[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking of getting a Frug (Frenchie Pug Cross) does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: tumblr_njhf20YGmP1tfs2oyo1_1280.jpg (175 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njhf20YGmP1tfs2oyo1_1280.jpg
175 KB, 640x640
>>
that dog will live a short miserable life. do not do it.
>>
>buying a designer dog
If you want a mutt with a fancy name, go to the animal shelter and make something up for whatever you adopt. Seriously, designer dogs are a ripoff.
>>
>Buying a """""designer dog"""""
>Supporting BYBs
>Buying a pug
>Supporting a breed that is inbred to the near point of cruelty
>Buying a french bulldog
>Buying a combination of the two
You are going to pay hundreds of dollars for a horrifically unhealthy, terribly bred dog that is going to live a shot, miserable, life, and you are worried about shedding?
>>
>French bulldogs are brachycephalic and have orthopedic problems and are bred to be even more unhealthy with each generation
>Pugs are brachycephalic and have orthopedic problems and are bred to be even more unhealthy with each generation
>French bulldog/pug mix

Do people not give a shit about unhealthy, abusive breeding which is why they're willing to pay thousands of dollars for animals like that? It seriously pisses me off when people talk about how cute pugs, bulldogs, Scottish folds, and ultra Persians are, willing to sacrifice an animals health because they think they look cute
>>
>>2122112
Scottish folds and Persians are unhealthy?
>>
File: fmF3V.jpg (34 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
fmF3V.jpg
34 KB, 600x582
>>2122150
Scottish folds all have osteochondrodysplasia, which is what causes their ears to fold over. It causes malformed bones and pain, and that's why you can't breed two Scottish folds together since their kittens will be too crippled

Only ultra Persians are unhealthy, since they suffer from brachycephaly which causes breathing and eating problems. There's nothing wrong with traditional/doll faced Persians

Snoopy is an exotic shorthair and not a Persian, but it's a good example. You can see how squashed the nose is and how the nostrils are basically closed
>>
>>2122158
That poor thing
>>
How the fuck do people find brachycephalic pets cute?
>>
File: bluechinchilla.jpg (39 KB, 643x700) Image search: [Google]
bluechinchilla.jpg
39 KB, 643x700
>>2122366
I have always wondered that. They look as ugly as they are unhealthy. Doll faced Persians are so beautiful, I have no idea why people find flat faced ones cuter
>>
>>2122158
Is it the same for American curls?

>>2122366
I hear "it's so ugly it's cute!"
>>
>>2122366
Because it looks like a beanie baby/stuffed animal, and most people that see them either don't think beyond that point, or get harshly told off by someone who knows the animal is in pain, which then causes their sensative little egos to be hurt and they either become spiteful, or it goes in one ear and out the other. This is why I try to joke with people whenever they bring up wanting a pug or something similar. I try to jokingly say 'you want a little drooling dog that can't breathe or eat right? Man, those things always sound like they're choking! That must be a horrible life!

Why not try to get a pug mix, or one of those ones that have the longer snouts? Now those little guys are cute.'

The other thing is people are just greedy. When they know they can sell 6 cats at $400-600 each, of course they'll breed them.
>>
>>2121896
To answer your question, both breeds are known to shed a ton. So you will get a dog that will shed a ton, or more.
>>
>>2122390
No, there isn't any specific health problems associated with curls. You can breed two of them together and have normal kittens
>>
>>2122158
Munchkins have an issue where if you breed two small munchkins, half the cats end up dead. So what they have to do is breed them to normal moggies, so a smaller fraction end up dead, but then half will be regular sized cats that no one wants.

Who the fuck pays out the ass for a munchkin that isn't small? No one does.
>>
File: 261881409_10d034e81f.jpg (32 KB, 360x287) Image search: [Google]
261881409_10d034e81f.jpg
32 KB, 360x287
>>2122419
>Cat breeders knew the risk of breeding short legged animals from short legged dogs
>Bred them anyways
I loathe breeders. People pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for inbred, unhealthy animals while perfectly good cats and dogs are stuck in shelters for years or euthanized. These animals would have died out if not for the greedy fucks who continue to breed them, not caring if they're healthy or not

This woman has been trying to get her "twisty kats" certified as a breed for years now. They have short deformed front legs that make them look like dinosaurs, and she breeds this goddamn crippled disabled cats because they're "cool" or whatever. Fuck breeders
>>
File: Flip_beg_sm.jpg (80 KB, 159x342) Image search: [Google]
Flip_beg_sm.jpg
80 KB, 159x342
>>2122431
Here's a better pic of one
>>
>>2122431
>>2122437
I'm gonna fucking vomit.

Gone are the days where breeders produced fine hunting/herding dogs that needed to be healthy enough to perform a function. Now it's just batshit crazy old ladies going nuts on shitty genetics
>>
So is OP still getting a frug, or was it a thinly disguised ploy to trigger the autists?
>>
>>2122431
Holy shit, those things still exist!?! I remember "twisty cats" from ten years ago. Her place got raided and the cats were stolen. Apparently not all of them. Christ. I can't believe she's still forcing those abominations into existence.
>>
>>2122431
>>2122437
http://www.karmafarms.com/twisty.htm

>We are certainly NOT calling the Twisties a new breed. We bred the single litter of Twisty kittens on purpose back in 1998 because Flipper was so admired by so many visitors as well as our family. And if we could have assured that all our Twisty kittens looked like Flipper, we would still be working to make them an accepted breed. Flipper is still purr-fectly healthy and happy as she nears 16 years old.

>Why do you think Manx have no tails? What about Munchkins with their short front legs, or the hairless Sphinx? Many accepted exotic breeds have inherent problems. How about Scottish Folds with closed ear channels, flat-faced Persians with eyes that are easily knocked from their sockets and sinus problems, Manx with spina bifida and incomplete rectums? At this point, the only thing problematic about our Twisty Kats is their peculiar locomotion and the fact that they sit up often on their hind legs. Back in 1998, some claimed that they would be candidates for early arthritic problems and would develop sores on their limbs. Since Flip is now 15 and even Ellie is 13, we don't think it can be said that they have inherent health problems that will keep them from having a long, happy life. In fact, they have already done so. And they have certainly added to the joy in ours.
>>
Guys how can you expect me to get these uber energetic hunting dogs when I live in an apartment? That sounds like animal cruelty to me. I do have a courtyard though, and a pug/Frenchie is best suited for the environment and living style p
>>
>>2122540
Have you literally done no fucking research you dumb fucking mongoloid?

There are DOZENS of dog breeds that were bred to be companions and are completely suitable for apartment life. Spaniels, pekingeses, yorkies, Shih tzus, bichon frise. The list could go on.

You know what, here:
http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/groups/companion-dogs

There. The list literally goes on.

And you know what else you could do? Go down to the Humane Society and find a nice mutt around 20 pounds. Healthy, loving, grateful, and perfect for your apartment.
>>
>>2122543

>French bulldog and pug literally on the list.
>calls someone else a mongoloid

As I said I need something that can live in an apartment with a courtyard. Also most of the dogs you listed there are 'Designer Dogs' with their own medical issues.

Seriously being this dense
>>
>>2122499
I literally want her to die, with all other shitty breeders

Meanwhile, Devanon is cool
>>
>>2122549
You are fucking retarded. Do you not know what a fucking designer dog is?

http://www.petassure.com/newsletters/080109newsletter/08012009article3.html

>A "designer" dog (as the media has labeled them) is a cross between two purebred dogs

None of those dogs on that list are designer. Those are all dog breeds. Stop using words you don't fucking understand.

And no fucking shit purebred dogs have health issues. Why do you think I told you to go get a mutt? And you know what else? Every dog on there, including the frenchie and the pug, will have less health issues than that retarded mutant you want to waste your money on.

And you know what else? If you had done your fucking research like an intelligent human being, you'd realize that many, many breeds and dogs can do fine in apartments so long as they are sufficiently exercised.

Don't get a dog. Please, do not. You do not need one. Get a fucking fish or something. You aren't ready.
>>
>>2122558
Fish need at least 10 gallons and require their tank to be a specific pH and temperature. Op couldn't handle a fish
>>
>>2122558
I already went to the shelter and all they have are Kelpies, Bull Arabs and huskies. All of which are not suited for apartment living
>>
>>2122572
Look up other shelters in your area until you find one with a suitable dog and drive there. Not rocket science
>>
>>2122572
Shelters get in new dogs sometimes you know. Sometimes, when a place doesn't currently have what you are looking for, you have to visit again. Especially when that place takes in homeless animals and adopts them out. If you found your dog on the first visit I'd say you were an impulse buyer.

I was fucking 7 years old and I understood this when I got my first dog
>>
>>2122638
I've been on the lookout for the past 18 months. In Victoria Australia there are only farm dogs and fighting dogs being out into shelters
>>
>>2122639
I don't think you are looking often enough because I see greyhounds all the time, along with smaller terrier/chi breeds and pug mixes too
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.