[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck stung me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: catfish.jpg (466 KB, 750x551) Image search: [Google]
catfish.jpg
466 KB, 750x551
Okay, so I'm helping my family dredge dead plants and weeds around dock area of where they live in Northern Wisconsin.

Every so often with the muck we get snails, dragonfly nymphs and these things. At first I was thinking they were tadpoles. I just cupped them, moved them to the shore area where we weren't dredging and let them swim away.

Now one of them had a redish stomach and right after I touched him I started feeling like got stung and saw this single, large spine sticking out of its dorsal area. It had enough umph to draw blood and it's still causing discomfort a good hour after it happened.

Assuming I'm not going to die or need to see a vet. I'm wondering, have been really just rescuing baby channel or flathead catfish and one decided to sting me, or are there tadpoles with spines that I'm not aware of? They look kinda like that so that's why I'm thinking it's a catfish, but I don't see anything about them having a single spine on their dorsal area that's not connected to a fin.
>>
Most can sting, it's under their neck-ish area, especially small ones will sting

Just keep it clean and take pain killers, you'll be ok bro
>>
>>2123802
Tadpoles or the catfish? or both?

But the one that stung me a few times was really small.
>>
>>2123796
Probably a channel cat. They have dorsal spikes and you'll be okay. Been stung plenty of times.
>>
>>2123805
Look up madtoms and tell me. Madtoms have spikes there.
>>
File: image.jpg (198 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198 KB, 800x533
>>2123807
>>
>>2123805
Catfish, though I thought "dorsal" meant stomach, I'm dumb
>>
>>2123808
Those are catfish.
They are shaped like catfish.
They look nothing like tadpoles.
They have incredibly obvious catfish whiskers.
Please never breed.
>>
>>2123807
Yeah, I'm going to say they're Tadpole madtoms at this point. The beady eyes are a dead ringer.

If we find another one, I'll take a picture of it to post.

Thank everyone.
>>2123810
Not my picture, stop getting mad.
>>
>>2123810
Did you miss the post about tadpole madtom catfish? You may be actually retarded.
>>
>>2123808
Looks like a madtom.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.