[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pupper dying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: dogg.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
dogg.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
Hey /an/, I don't know a whole lot about animals or anything but my doggy has been acting really weird for the past month or so. She's been eating very little, shaking, having no energy, had wet breathing, thousand-yard-staring, and a few other things. Normally I would attribute it to aging, but it's happened very quickly. My mum took her to the vet, she's my mum's dog, and they said it could be either a tick borne illness or cancer, but they couldn't confirm either.

What's happening with her? Is she dying? How do I make her feel better? P-please, my bf is leaving town at the end of this month, I can't lose him and my dog at the same time. My heart can't take that much pain
>>
Either your mom is a cheap ass or your vet is wildly incompetent. Both of those can be diagnosed with blood tests and the cancer can be confirmed with imaging too.

From what you're writing, it sounds like your dog is in an incredible amount of pain.
>>
>>2125334
>Both of those can be diagnosed with blood tests and the cancer can be confirmed with imaging too.
The tests came back negative for anything conclusive, and her hematocrit was really low. They did an ultrasound of her pancreas to rule out pancreatitis or pancreatic cancer.

It hurts to see her like this, I made her a little scarf to try and keep her warm but it doesn't seem to be doing anything
>>
>>2125332
Might be worms and find a better vet.
>>
Second opinions are a thing with animals. Take her to another vet. Something is wrong and it sounds like she is a huge amount of pain.
>>
>>2125802
The practice we take her to has a few vets, and all of them weighed in on this, they couldn't figure it out.

She went to get another test today. Everyday she's just wasting away, and my mum hopes that her hematocrit will be low enough for a transfusion, but I just think that would prolong her suffering.

I hate to think that I'm ending my favourite dog's life when it wasn't necessary, but it kills me to see the life gone from her.

>>2125796
nope, they ruled that out
>>
>>2125332
>She's been eating very little, shaking, having no energy, had wet breathing, thousand-yard-staring

Your dog has developed an alcohol problem.
>>
Sorry OP. Sounds like you might just want to put your dog down. If your vets can figure this out, you can't let your dog suffer. It's just not right.
>>
File: 1457915445236.gif (536 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1457915445236.gif
536 KB, 500x281
>>2126660
Well my mum took her to another vet, and they said it was either IMHA or, more likely, cancer. Specifically lymphoma. They gave her a shot of steroids and said if she responds to that then the longest she will live is 18 months, with multiple relapses in that time. My mum doesn't want to put her down, but I think it's cruel to just prolong her suffering like that. She won't even discuss the final solution, and when I bring it up she just gets angry at me

basically my puppy is going to die either in the next 3 days, or sometime in the next 12-18 months. I don't want her to suffer, but my mum doesn't want to end her life prematurely. What kind of fucking life is it tho, seeing my happy little pupper wasting away in front of my eyes, lethargic and zombie like.
>>
>>2126895
>She won't even discuss the final solution
Throw your mum in the oven then. The integrity of the Aryan race must not be compromised by the selfish.
>>
File: 1457655193534.gif (2 MB, 472x264) Image search: [Google]
1457655193534.gif
2 MB, 472x264
>>2126901
I can't bring myself to euthanize two bitches in one day tho :^)
>>
>>2126903
Don't think of it as euthanizing, but purifying.
>>
File: Canine-Lymph-Node-Locations[1].jpg (334 KB, 1000x690) Image search: [Google]
Canine-Lymph-Node-Locations[1].jpg
334 KB, 1000x690
>>2126895

I'm a vet student, and we use this scale (http://www.vetsocialwork.utk.edu/docs/Quality%20of%20Life.pdf - HHH) quite extensively with our clients when they're deciding when to euthanise their pets. Perhaps print this off and go through it objectively with your Mum.

R.e Lymphoma, has she got enlarged lymph nodes? Admittedly, these aren't the only lymph nodes in the body- but peripheral lymphoma is pretty common.
>>
File: 2016-03-24.jpg (126 KB, 909x717) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-24.jpg
126 KB, 909x717
>>2127162
too late, we already put her down. She passed with her head in my lap, peacefully while the meds were administered via a catheter. RIP Grace, you were the best dog ever :c
>>
biopsy a lymph node and look for abnormal spindling
>>
Im in the same boat OP. I can't believe I'm going to lose my best friend of 16 years...
>>
File: 1436755695799.gif (1020 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1436755695799.gif
1020 KB, 500x373
>>2127304
>family gets two pound puppies when I was 13
>one puppy was kind of slow and dumb
>other puppy was eccentric and playful and funny
>both sisters, couldn't bear to split them up
>puppy grows up
>she was there when I got beat up in middle school
>she was there when my dad walked out on my mum and married with one of her close friends
>she was there when my sister was dating a scary black chick who I never felt safe around
>she was there when I had too much anxiety to hang out with other high schoolers
>she was there when I had to leave college because of mental health
>she was there when my depression, anxiety, bulimia and borderline pd spiralled out of control
>she's been there through every step of my treatment
>right as things look better for me
>she gets cancer and goes from happy and fun to the opposite in maybe two or three weeks
>tfw my best non human friend and second best friend in the world died right next to me while I pet her
>tfw she trusted me to take her on a nice walk or play with other dogs
>tfw I literally took her to her death
>tfw she trusted me to her very last breath
today was a hard day m8, I'm so sorry that someone else has to feel this shit
>>
>>2127218
I'm so sorry. We had to let mine go today too, he was fine on Tuesday, stopped eating on Wednesday, vet visit on Thursday that resulted in some pills, and then he was so bad on Friday that we took him to the pet hospital and he died on Saturday. Kidney failure, no clear reason why, and they found growths in his liver that would've taken him down even if the kidney situation had been resolved.

I'll miss you, Indy.

Pic is actually him BTW, the person who makes these collar thingies is my neighbor and did the photoshoot.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.