[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's /an/s opinion on dressing dogs up? Where do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 609x731) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 609x731
So what's /an/s opinion on dressing dogs up? Where do you guys draw the line (ie winter coats) or is it just a plain no?
>>
>>2120856
disturbingly anthropocentric.

if you want some noisy little shit monster that you can dress up just have a damn kid. But then I'm not sure we want these people reproducing.
>>
>>2120873
This. Clothes have an usefull application, ie not getting cold. Doggies don't have that problem. Clothing them is dangerously close to fetishization of your animal, especially with "cute little dresses"

For fucks sake
>>
>>2120856
Imagine someone forcing you into a stupid dress like on the pic. I say its animal cruelty.
>>
>>2121129
>ie not getting cold. Doggies don't have that problem
>dogs don't cold during winter

Areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpg
>>
I have a plain non-irritating sweater for my short haired dog during winter. Anything else seems a bit obsessive. Plus theyre damb exspensive. I dont see how some people can afford a whole wardrode for their dogs.
>>
>>2121171
>I dont see how some people can afford a whole wardrode for their dogs.
probably by making more money than you.
>>
Dog coats are no different from horse rugs/blankets. If the animal is not suited to the environment (eg a greyhound in Alaska) it's going to need additional protection. Similarly with a plain jumper/sweater. I draw the line at cutesy decoration clothes and costumes, though.
>>
I find anything more than basic protective wear for the weather to be distasteful, but after seeing all the shit people do to animals at work I don't really care. feeding your animal well and giving them the vet care they need? good, keep that up and a stupid sweater really doesn't matter
>>
File: 1254344838589.jpg (423 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1254344838589.jpg
423 KB, 1600x1200
>>2120856
>editing in lalaloopsy lashes
like it was not uguu enough
>>
I made my dog wear a Halloween costume but that's the extent of me clothing him. I've seen him swim in an icy pond and come out with icicles in his fur and still want to frolic more outside so he def doesn't need any weather protection
>>
it's goofy imo but i don't judge people who do because i know for the most part they love and take good care of their pet which is more that can be said of a lot of people

that being said my dog has winter coats and boots so his paws don't get salty
>>
>>2121133
My dog self identifiea as human you close minded bigot.
>>
What about tacticool vests?
>>
File: 764532.png (112 KB, 289x282) Image search: [Google]
764532.png
112 KB, 289x282
So bad. My mom insists on dressing the family Yorkie in the nastiest shit, especially when people come over and it's embarassing. I allow the basic coat for winter walks and a dumb Christmas sweater (heating system broke one day and dog was a lot happier with her sweater on).
>anon, look at her in her cute little dress, she likes it!
Really hoping I can take the dog when I move out.
>>
>>2121369
my dog is transhuman also
>>
>>2120856
As long as its for warmth then its k by me
>>
>>2120856
It has fur why would you put clothing on it?
>>
>>2121438
Maybe it's a dog that gets cold easily like Chihuahuas.
>>
>>2121423
Post pictures of her.
>>
As long as they have better style than you it's fine
>>
If the dog is obviously distressed its shitty but if its happy or unaware its cool.
>>
File: 2983520200_8bdce88781.jpg (61 KB, 464x419) Image search: [Google]
2983520200_8bdce88781.jpg
61 KB, 464x419
>>2121875
>>
>>2121851
That's /fa/

>>2121876
That's not /fa/
>>
If it's necessary (for cold, to protect paws for working, vests for service dogs, etc.) then it's fine. I also accept fashionable collars/bandannas or related minimal accessories that don't interfere with the dog really.
Any more than that is tacky and looks stupid IMO, even if it doesn't affect the dog at all.
>>
My dog is happier in a dress. It's disturbing but she works as a therapy dog so is used to wearing clothes and being rewarded while wearing them and people love seeing her dressed up on her down time. Our other dog will have no part in it except a jumper when it's really cold so we don't force her. People always ask why she isn't dressed up like the other one.
To some degree I wonder if it works like a thunder jumper and comforts them and also they tend to get positive attention from people? Certainly my girl is happier and more confident in a dress.
>>
I mean as long as the dog isn't upset/stressed/uncomfortable I don't think it matters
If the dog is comfortable and it's not restricting movement why the fuck does it matter
>>
clothes are awesome!

dog shoes are fucking dumb. I don't care if your dog is a "professional hiker"
>>
File: secretive smile wojak.png (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
secretive smile wojak.png
30 KB, 400x400
Sometimes when I bring my pupper in from a walk in the rain or snow I'll be drying her off with a towel and I'll kind of drape it over her so it looks like she's a monk or the pope or something

It's not just me right
>>
If the dog is panting like crazy, maybe it's too hot.
>>
Only functional apparel. I try not to do things to my pets that I would consider degrading if done to me.
>>
>>2123459
Salt in the winter can also hurt their feet and it could probably help prevent ticka from getting in between their toes.

I put a dog vest someone gave me on my dog sometimes in the winter. She doesn't need it but it at least keeps her from getting soaking wet from rolling around in the snow for an hour.
>>
It depends on how the dog reacts. I used to have a dog that didn't have a lot of fur on is chest and abdomen, so he would get cold very easily. When he saw me grab one of his sweaters he would run over wagging his tail and try to stick his head in it. He clearly enjoyed his sweaters.

His sister, on the other hand, isn't a fan. She only gets a sweater if it's so cold she's shaking.
>>
>>2123471
No anon, sometimes I wrap my dog with a towel and make a furrito
Sometimes when i toss a towel into the laundry hamper she will yank it out and try to furrito herself

Shes never succesful but its funny seeing her try
>>
>>2123471
I do this with blankets also. I call them little bubushkas.
>>
>>2123471
I thought everybody did this?

>>2120856
I have a jacket for my kelpie for when it snows in winter here. She's an old timer and feels the cold more now.

My newf doesn't need one.

Saw a tradie with a high vis vest on his heeler recently, made me lol.
>>
I have a really pathetic Staffie that had to go out this morning wearing her coat and booties for her delicate little feeties. We were passing greyhounds and tiny little toy dogs that were quite happily nude, but she started pretending she was asleep when she heard me get her leash and that normally means it's too cold or wet for her liking, so I got the coat.

The boots are less to her liking, but she's been gnawing her feet due to hookworms, so she's going to have to wear them while it clears up.
>>
File: IMAG1420.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1420.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>2123471
>>2123501

insert yakov smirnoff joke
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.