[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My roommate has one of these and it hates the everloving shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Canary-Winged Parakeet.jpg (58 KB, 650x521) Image search: [Google]
Canary-Winged Parakeet.jpg
58 KB, 650x521
My roommate has one of these and it hates the everloving shit out of me. It's cool with him, it's cool with his girlfriend, it's cautious around strangers but it snaps at me anytime I get close. Even if I just put my finger near his cage he starts knocking his open beak into the side of it.

I've never done anything to this bird; in fact, I rarely ever see it since it's in his room most of the time. I just want to make friends with it. how do I do that without losing a fingertip in the process?
>>
Feed it millets
>>
spend time around it without touching it, give it treats, eat food it can have in front of it and offer it some, get it used to you

but also be prepared for it to not like you anyway it sounds like your roommate hasn't really socialized it well
>>
>>2120845
you probably look like the thug that shanked his mother in a dirty alley that cold November morning so many years ago.

He's not going to forgive.
>>
>>2120875

Lol so random. Upvoted
>>
>>2121273
Even ironically this cringes me. Just like banana man pisses me off for some reason
>>
>>2120875
>Implying that dirty jezebel didn't deserve everything she got and then some.
My only regret is that I didn't piss in her mouth.
>>
>>2120845
Birds don't like interaction when they are locked in a cage and have fingers coming from outside, wether your intentions are good or not. Don't try to do anything with him when he's in his cage, that's his personal space and he will feel invaded if you get any close.

Just be natural around him when he's outside, he will get used to your presence and eventually you'll be able to give him food or something.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.