[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are millions of fish here. Each one is a singular conscious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: fish.jpg (148 KB, 964x592) Image search: [Google]
fish.jpg
148 KB, 964x592
There are millions of fish here. Each one is a singular conscious entity. You could just have easily been one of these fish- in fact, you probably have a better chance of being born one of these fish, or an insect in a swarm consisting of millions, than you do of being born a human.

Is it so hard to imagine that each of these fish might be experiencing something, no matter how insignificant it may be?

Please tell me I'm not the only person who thinks of this stuff.

I really wonder what it's like to be a fish like this in a great shoal. I hope there are advanced simulations one day where I can hook my brain up to a machine and become a fish for a little while.
>>
>>2117036
Millions is really stretching it m8. Wanna know what it's like being one of those fish? Living in constant fear of being eaten.
>>
>you could just have easily
If you say so, Descartes. Just keep being yourself and your body, bro.
>>
>you probably have a better chance of being born one of these fish, or an insect in a swarm consisting of millions, than you do of being born a human.
I like this pseudophilosophic ruse so much.
You became (you) years after you born.
>>
>>2117036
when VR headsets start being waterproof, you could just load up some fish sim and go for a swim in a pool or something
>>
>>2117036
Fear, mostly. If you want to make it more relatable, they behave a lot like a velcro dog with extreme separation anxiety.

I'd like to know more about all the data their brain processes from their lateral line, to feel that must be quite the experience.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.