[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Babby mice nest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: images[1].jpg (6 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
6 KB, 240x180
So I found a mouse nest this morning, full of like 6 baby mice, in my sock drawer. Momma mouse bolted as I opened the drawer.

I came home from work with the intention of quickly opening the drawer and trapping them all with a board over the top. When I tried, they were all gone. But as I took the other drawers out to clean them, I found them all again, under the dresser. Mom mouse again, bolted, this time with some of the babies clinging to her. 15min ago she tried to come back for the other two left in the nest, but she got spooked.

If I didnt have a human baby in the house I would leave them be under the dresser. I was trying to catch the one momma mouse all this week with the catch and release traps, but no dice.

Im still trying to capture the momma mouse when/if she comes back for the others, but now she probably left the other mice in a new location. So, some baby mice are probably going to die.

I should probably kill them all, and thats the way Im leaning now, unfortunately. I was trying to capture her, but I didnt know she was gonna squirt out 6 more mice. I cant have an infestation going on her.

Anyway, what do?
>>
Set no kill traps, release them in a nearby field or something
>>
>>2118776
>send them off to infest the next poor asshole and let the cickle continue
>>
>>2118776
Got a no kill trap, it aint done shit yet. And now, im about to have like 6 more mice to catch with them.

Again, I have a baby in the house.Aparently mice carry shitty disease. Baby > Mice.

>>2118778
I was gonna take them a couple miles away in the woods on my 4 wheeler and release them. Or dump them in my uncle's shed since there are already a billion mice there and he dont care.
>>
>>2118774
Holy fuck I'd be less concerned of the mice and more worried about raising a baby in that shit heap. I understand a house cab get mice, but a mouse being comfortable enough to go into labor in your sock draw? Ive lived in some iffy houses before, and they had mice, but never have I heard of mice giving birth in such a commonly used area of the house
>>
>>2118781
why not kill them and feed them to some stray cat or just dump them by one and let nature follow its course?
>>
>>2118784
Dude I have no idea, this fucking mouse is crazy. Ive seen it multiple times, and its barely scared of me until I get up and go after it. Maybe its fucking retarded or something.

>>2118786
Im planning on smashing them to kill them quick, then chucking them in the woods for nature to eat.
>>
>>2118811

You could get on a mouse forum and ask if someone with a pregnant mouse or someone good with raising baby animals will take them on as fosters.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.