[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of adopting this dogger. He has one eye and he is mixed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_20160521-194248.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160521-194248.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
Thinking of adopting this dogger. He has one eye and he is mixed breed but it doesn't specify what breeds he is. Can any of you tell me?? Ty
>>
papillon maybe
>>
Might be a staff and a boxer
>>
Pls /an/ I need help
>>
Pitbull/GSD????
>>
>>2127064

Why does it matter what breds he is?
>>
>>2127081
I've heard bad stuff about pitbull and their mixes
>>
>>2127083
If he is fixed and you are willing to work with a trainer if you notice any problem behavior, then his breed doesn't matter.
>>
>>2127083

The stigma behind the breed is as simple as that. A stigma. More than half the pitbull attacks you hear about aren't even apt they're look a likes or completely different breeds. Im not saying they have a predisposition to aggression and other issues, but many don't. This dog doesn't look a bit like apbt. Looks like a mastiff GSD
>>
Thanks for the great replies guys
>>
>>2127090
This. My parents along with many other people I know think that any dog with a short snout is a pitbull.
>>
I see GSD/Pitt
>>
File: uPXudwG.jpg (468 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
uPXudwG.jpg
468 KB, 2448x3264
if your ass is so ignorant that you are basing your opinion of a breed off of a stereotype that has been completely demolished by mountains of evidence than you shouldn't be adopting the fuckin dog, man.

read.
>>
>>2127083
Do not assume anything from a mix breed dog ever, no matter what it looks like.
>>
>>2127084
>>2127090

/an/ can be completely blinded by their hippy tendencies sometimes.

It is a rescue dog. A pitbull mix rescue. this isn't some 8 week old puppy from a breeder that can be raised in a loving environment. This is an adult dog of unknown origin with an injury you commonly see in dog fighting.

I agree that pitbulls are misunderstood. But /an/ generally agrees that pitbulls need to be raised properly because their risk factors are higher. They aren't Labradors or some fairy dog. You can't dick around when raising them. Same can be said for GSD, Rotts, Chowchows, Shibas, are a hundred other takes. There are "difficulty levels" - some dogs are easier to raise into a decent final product than others.

>"b-b-but professional trainers can fix it" ...

B-b-b-but 99% of people avoid people bull rescues precisely because they don't want to end up having to get a professional to come in and fix someone else's mistakes.
>>
>>2127083
From someone with plenty of pitbull terrier and mixes, really isnt as bad as you think. I personally find the mixes more endearing. Full bloods are just so hyper, too much for my liking and when it comes to such a breed full of energy + not being socialized - its a terrible mix. They really do need the training and excerise. Mixes 'tend' to be better but by no means is that always the case. But the bully breed personality is very entertaining, goofy and loveable. I spent most of my life away from them because my parents hated them until they adopted a 'boxer' mix who was obviously mostly, if not half ABPT - changed our minds. Even as a teenager and my dad's shitty upbringing of dogs it really made me wonder how people fuck up these dogs so bad.

Take your time, observe your dog, correct behaviors, socialize and really you will have a lovely dog.
>>
>>2127064
this >>2127083

'Adopt' it, and have it euthanized. Do the wold a favor.
>>
>>2127317
Also, so fucking much this. Stay the fuck away from that motherfucker, OP.
>>
>>2127317
This
>>
>>2127083
pitbull stigma is bullshit but surprise surprise he's probably the only mix at the shelter without pit blood. looks like some australian cattle and boxer
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.