[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to get a dog, the problem is I live in an apartment (kinda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 1462556282783.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1462556282783.png
444 KB, 800x600
I want to get a dog, the problem is I live in an apartment (kinda big one) and I'll have to physically get dressed, get down the stairs and take the dog out every time he needs to do his business (which I suppose would be ~5 times a day) and that sounds boring and a chore, it's not like I just open the door and he goes to the back yard.
Any alternatives or similar experiences? Am I doomed to never own a dog as a result of my boredom?
>>
>>2118050
?
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 1024x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 1024x462
Just use pee pads. Or go a step further and use one of those fake grass potty things. Pic related
>>
>>2118059
I thought these were for small dogs, no? Will a medium-big dog work with that?
>>
>>2118059
This.

Petafags will hate on you and try to tell you that if you can't take the dog out, you shouldn't have one.

I, for one, believe that having pets is a fundamental human right, which transcends the mere opinions of haters. Just because my dog has to be slightly inconvenienced by not being able to go out all the time, it doesn't mean that I should be robbed of my right to own a pet. That would be a prime example of the characteristic "animal before human" morality that is so common on an.
>>
>>2118072
I believe they come in different sizes so whatever works well for the space your in.

I understand not wanting to have to get dressed every few hours to go downstairs. Especially if it a puppy only just being house broken. You could end up having to take it out every hour if it refuses to go. As long as your willing to take it outside for walks it's not a problem
>>
File: 2167.jpg (39 KB, 330x348) Image search: [Google]
2167.jpg
39 KB, 330x348
>>2118073
>>
I take my dog out 3-4 times a day:

He goes during his morning walkie.
He goes if I come home for lunch.
He goes during his after work walkie
And he goes once before bed.

Honestly, if taking your dog out a few times is too much trouble and sounds too much like a chore, then you are gonna hate owning a dog senpai. I'm not saying this to be a dick, but it's more real talk. Dogs are a lot of work, and if taking one out 4 times a day is too much effort for you, then you cannot handle having one.

Look into getting a cat or some rats, senpai.
>>
Don't buy a large dog to keep holed up in an apartment if it's a chore to walk him a couple times a day. It's not a toy
>>
>>2118049
>owning a dog
>owning a dog is the most autistic thing you can do
>>
It's not just "boring" walks, it's also "tedious" playtime 1 hour every day or the dog will eat your house. Wow, why do you want a dog again?
>>
>>2118484
i think what OP is reffering to as a chore is taking the dog out all the time to pee, not generally walking and playing
>>
File: Snapchat-2251300784049108953.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2251300784049108953.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2392
>>2118085
This.

Also >>2118180 that especially. Dogs do well with a few stimulating daily doses of the outside world.

Also also, OP, getting dressed is not nearly as terrible as you think it will be. You will eventually decide on an acceptable go-to outfit for dog walking aka some sweatpants, slip on shoes, and a t-shirt while you stroll around on a nice day.

Also also also think about rainy, stormy, or snow days. If you can't handle a 15min walk outside, don't get a big dog, get a small/medium and some of that pee turf. If you have a nearby fenced in area that you can get to in 5min or less walking that would be the most ideal. Get ready to spend more time outside or get a cat. Good luck.
>>
>>2118073
>I, for one, believe that having pets is a fundamental human right, which transcends the mere opinions of haters
holy fucking kek
>>
Why not just mentally get dressed?
>>
>>2118073
it's not about animal before humans, if your dog never walks, he'll developp anxiety and have excess unspent energy which he'll probably spend in very negative ways (you ever seen a dog that walks an hour a day eat furniture? no )
pee pads are bad because dogs will take anything that looks like a pad granted, (you like your new carpet? ) and it smells like shit
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.