[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/o/ here i need your advice I currently live on campus and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1463628143042.gif (650 KB, 598x444) Image search: [Google]
1463628143042.gif
650 KB, 598x444
/o/ here i need your advice

I currently live on campus and my ex is neglecting her rabbit so i'm probably going to go steal it this weekend and take care of it here because frankly he liked me more and she never fed the thing.

How safe's storing the rabbit in a carrier while it sleeps overnight? I understand it'd need a shitload of hay and a hiding place in the cage, but it was a house rabbit before (Dwarf Lop). I also used to take it for walks occasionally, so that shouldn't be an issue for exercise.

Any advice?
>>
>>2126893
who cares, you're not gonna be able to properly care for a bunny while living on a campus anyway. they need way too much space for that. all you'd do is keep it under shitty conditions while being under the impression you saved it.
>>
>>2126896
The room's a studio about the same size as an apartment, i just can't have it outside the cage at night here because if a night manager sees it i have to move out
>>
>>2126897
If you're talking about keeping it in one of these things every night you can forget about it. Bunnies are active for most of the night and having it locked up for several hours every day in this shit is just torture.
>>
>>2126902
What about a moderate sized (Imagine a single bed mattress) cage/environment?I do agree that a small cage seemed pretty cruel
>>
>>2126904
That would be better, but if you do get the bunny you should start searching for a better place for it. Bunnies aren't low effort pets and I can't imagine taking care of one properly on a campus where it has to be kept secret.

Bunnies aren't supposed to be kept alone either, so a partner would require a good bunch more space as well.
>>
>>2126908
It would be until October, which is when my lease expires and i can actually move onto an apartment.
>>
>>2126912
If you'll give it a proper pen after moving out I guess a cage could work temporarily
>>
>>2126916
Yeah i'm moving into a 2 bed/1 bath apartment owned by relatives (Taking their lease)

The house's lino so i can basically devote most of the place to them.
>>
Why not keep it in your place at night? You can let it run around too, litter training rabbits is really easy. Just et a box, scoop all their shit in there for however long and they'll get the picture that 'this is the bathroom coroner'.
>>
>>2126924
>I currently live on campus

my place is currently 4500kms away
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.