[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What it this thing? Came out of a wooden desk.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160516_193606846.jpg (833 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160516_193606846.jpg
833 KB, 1456x2592
What it this thing? Came out of a wooden desk.
>>
Can you post a better picture? It kinda looks like a bedbug, which if so you're fucked and should set fire to the desk and the guy you got it from
>>
Former pest tech here. That's a bed bug. You better hope there isn't more around. Treatment ranges from 300 to 2000 dollars depending on size of household and infestation.
>>
>>2123834
This guy right here.

You're fucked like Chuck, OP.
>>
>>2123817
bed bug. Sorry OP
>>
That's a bedbug.
Prepare to burn everything.
Good luck OP
>>
>>2123817
This is my worst nightmare when it comes to bugs
>>
>>2123844
>>2123836
>>2123834

Bed bug confirmed. This is at my uni, I'm going to report it tomorrow when I get back.
>>
>>2123877
take all of your clothing and put it in a garbage bag. When you wash your clothes, store them in a new bag. Anything that was under or around your bed you need to spray heavily or throw it away. Store it all in air tight containers and never touch that shit ever again. Bed bugs can live for fucking years.

Wash all of your clothing. All of it. Wash your bed sheets. Always store them away from your bed and in a bag until they come and spray down your room. Go and buy a bed bug mattress protector but don't put it on yet. Dryer heat will kill any bed bugs in your sheets or in your clothing.

After your room is sprayed, put the bed bug protector around your mattress then immediately wash your sheets and clothing AGAIN.

Did you ever leave your laptop on your bed? Do you use your laptop on your bed? Do you use your laptop on a desk next to your bed? Any other electronics? Bed bugs will go to any source of heat including electronics. If you have, they are 100% living in your laptop right now.

I had bed bugs in an apartment once. They were in there the day I moved in but didn't notice them at first. They got pretty bad. Bed bugs breed at an insane rate. Faster than roaches. The pet tech guy was super friendly and told me that unless I did the things above and stayed extremely vigilant about separating my clothing they would come back again in a few months. I did, and they didn't come back.

GL OP HF
>>
>>2123837
This

I threw away a mattress that had them. I ended up infecting my entire apartment complex. No one knows it was me
>>
>>2123885
But this is not in my house.
>>
>>2123892
Is it a place where you've been? Have you stayed there or left any of your belongings there for longer than five minutes?

If so, then what he said still applies.
>>
Please do note that, since you've learned about bed bugs now, you will also have to purge that knowledge from your brain once you're done with your belongings. If not, they will probably nest in your mind and crawl out of your ears to suck your blood while you sleep.

But really, bed bugs are not to be fucked with, and they're sneaky enough that you may not notice an infestation until it's already established. You have a solid chance to ensure this does not happen, so exercise caution.
>>
>>2123893
No, I leaned over this desk with my bare hands and something stinged my hand. The desk had a lot of holes so I started poking it with a pen until that thing came out.
>>
That is a bed bug.
>>
>>2123817
Bedbug.
>>
>>2123817
I've found like a one or two bedbugs in my place before, and that was it. I forget whether they were dead or alive, but I'm pretty surprised I didn't get infested.
>>
Maaaan I dont know what is that but you should try to smoke that bitch... sure you get high...
>>
>>2123817
Its a bedbug. Pick up some ecoraider on Amazon, it's a life saver.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.