[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do dogs eventually bite their owners if they feel annoyed? Or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1463414395013.jpg (84 KB, 386x486) Image search: [Google]
1463414395013.jpg
84 KB, 386x486
Do dogs eventually bite their owners if they feel annoyed? Or misinterpreting playing as an attack even though you're their owner? Or when you're hugging them too hard? You know what I mean.
Have you ever had that happen to you?
>>
No, an adult dog would never do this unless you abused them or something. A puppy might accidentally draw blood because of their razor sharp little puppy teeth, but they'll learn extremely quickly anyway.

Pitbulls would do this, though, as they are naturally viscous animals who were bred to bite and inflict pain.
>>
I once saw somebody kicking and slapping their large dog (I think it was rottweiler) and the dog didn't fight back. But the dog did something naughty so maybe he felt like he deserved it? I don't know. I'm not a dog expert.
>>
Bump. Guys share your stories please.
>>
No. My dog gets a bit nippy when he plays, but that is just how he plays. I stop the game if he starts doing it, so he is learning.
>>
a puppy would. a young dog might. an adult dog shouldn't.

train them well. that's what it comes down to. my puppy was really mouthy when he first came to me, but if he nipped me (harder than the "just playing" nip), I'd yelp real loud and turn away and ignore him for about thirty seconds, and he'd "apologize" by licking me and gently nudging to play more.
>>
>>2126811
Stop that
>>
Biting can happen with dogs of any age, that's why proper training it important starting as early as possible. It is also important to read a dogs body language and know when enough is enough. If you ignore a dog trying to tell you stop, you deserve to get bitten.

Luckily, my dog mastered the soft-mouth bite before I got him so he has never bitten hard outside of playing which is easily corrected
>>
any dog can bite anyone, it all depends on the situation. that's why you should always be conscious of your dog's body language and behavior. it's also why even if a dog "had never bitten anyone and is super nice", some vets will muzzle the dog regardless for things like vaccines. with an animal that can cause a lot of bodily harm if they choose to bite, it just seems like common sense to be consistent with training and knowledgable on dog behavior so you can see if something you or someone else is doing is stressing them out, because stressed or scared dogs are usually the ones that will bite. not to mention them potentially redirecting
>>
>>2126811
Please don't bully the bully breeds.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.