[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to have a snail as a pet and possibly breed them. Any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
I want to have a snail as a pet and possibly breed them. Any good resources/books?

Who could I sell snail eggs to?
>>
Any information on inbreeding as well?
>>
>>2121108
What do you expect to gain from breeding snails?
>>
>>2121520
More snails.
>>
>>2121525

fucking incredible
>>
>>2121108

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHaAdXgJZ4U
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>2121108
Yo, anon. I'm actually a snail owner. I just googled most things.

Really you just need to find them bits of veggies every few days. Remove those bits later.

Get a spray bottle and water them everyday.

I'm not a snail breeder, but that shouldn't be hard. Find a few of the snail species and let them rip.

If you need my information - my snapchat is bribina.

Good luck!

Pic related. This is my Maine snail Emmanuel. I got him last summer out in the field.
>>
>>2121711
What lighting do you use for daytime and nighttime?
>>
>>2121108
>get a couple snails they say
>help keep your tank clean they say
I now have an infinite amount of fucking snails. You don't even have to fucking try to breed these fuckers. They are the 2cat of aquariums.(I have 1 100gallon aquarium, 2 75 gallon aquariums, and a few 30 gallon aquariums including a few odd shaped ones people have donated to me. All freshwatcher, tropical, goldfish, ect)

I swear to god I try my best to clean my other tanks of these fuckers but I don't understand. No matter how hard I try they always pop up.

I currently have a 75 gallon tank of nothing but fucking massive snails. It's amazing the variety their shells grow though. Cleaning their tank sometimes leads to the horrible and terrifying deaths of overly zealous snails. As in, they are clinging on a bit too tight and I kinda accidentally rip their shell off with the siphon,

I have been scraping egg sacks from the lids for years.

DO NOT GET SNAILS FOR YOUR FUCKING AQUARIUMS.
>>
>>2122060
I'm not talking about the little tiny snails either. But the ones the size of golf balls or bigger. The big ones will eat the little guys they just do not fucking care. So pest snails are a non-issue.

I would completely get rid of all the big guys but honestly they are super cool looking. Their shells are always vastly different and really colorful.

When they die the other snails cannibalize the fuck out of em. But they leave the shell which is considerate because I can use it as decoration for other tanks. The corpse don't stay long enough to rot.

but yeah the egg sacks are annoying.
>>
So why did knights hate snails so much?
>>
This could be an 'old wives tale' but I heard of a girl who kept a snail as a pet and she touched it a lot. She got really sick, developed breathing problems and needed to go to hospital.
>>
>>2121765
Lighting of the day. It doesn't really matter. Most snails are nocturnal, so if you want them to move around during the day - keep off the light.
>>
>>2124083
Definitely not an old wives tale. Snails are a vector for many diseases and a host to many parasites. You should wash your hands after handling them.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.