[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /allergictocats/ here? How doea Zyrtec work for you? I went
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Holiday.png (381 KB, 467x697) Image search: [Google]
Holiday.png
381 KB, 467x697
Who /allergictocats/ here?

How doea Zyrtec work for you? I went to petsmart today and petted a few cats and got sniffly. Cleared up pretty quickly but without zyrtec I end up sneezing all day

My wife and I really want a scottish fold.
>>
Ive lived with cats all my life and just found out I'm probably allergic to them. I hope you can get one someday op.

As far as pills go, I like zyrtec the most. I use it everyday with a nasal inhaler for other allergies.

Do you use flonase or any sprays in addition?
>>
>>2123897
>Do you use flonase or any sprays in addition?
No but my doctor recommended it. I was thinking of picking some up soon
>>
>>2123898
It helps a lot. If flonase doesn't seem to help, there are more potent inhaler alternatives they can prescribe too.
>>
>>2123900
That's awesome and reassuring. I cant imagine life without animals
>>
>>2123897
>zyrtec
that's not good for you to take long term
>>
I was allergic but no longer seem to be. No idea how that works. I just kept patting the cats and the reactions got weaker and weaker. The other day I nuzzled a cat for an hour and didn't have a problem. Feels good man.
>>
>>2123942
Really?
>>
File: cybersiber.jpg (21 KB, 460x290) Image search: [Google]
cybersiber.jpg
21 KB, 460x290
how hypoallergenic are siberians? Is it usually pretty safe for pepple super allergic
>>
>>2124026
yeah, it's been connected to alzheimer's
>>
>>2123890
I'm horribly allergic to certain cats, and the offbrand zyrtec (usually find it at the dollor store) works wonders for me. I don't sneeze or itch unless the cats literally rubbing itself on my neck and face.
>>
>>2123890
I'm mildly allergic to cats (skin rashes from fur/dander contact, no nasal symptoms). When I first got my cat, I would have to Zrytec in order to not get the rashes. But after a while the symptoms died away.

IMO as time goes on, people generally get a reduction of symptoms, but sometimes the symptoms increase a shitton, which is pretty rare.
>>
holy fuck people what's wrong with you?

if you're allergic to an animal DO NOT live with it, you're going to literally become a drug addict who is unwell all the time

if your doctor is recommending allergy meds and a nasal spray instead of >>NOT GETTING A FUCKING CAT<< find a new doctor

come to terms with your disability and pick a different animal
>>
>>2125370
Wait what?!
>>
>>2125370
No it hasn't, it's Benadryl that's been linked to it. Most people don't take that daily unless they have really severe allergies.
>>
itt: people with """"""""""""""""""""allergies""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>2125378
>Suddenly a drug addict because you take a simple pill everyday to help with a minor problem
>a pill that isn't even addictive in any way shape or form
>Not counting people who have to take allergy pills ANYWAY just for daily things even if they don't own cats

Oh buddy, just stop talking. You are either very young and naive, or horribly uneducated on the use of medicines.

Just, just stop. I'm blushing for you over here.
>>
Did someone try allerpet or other products to put on cat's coat?
>>
File: cat-allergy.jpg (54 KB, 600x477) Image search: [Google]
cat-allergy.jpg
54 KB, 600x477
Not allergic to cats, but definitely get a stuffy nose and sneezing from summertime weeds and shit. Only pill that consistently works for me is Benadryl and its knockoffs, but that's pretty much a tranquilizer as well, worthless for the daytime.

Nasal sprays work within minutes all the time, but the package warns not to use it more than three days consecutively.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.