the lab

OW. THE FEELS.
>>
>>2128127
How is that problem even presented to the animal, without definite language?

>>2128172
Controversial.
>>
>>2128127
Leopard geckos could do it.
>>
>>2128209
This

Sleep tight alex, you shall not ve forgotten
>>
Birds seem to have an okay theory of mind, I mean wild birds... so...I think if there is a lack of evidence in this direction, it's because of a lack of tests.
>>
THE ANSWER IS THAT SHE LOOKS IN THE BASKET.

PROVE ME WRONG FAGGOTS.
>>
>>2128351
> looking in the basket
> current year
COME ON PEOPLE
>>
Does Sally have reason to suspect that Anne is a thieving cunt?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.