[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cat Balcony!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: catenclosure.jpg (155 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
catenclosure.jpg
155 KB, 1080x1080
I made a cat balcony today!

They haven't been up in it yet, but I'm sure they'll love it.
>>
>>2122629
Very cute! How much did it cost you to make that?
>>
>>2122631
I spent $31.31 on the 4x8' sheet of 5/8" pressure treated plywood and that was it. My carpenter friend let me use some redwood scrap to box it in and he also had that fencing just lying around. Let me use his shop and his tools to build it, patiently answered all my questions, and helped me to install it.

So I spend $31.31 and I think I owe Travis at least 2 cases of beer for all his help lol
>>
cute...
>>
>>2122629
inb4 it falls with cat in it
>>
I assume you can still close the window when its cold otherwise your heating bills might go up.
>>
>>2122662
Actually looking again at the photo, there is a gap at the top which I really think you should address before you let your cat on it.
>>
Is your city's architectural commission or what's the term ok with such things on facades without written permission? It doesn't look like a busy street and I hope there are no fines involved but you'd better check bro.
>>
>>2122662
Yeah the window closes fine.

>>2122664
Yeah, I just need a slightly shorter stick to prop the window open.

>>2122730
I'll check, but I'm sure I'll hear about it by the end of the week from the property manager if it's not kosher.
>>
>>2122649
In that way its more of a cat disposal machine.
>>
I've spent the last half hour looking at OP's street and reading the post where someone is worried about the architectural commission and laughing.
>>
>>2122636

you could always just bang him, I'm sure that's what he was hoping for with helping you out so much
>>
>>2122804
I guess just be happy you live somewhere where the idea is ridiculous to you?

HOA's are also notorious for stopping that kind of thing.
>>
HOA related complaints justify the white tears meme
>>
>>2122829
HAHAHA homeowners association??

man I live in a slum! hahahaha fuking hoa. Yeah the crackhead and the heroin addict living in the abandoned sewage treatment facility had a meeting and decided that my mailbox need to be repainted too.

lol hoa.

Yeah it's nice most of the time being in a place that no one cares about and most people forgot about. It just sucks sometimes with the other horribly depressing people around and the realization that the best thing you ever did in your life was build a balcony for the best friends you'll ever have.
>>
>>2123123
I didn't want to jump to conclusions.
In the US you legit can't tell a crackhouse in an industrial district from billion-dollar gentrified hipster lofts in revitalized urban neighborhoods. They look the same.
>>
>>2122629
That building is actually really cool, where do you live and what's the rent? what is the building even?
>>
>>2123130
Oh man, this is just the front face of the annex. I'll go take some pics of the whole place and be back in a bit. I'm pretty stoned right now so this will be an adventure.

To answer you though, I live in Dayton, Ohio and I pay $200/month all utilities included.

This building that I'm in is the annex. Old man Jerry down the hall told me this was a machine shop and the original structure was a paper factory and later a munitions manufacturing plant for WWI
>>
>>2123146
>200 a month
time to move to ohio, jesus christ. The lowest I can get here in Cali is 800 for a single bedroom.
>>
>>2123146

> Dayton, Ohio

nuff said
>>
>>2123156
doesn't do you any good to move to a lower COL area because income is equally lowered.

what you do is buy a house in cali and once you've paid the million dollar fucker off you sell it and go retire in ohio. Or texas. Or some other third world country where your million dollars lets you buy small towns.
>>
>>2123159
In this case that doesn't matter, even with a minimum wage job you'd be able to live comfortably if your rent is only 200 dollar a month and utilities are paid for.
>>
>>2123165
usually when rents are that low you can't even find minimum wage jobs.
>>
>>2123156
>>2123165
>>2123169

guys let's get one thing straight. I am not legally allowed to live here. This is zoned warehouse. I do not have a bathroom and the wiring here is so dated that I'm amazed it hasn't burned to the ground yet. Everything leaks, there are cockroaches and mice everywhere, and scrappers beg you for metal every day.

But yeah it's $200 and I don't pay for electricity or water or sewage or trash collection.

When I graduate college and make money I aspire to lease a mobile home in a trailer park.

Just saying, I think you all can aim higher.
>>
>>2123173
>I think you all can aim higher
I aspire to purchase your building, gut it, turn it into condos and lofts, and sell you your bedroom for $250k when you graduate college.
>>
>>2123173
The lack of a bathroom sucks but the cockroaches and mice can be taken care of, at least on a room by room basis, you just need to seal entries and set up traps. And maybe get another cat.
Too bad you don't own it, otherwise doing what this guy said >>2123175
at least with more reasonable prices, would be something to consider.
>>
>>2123173
Muh nigga. I've been living in a trailer I'm not suppose to be in. Only thing I have to pay for is internet, my phone, food, etc.

Trailer parks really fucking suck though. Try and find someone who will let you drop a trailer on their property.
>>
>>2123146
>$200 a month
>everything included

Here in Jew York, it costs $600 nothing included for a slum Lord 2 bedroom apartment and that's on the mainland, not in the city. Holy hell
>>
>>2123192
>>2123156
HAHAHAHA. Here in Colorado you can't find an apartment for less than a thousand a month.

Fuck everyone who voted to legalize weed here. The housing market used to fluctuate so that I could dream of owning a house in a not-shitty neighborhood one day. Now all the neighborhoods are quickly becoming shitty and housing prices will never drop.
>>
>>2123146
shit in bumfuck louisiana its like $700 a month with nothing included in a trashy ass drug den
>>
>>2123220
Until they legalize on a national level that is. How many weed hipsters have taken over out there?
>>
>>2123220
My house doubled in value, I'm not really complaining. I just woke up one day with an extra $150,000 in my pocket.

score!
>>
>>2123234
all of them. however, I can't say that they've increased by a noticeable amount. they were always here; now they just feel like they're entitled to be shitty in public more often.

I have a group of college kids that live below me. I say "college kids" but it's obvious they all quit showing up for their classes. all they do is smoke in the communal apartment areas (our apartment is supposed to be nonsmoking but management just doesn't give a shit anymore) and fight with each other over petty high school shit at 2am. one girl's dad showed up because he found out she'd dropped out of all her classes before the withdrawal date so she could take her parents' money and just bum around all day. big screaming match in the courtyard culminating in the dad dramatically dragging her by the arm kicking and screaming into the car.

I'm sure there are mature intelligent casual people who smoke weed out there and aren't human trash, but I have yet to meet any.
>>
>>2123261
>I have yet to meet any.
most of them were quietly smoking when it was illegal and are smoking just as quietly now that it's legal.

It's not like it's suddenly become socially acceptable or good for your career to smoke.
>>
>>2123265
so the solution is to make a law saying you can smoke weed but you can't be a fucking faggot about it
>>
>>2123270
I think we tried that with the no-smoking-in-public thing, but in apartments you're going to run into it.

I dunno, I think I saw as much weed-induced stupidity before as I do now. It's always been extremely popular in CO.
>>
>>2122794
jej
>>
File: hipster.jpg (384 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
hipster.jpg
384 KB, 1024x1024
>>2123130
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.