[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is a spider bite. how scared do i need to be? ive got 14
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1463556318913440008702.jpg (1 MB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
1463556318913440008702.jpg
1 MB, 2576x1932
this is a spider bite. how scared do i need to be? ive got 14 more scattered around my body, but this one is the worst. its right where my jeans pocket is, so its been aggravated by keys/phone a lot.
>>
I can't really see it in the picture, so FYI the ring around the center is yellow. Guys am I gonna hafta amputate or what.
>>
Looks like a tarantula bite, you need to go to the doctor before you lose it
>>
>>2124699
Y-youre kidding, right? I just googled tarantula bites and the images were terrifying. Also I'd think I'd notice a tarantula living with me.
>>
Doesn't look like a spider bite to me at all.

What makes you say that, did you see a spider bite you?
>>
>>2124701
I found a few baby spiders a few weeks ago, and I meant to do something about it but I stopped seeing them after a few days and I figured they went away. Now a few days ago, I started waking up every morning with a few new bites. Several are on my feet (walking is the worst right now). The two initial bites have faded to almost nothing, but all of them have swollen up and become mounds the size of a quarter or bigger before starting to go back down.
>>
Looks like a regular old mosquito bite to me. If they went back down then you'll be fine.
>>
>>2124704
Are you sure? I want this to be the case, but I was sleeping in my jeans when I got the one in the picture. Something would've had to crawl inside. Plus there's two on the bottom of my left foot, which isn't generally exposed except when I'm sleeping, and im... 85% sure there aren't any mosquito's in here.
>>
>>2124705
Well, no one can't say anything for 100% certainty over the internet. If you really feel like it might be serious or it hurts a lot just go visit a doctor.
If it was me and it was just itching normally I would just leave it be.
>>
>>2124705
you can't actually identify bug bites by looks.

and we sure as hell can't ID them without knowing your location.

you aren't going to get any real answer.
>>
>>2124707
Yeah, it just itches. Thanks friend, I feel a lot better about it now
>>
>>2124709
Errr, sanfran area then?
>>
Have you considered it may be bed bugs?

Even clean homes can get them, could have carried them in on your clothes form anywhere.
>>
>>2124711
you don't have any spiders with medically significant bites there.

Probably the worst spiders you'd run into are yellow sac spiders and invasive brown widows.
Neither one is dangerous.
>>
>>2124702
Baby spiders can't penetrate skin. You wouldn't be getting multiple spider bites anyway. They're extremely rare.

Bed bug, mosquito, or staph infection. Pick one. (hint: it's probably mosquito)
>>
>>2124720
>Baby spiders can't penetrate skin
who told you that one?
>>
why on earth are you assuming those are spider bites. that's dumb as hell
>>
>>2124721
Me handling baby true spiders that I've hatched over the past 10 years. Maybe they'll penetrate if you've got soft baby skin, but normal skin is a bitch to get through. Baby widows and recluses are too small as 2nd instar to do anything to a human. Tarantulas are another story, but OP doesn't have a tarantula problem.
>>
It might be fleas if they are mostly centered around your ankles and feet. Do you have carpet and/or pets? Post a picture of some of the other bites. Fleas tend to make little "patterns" by biting several times
>>
>>2124693
>14 spider bites

Bull fucking shit.
>>
How long has it been since you received the bite?

If it's more than 12 hours and you're still alive, you'll be fine.
>>
>>2124906
well if all we're comparing is anecdote, every spider bite I've received in the last 15 years has been from a baby spider with the exception of one. I've been bitten by the little faggots five or six times. Never the adults, just the tiny little ones.

their bites don't cause any reaction, but they hurt for a second.
>>
>>2124693
that looks like a mosquito bite you wuss
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.