[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are kangals good dogs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: kangal 5678965467.jpg (91 KB, 680x500) Image search: [Google]
kangal 5678965467.jpg
91 KB, 680x500
are kangals good dogs?
>>
>>2125335

As live stock guardians?

Yes.
>>
>>2125335
not for beginners
>>
>>2125366
So much this
You at least need a huge ass garden or a park to be able to drain a kangal's energy. Also if you are getting only one, oooh boy you better start lifting. They are strong as fuck and you need to play with them A LOT, thats why most people get 2 of them so they can play with each other.
Also they are great ponies for kids, they can ride them without the worry of becoming a brony in the future
>>
>>2125335
Do they suck as pets?
>>
>>2125502

Please, Children should not be riding dogs!
>>
>>2126642
Oh calm peta
>>
>>2125335
Besides being stupid as fuck?
>>
>>2125335
They're probably not a good house pet but if you have goats or sheep that need protection they'll do a great job.
>>
>>2126646
Not that anon but seriously, dogs don't have the proper skeleton for riding and can get pretty injured. They are not ponies
>>
>>2126781
>stupid as fuck
what are you talking about? Kangals are very intelligent dogs more intelligent than you are
>>
>>2126888
Whatever man, I just like some theropods, but I also like other dinosaurs as well. I'm not a huge fan of dinosaurs like it's a passion though. When it comes to prehistoric marine organism, I'll tend to find more interest in the topic.
>>
>>2127063
Sorry, meant for >>2127054
>>
all dogs are good dogs
>>
>>2127129
Bullshit. Say that to shiba owners.
>>
>>2127172
question:
which one has more truth to it
"all dogs are good dogs"
or
"all owners are good owners"
>>
>>2127175
K
>>
>>2126888
Kangals can fight packs of wolves and have upper hand, even defeat a whole pack by themselves.
They sure are strong enough to have a 2-3 year old on their backs
Im a Turkfag anon i know my kangals
>>
File: tumblr_ma793ppeM61qgzqco[1].png (242 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ma793ppeM61qgzqco[1].png
242 KB, 500x310
>>2128643
>It's a Turk makes a completely implausible claim about something Turkish episode
>>
I have some acres and have been planning for a kangal for a few years. Don't have any goats yet though and we still have to put up fences. Would be my first LSG.

Anyone with experience with LSGs can provide some insight on them being 'away' from the property/animals? Not for days or anything. Couple hours or so. Will they get too stressed? While said dog would also have a 'job' I do want it to be able to be in the house so I figured I'd get one of those electronic dog doors. Too many coyotes and animals right at our backdoor for something too free but I have read some experience from people with kangals that they are good in the house - but often come and go to do random checks around the property so I don't want to keep it from doing it's job.
>>
>>2128670

I grew up with one. He was the shy pup from the litter, so this may not go for all, but what you said holds true. Even though he was socialized, he didn't handle new situations real well, but he was intelligent and could solve problems. Very patient, sometimes goofy. He liked being around his family, especially as he got older, but he would prefer to spend most of the day outdoors. He wouldn't go far from the property unless someone walked with him, but he always kept a few paces ahead so you wouldn't be able to catch him (which became a problem when we moved from rural to suburbia). Once he had no choice but a pen or the house, he just stayed in the house.
>>
>>2128670
>people with kangals that they are good in the house
This is bullshit anon
They are lying or either they have a large garden they can play with the dog until it gets tired

Kangals are literally the worst possible indoor dogs
If you keep one in the house since it is a pup, it will grow up to have psychological problems. But for the land, you can like you asked, it is no problem for them being away from the property, Kangals can simply wander around a large land as they feel, if you let them grow used to the land they will go enjoy themselves running around freely with no stress issues.
If I understood everything wrong and you mean about them staying inside for a couple of hours, still nope, kangals love attention they will enjoy being near you as much as the animals and the property
>>2128654
>/tv/ out of their containtment
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.