[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I do if my dog bites me when I try to get him to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 634x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 634x750
What should I do if my dog bites me when I try to get him to drop something he's not supposed to eat? Pic not related.
>>
Look up 'resource guarding' on YouTube and watch a few videos till you fimd one that works for you.
>>
>>2120284
Pic actually related
>>
TSSSS TSSSSST
>>
>>2120346
That was useful, thanks, but I don't know if it fully solves my issue.

He tried his best to chomp at me earlier and I only avoided being bit by inches thanks to naturally good reflexes. Should I get a professional dog trainer if he's already at this point?
>>
>>2120427

YES!7
>>
>>2120284
I wish I enjoyed life as much as that cow enjoys that thing
>>
>>2120427
Sounds like you should, yes. Animal control and local shelters can help you find one.

In the mean time, try and keep the dog out of situations where he has an opportunity to do this. Don't give him bones, treats, anything except his food, until you've worked with a trainer and he has shown progress.
>>
>>2120427
You didn't avoid it due to good reflexes. A dog has faster reactions than you do.

If he didn't actually bite you, it was because it was a warning snap. He didn't miss, he was intentionally holding back.

That said, this is still dangerous and can escalate into actual biting. So yeah, look up videos on resource guarding, and talk to a professional trainer.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.