[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My bird is really sweet and tame when he's with me and does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160521_184750898.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160521_184750898.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4160
My bird is really sweet and tame when he's with me and does whatever trick I learned him to do but whenever he sees himself in a mirror or when he's with other birbs for a while he straight up ignores me and bites really fucking hard if I even get my finger close to him.

He bites so hard that I have puncture holes in my finger. Why the fuck does he do this?

Only way I can get him back in his cage is by grabbing him and controlling his beak so he doesn't perforate my fingers but then he just gets angry at me for the rest of the day...

He's a Male, about 14 months now and gets enough attention/playtime and has a varied diet as well.

>pic related
>>
>>2127003
Does he have a partner?
>>
>>2127004
No but he gets more than enough attention from me and other family members though.
>>
>>2127003
What does he do when he is 'angry at you'?
Sounds like he wants to be around his own species more? Is he also less affectionate to you when he has been around other tiels or a more?
>>
>>2127092
He starts hissing if I get close to him after I put him back in the cage. Usually I scratch his head when he's on his perch but when he's angry he nibs and hisses at my finger.

He isn't affectionate with me at all and just ignores me when he's with other birds. He'll stand on my head and on my finger but flies away if I start talking to him. If I want him back on my finger he immediately bites really fucking hard and flies away.

He isn't like this at all when he's just with me though. Then he wants scratches, whistles in my ear, wants kisses and all that cutie birb stuff. So I don't get why he gets so hostile towards me when other cockatiels are near.
>>
>>2127167
eh wants to look tough in front of his birb friends, you're like the ugly gf he fucks on the side that he doesn't want anyone to know about
>>
>>2127092
Perhaps it is the opposite.

This could be a case where he is scared after encountering another bird and becomes hostile.

My friend's Guinea pig was like that.

>I know, not the best example
>>
>>2127167
Could it be a territorial thing? That he doesn't want you around or in his cage?

Don't get it why he is so hostile towards you when he is with other birds though. How is he towards other (unknown) birds?

Think anon might be correct and that you are his side bitch.
Now get the fuck of /an/ and make him some diner, bitch
>>
he's a bird and this is what birds do

a bird will always prefer the company of other birds unless its an especially smart one like a parrot

he's only affectionate with you because you're the only thing available and birds have very strong flocking instinct. If there's a bird around (even if its only his own reflection) he'll go to it and try to shoo you off

keep him away from mirrors and other birds and he'll stay attached to you
>>
>>2127381
This made me laugh but this is 100% true.

>is there anyone else about?
>eh I'll just hang with this nerd then
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.