[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would have happened here if my pupper hadn't been on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: bun.jpg (306 KB, 1222x900) Image search: [Google]
bun.jpg
306 KB, 1222x900
What would have happened here if my pupper hadn't been on her leash, /an/?

The rabbit stared at us for a second and then ran the wrong way before finding a way out of our yard, so if I had been taking my pupper out just to play instead of for a walk I'm positive she'd have caught the bunny. Would she have just instinctively killed and eaten it?
>>
>>2126330
depends. It might have tried to play with it or something.
>>
Maybe not killed and eaten it, but it would have injured the rabbit either way if she tried to play with it.
I had a dog who tried to play with a young chicken who got out, the dog was pretty small but the chicken still got fucked up
>>
>>2126330
Depends on the dog.
My puppy's been noticing birds more and more lately and looking at them intently.

I wonder if she'd think the rabbit's a cat, she likes hanging with cats and always asks my aunt's to play with her, brings him her toys and stuff. [spoiler]He never wants to play.[/spoiler]
>>
My previous dog was obsessed with finding squirrels and rabbits. Never caught a squirrel, but he did once catch a rabbit. Once he finally caught it he just stood there with it in his mouth for a bit, like "oh shit I didn't think I'd get this far, now what do I do?", and eventually decided to shake it about like a toy.

Eventually he let it go and the rabbit limped off. Fairly sure it died.
>>
>>2126330
my doggo once uncovered a whole nest of baby rabbits and just barked at them until I covered them up again and put him inside
>>
Most dogs, especially puppies, won't commit to biting forcefully onto something until they knows what it is.they are biting. More than likely pupper would have bit just enough to restrain or cornered it and barked while gently nipping it for a bit.

This is basically my experience with having dogs and chickens while growing up.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.