[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My cat keeps sneaking out the windows and getting into my backyard.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9
File: IMG_20151112_185425_208.jpg (3 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151112_185425_208.jpg
3 MB, 3120x4160
My cat keeps sneaking out the windows and getting into my backyard. There's this one spot in the bushes he really likes, he usually runs right there and doesn't go very far from it. I don't really like the idea of him going outside, I think he might get spooked and run off, or get hit by a car or something, but that's not what this is about. The thing is, once he gets out, it's nearly impossible to get him to come back inside. He won't come to me at all, even if I have a treat or a toy. The only way I can get him back in is if I somehow trick him to get close enough to me so I can grab him, but lately he's been seeing through my tricks, so it won't work forever.
He doesn't seem to be getting into any sort of danger when he's outside, but I just know that if he spends too much time outside, he'll never want to come back inside. What fucking do?
Pic related, my cat.
>>
>>2123012

Shut you window, or get some kind of net to put in front so he cannot escape
>>
Stop being a pussy. He'll be fine as long as he's not a total retard like this guy.
>>
>>2123019
We have to keep our windows open because it gets really hot, and it's too expensive to keep our AC on. But that's not really what I'm talking about, I'm wondering what I should do to get him to come back inside when he gets out.

>>2123021
What the fuck happened to that poor cat?
>>
>>2123022
Got in a fight with something. He's an idiot. The big scar he's going to have will match his scraggly look.

So yeah, even dumb cats are fine outside.
>>
>>2123025
And this dummy showed up two months ago. She only has 4 teeth. Just her canines. Went to get her fixed and turns out she already was. I guess someone abandoned her and she likes the aforeseen punk.
>>
>>2123028
And then here is the big fat mean bitch that has been around the longest. She's huge, lazy, hates all other animals and most people, but loves me. I call her Fatty.

I love them all.
>>
>>2123022
You live in a hot region, yet don't have window screen? It's cheap as fuck and will solve your cat and probably bug problem too
>>
>>2123030
He can push or tear them open.
He's a clever cat.
>>
>>2123022
>what I should do to get him to come back inside when he gets out.
Train him better. Those 3 cats I have will come if I start clicking my tongue or snapping my fingers.
>>
>>2123025
>Posts cat with a huge scar like two centimeters away from its eye
>"Letting your cat outside is totally safe :)"
Be glad your cat didn't go blind, get rabies, or get an infection. You're a fucking dumbass but what can I expect from someone who thinks letting their cats outside is a good idea

Your cats probably fuck up wild bird populations and annoy your neighbors too
>>
>>2123031
If you're willing to, get a cat proof fence. Then you can let him out and not worry about his escaping

If he isn't keen on escaping and just wants to check out that bush then a normal fence might even work
>>
>>2123075
They just wiped out all the fledglings in a nest that was built in my garage port. They fell down, didn't fly, got destroyed. It's nature :^)
>>
>>2123080
>invasive species destroys native wildlife
>It's nature :^)
>>
>>2123083
You don't need to be so upset because my cats are cuter and better behaved than yours.
>>
>>2123075
Oh no, not pigeons! The horror!
>>
>>2123012
You don't. They do what they want once they escape outside. Once free from your manipulative clutches and toxic containment, they are no longer your cat but a cat, free to do whatever cat things it feels like whether you like it or not. It can finally be a cat. Kill yourself.
>>
>>2123103

Get fucked, shitlord.
Pets don't belong outside.
>>
>>2123128
These pets lived outdoors for thousands and thousands of years. The indoors are a relatively recent invention. Why do you hate nature?
>>
>>2123133

Are you European?
If so, then cats are fine to keep outside - here in America, they're pests.
So.
Y'know.
Get fucked, shitlord.
>>
File: 1207131402-01.jpg (281 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1207131402-01.jpg
281 KB, 1280x960
>>2123136
I'm an American, and in America I have a right to be free, and so do my pets.

So get bent.
>>
File: 1207131502-00.jpg (280 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1207131502-00.jpg
280 KB, 1280x960
>>2123138
My pets are so awesome that they even share with me.(Even though they leave me the crappy parts)

Why do you have such shitty cats, /an/?
>>
>>2123138

Right, because it doesn't matter what cost in diversity the American biosphere has to pay to support hundreds of thousands of stray and irresponsibly owned felines.

As long as your itty bitty kitties are entitled to their free murders of native fauna.

Geeeeeet fucked, Herr Scheisse.
>>
>>2123141
>Implying I'll shed a single tear for a grey squirrel or mockingbird as I sleep tonight.
But please, keep crying about the diversity. It only gets me excited knowing that my adorable cats, that bring so much joy to my neighborhood, irritate you so much.
>>
>>2123075
Fleas and ticks as well.
>>
>>2123142

Yours are one in a million.
Literally just like every other dead cat I peel off the road for black vultures.
>>
>>2123145
Good stuff, man. I'm glad you're helping to contribute to the circle of life and all that.

I only wish more people were enlightened like us.
>>
>>2123138
Would you be alright if I was your neighbor and let my snakes and monitors freeroam too?
>>
File: 2523.jpg (657 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
2523.jpg
657 KB, 2048x1152
>>2123153
I'd be cool with it. They can't climb on top of cars like my cats.

[spoiler]They also can't outrun 158 grains of jacketed hollow point serpent remover.[/spoiler]

:^)
>>
>>2123160
Well on top of your car sounds like a nice place to take a few shots at it with something that'll surely kill a cat.
>>
>>2123266
What are you even getting at, compadre?
>>
>>2123089
Nah, my indoor cat is cute, healthy, well behaved, and not destructive to the environment
>>
>>2123499
It's also less happy and well adjusted, but yeah, I'm glad you feel better about yourself.
>>
Put tape on the windowsill and put the screen up. Cats hate that shit he won't try to tear the screen down
>>
>>2123012
Option 1: euthanize your piece of shit cat

Option 2: make sure it can't breed and let it fuck off outside.
>>
>>2123138
No. They don't. Non-native predators do not have a right to be released into wrecked ecosystems in insanely unnatural numbers, you retarded faggot. Nor is it even legal in most areas.
>>
>>2123141
>Implying Americans aren't the parasites killing the biosphere or care
>>
>>2123012
Build him a little pen around the spot for him to sit in.
>>
>>2123012
Your cat is very cute
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.