[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A kitten randomly showed up on my porch last night and both of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
A kitten randomly showed up on my porch last night and both of her eyes are crusted and oozing on and off. She very sweet so I plan on taking care of her but she won't eat. Anyone hear have any remedies for her eyes or appetite her nose is also dripping like she has a cold. Pic related
>>
I plan on taking her to the vet tomorrow since they are all closed on Sunday around here.
>>
>>2118018
I have nothing for the eyes, but maybe get some kitten formula? It may not have been weaned properly and doesn't know cat food.
>>
>>2118028
That was my guess too I'm going to the store today to get some. Hopefully when we go to the vet the eyes won't be too serious.
>>
>>2118028
clean water and nothing else
salt will cause any bugs/fleas to irritate the skin more and soap is not recommended at this point
>>
>>2118054
I would use warm water and soft wash cloth. Gently clean her with emphasis on gently.
>>
A sick cat can starve itself to death by refusing to eat, get it treated asap, you might have to force feed her
>>
Warm wash cloth on the eyes. Don't really rub them, let the water sit on the eyelids to loosen the goo, then dab it off.

It's not unlikely to be a respiratory infection, kittens are prone to them. Vet asap. Formula can be purchased at your local Petsmart, if you have one, or your vet might have it.

Do you have a pic of the kitten? We can try to guess at an age.

Good luck.
>>
File: muhdiiiick.gif (3 MB, 400x369) Image search: [Google]
muhdiiiick.gif
3 MB, 400x369
Pics of kitty after the vet pls

Also, good on you OP. I would buy you a beer if you lived near me
>>
>>2118018

Try different foods, especially wet food
Keep fresh water in a container
Pet her gently if she shows affection, then lead her to food bowl while petting her and make highpitched cooing noises. Kittens associate cuddling with eating
Wash her face with a clean washcloth soaked with lukewarm water. Even if she doesn't like it, while making gentle cooing noises. If she starts really struggling them let her go, don't wnt her traumatized.
Make her a bed in a place with zero draft where she is kinda in a box so she can feel safe

But above all, take it to the vet
>>
eat it
>>
she isnt eating probably because she cant smell anything

give her a bit of pedialyte mixed with chicken broth to kickstart her a bit

just keep wiping her eyes and nose and it'll likely clear up on its own
>>
>>2118018
From what I can see, that eye may be ruined. See what a vet says.
>>
Fashion a tiny kitten-eyepatch and call it Admiral Meowington.
>>
>>2118018
You shouldn't worry about the dripping nose, healthy cats have wet noses
>>
>>2118018
Mexican remedy here used by my mother, grandmother, and even myself with our cats over the years when the vet is closed.
make chamomile tea, wait until water cools to warm, dip washcloth into tea and wash carefully 2-3 times a day. worked perfectly on all my cats and 2/3 of my cats' eyes healed before getting the eyedrops from the vet
>>
>>2120687
Treat cause not symptom. Although oke when vet find nothing
>>
>>2120687
Chamomile and goldenseal are good flowers for this, but you should always checj to make sure they aren't allergic.

Bloodbark is also amazing at healing when fresh, but I would never recommend putting anything in their mouth/food unless it's been proven not to be toxic to the animal.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.