[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are shiba inus like ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: shiba-inu_01_lg.jpg (40 KB, 622x352) Image search: [Google]
shiba-inu_01_lg.jpg
40 KB, 622x352
I have heard they are aggressive and strange. That their behaviour is more like a cats
>>
They are barely trainable, stubborn, hyperactive little fucks.

For advanced dog owners only.
>>
>>2118614
they're not like cats. just very stubborn, get bored easily. will ignore your commands if they don't get anything worthwhile from it.
>>
>>2118614
cats
>>
>>2118614
fun fact, I actually saw one this morning, he was really cute... and was bawing like a dumb fuck, it didn't even look like a puppy anymore
>>
>>2118625
Certified dog trainer here, totally agree with this.
I really like Shiba dogs that are owned by serious owners though. By which I mean people who work with their dog every day and never falter. If you want a Shiba follow the "nothing is free" method, make everything a training exercise. Not to dominate them, but to keep them engaged and not bored.
Also best as a single dog, not in a multi dog home.
>>
>>2118663

Also, shibas do best if they have purpose. Give them a job of some kind, something to engage them, and they are great. Best behaved and happiest shiba I have met was owned by a farmer who had the dog help him out with chores all day; carrying small loads, pulling a cart, accompanying him when he rode his horse around the acreage.
>>
>>2118625
>>2118628
>>2118640
>>2118661
>>2118663
How was that one in Japan able to run a store ?
>>
>>2118665
See >>2118664 . Shiba was given a job.
>>
>>2118614
>I have heard they are aggressive and strange.
sometimes yes

>That their behaviour is more like a cats
no they are faithful to the master basically
only they sometimes show stubbornness, because of their wild nature
>>
http://www.ashibaforyou.com/OurShibas_AboutTheShibaInu.html

I think this covers quite a lot. Keep in mind this is a reputable breeder breeding Shiba Inus with Shiba personalities, not some hick randomly breeding a look alike memedog for the sake of making more dogs.
>>
I've always owned both cats and dogs, and I love cats, but any dog breed that is described as 'cat like' is a huge turn off for me(despite my cats are very lovely, cuddly and 'dog-like').

It basically means they are independent, stubborn, bitchy and a pain in the fucking ass who also don't give a shit about you.
>>
>>2118614

Very stubborn and independent
Like to be pet / cuddled on their own terms
Very loyal and affectionate to their owners
Wary of strangers (humans and dogs alike)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.