[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can strays imprint themselves onto the people who adopt/rescue them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1463551004184.jpg (99 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1463551004184.jpg
99 KB, 720x480
Can strays imprint themselves onto the people who adopt/rescue them?
>>
Toxoplasmosis thread?
>>
>>2126212
What's the big deal? People hardly feel its effects. I'm not a pregnant woman.
>>
>>2126197
Yes they can but that doesn't mean they always will
>>
>>2126265
Dunno. People have skin rush fungi all around, mold spores in their lungs, cold sores and so many other friends who it looks like are able to make said people slightly weaker while they are sick and what's it.
>>
>>2126265
>People hardly feel its effects
even if it only affected 0.1% of the people that carry it we're still talking about millions.

1/3 of the world population has it, and it's linked to all sorts of mental disorders.

it is a big deal.
>>
>>2126295
All of the "links" haven't been proven in the slightest, or need more research to show.

It is a meme parasite for people to make SO FUNNAH XD jokes about cat ownership. Believing it is anything else with our current body of evidence either makes you a memester, a shitposter, or just retarded.
>>
>>2126303
>haven't been proven in the slightest
a link with all sorts of mental disorders has already been established, there's plenty of evidence for that, just not how bad the problem is.

cats are a meme tier pet for meme tier people.
>>
>>2126305
Must be why 50% of the world is schizophrenic.... because of toxoplasmosis, right?
>>
>>2126312
even if it isn't harmful to humans you're still responsible for the future extinction of marine mammals.

otters, sea lions, etc are all dying because of it.

if it kills other mammals, what makes you think it's not a bad thing regardless of whether it's been demonstrated to cause constructive damage on a large scale?

it's a brain parasite, when has a brain parasite ever been good for you?
>>
Cats barely imprint anyways, their memory is cyclical

Also, enjoy your toxoplasmosis and other diseases
>>
>>2126314
>you're still responsible for the future extinction of marine mammals.
>otters, sea lions, etc are all dying because of it
>>
>>2126314
How can I avoid it or get rid of it, then
>>
>>2126197
Yes my cat of 8 years was wild as a kitten. About 10 weeks old eating squirrels. We caught him, was going to neuter him and put him back in the wild, but he gave up any sort of instincts and got attached to us, before we got attached to him. He became scared and retarded when outside. He desparetely loved us, and when we learned he was dying due to a tumor ridden stomach, he cuddled with me and my grandmother as much as he could, increasingly as time went on. We really miss him.
>>
Depends on the cat. Some will, some wont.

If you're working with an adult feral, just take it slow and don't look at it. Also, just happen to conveniently always have a treat in your hand while looking in the opposite direction of the cat. Eventually the cat will figure out that you have delicious food and have not hurt it. Safety, warmth and food are huge motivators for any mammal.

Whether or not the cat turns into a cuddle puddle or continues to stare at your suspiciously for the rest of it's life, meh, who knows.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.