[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So long story short my junkie sister gave away our (really my)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 39
So long story short my junkie sister gave away our (really my) cat to her friend before she tried to run away across the country.

Problem is we never got the cat registered or anything because it's just a small indoor cat.

Would there be any way to legally get it back if my sister's friend keeps refusing to return it, or am I fucked out of my companion for the past 5 years?

Pic related, though old.
>>
>>2116286
Can you steal it back?
>>
>>2116295
idk, it might be possible but a huge pain in the ass, and the bitch is the kind to call the cops on people but then complain if you do the same to her for worse shit
>>
If you havent registered the cat and your sister's friend hasnt registered the cat, then just steal it back. If she calls the cops, its her word against yours. If she has registered the cat, then you dun fukd up and shouldve had the cat in your name. Nothing you can do legally that I can think of
>>
According to the legal advice subreddit, pets are considered property and you would only be able to sue in small claims for the price of one adopted cat EVEN IF you had the paperwork.

They also bitch that it's really difficult if someone steals a pet and there's no paperwork to determine ownership.

Basically, you need to speak clearly with this person about your desire to have the cat back and how it wasn't your sister's right to give it away. If that doesn't work, she wouldn't be able to get the cat back if you walked off with it.
>>
>>2116300
Well my issue in stealing it back is she lives on the other side of the county.

My sister has convinced her friend my dad and I neglect it, despite the fact that she took its flea collar off and doesn't feed it or clean the litter box. But this fucking cunt insists it was my sisters to give away and that it's hers now.

I used to be friends with her brother, with whom she's living, so I might be able to get help from him, but I haven't spoken to him in like a year or two.
>>
>>2116302
How do you play to have the cat returned if it's across the country?
>>
>>2116307
>county
>>
Do you have any vet records for vaccinations or visits? Rabies tags? Unfortunately, the only way I can see you getting your cat back at this point is if you have some type of documentation that proves ownership.
>>
>>2116313
Like I said, best proof I have is timestamped pictures of it at my house.

My sister told me her friend's mom's friend was a vet and was gonna get it fixed, something we never really got around to because of many reasons. For whatever reason at the time I believed her, now she gave the cat away to specifically screw me over before trying to run away, despite me never having done anything to her. Now her friend is saying she plans on getting it fixed and registered under her name.
>>
this is why people should microchip their pets
>>
>>2116316
>letting the government know where you live at all times
>>
>>2116316
I really wanted to get it registered and everything, but neither me nor my dad has had the time to do it, even though we've had our cat 5 years. I know it sounds stupid, but it's just how it is.

Thankfully our dog is micro-chipped, but we've had him for longer. I'm honestly surprised she didn't do something like try to give him away too or something.

Though I can't help but think we might have taken it to the vet at one point around when we got it, but I really can't remember, it might have been the cat we had before.
>>
What city do you live and what city does she live in? I kinda want to help out here
>>
>>2116328
I live in Palm Beach County, FL, js.
>>
>>2116315
Then sadly, you have no claim to the cat. Without any documentation from a vet, shelter, etc, you're not going to be able to get this cat back, especially if this went to court. Pictures might help in terms of sympathy, but most police/courts require written proof. I'm really sorry this happened to you. It's an awful situation, but short of stealing this cat back, I don't think there's much you can do, especially if she's the type to call the cops on you. And if you do attempt to steal your cat back, I'd do it before the animal is fixed and registered.
>>
>>2116333
Well my dad's trying to convince her to give it back right now, if that doesn't work I'll try talking to her brother, and if that doesn't work then idk, I might have to try stealing it back, but idk how I'd do that seeing as how she's living in an apartment on the other side of the county.
>>
>>2116334
Update from my dad: The cunt is telling us to produce proof and bring cops if we want it back.

I swear to fuck if I can't get my cat back from this lardass junkie who is homeless every other year I might just kill her and my sister.
>>
>>2116335
And she lives where?
>>
>>2116338
Same county, apartment complex off Tamarind, not sure exactly where.
>>
>>2116334
>>2116335
That's such an awful situation, and again, I'm really sorry. Try talking to her brother like you planned and search the entire house for any paperwork you can find on the cat. There has to be something from a vet proving your cat got a checkup or vaccinations. You might also want to call the police and see what your options are in this situation. Since most states see animals as property, it's possible that your sister as well as the junkie could be in trouble for stealing if you can provide them some type of proof that the cat is yours.
>>
>>2116343
tried looking, can't find anything from a vet or otherwise. We got it after my grandfather pulled it from his engine block and it seemed healthy and was an indoor cat so we never really bothered getting it to the vet I guess. And after its heats became less frequent we didn't bother getting it fixed either.

My sister is with our grandparents right now, I'm gonna see if I can have my grandmother convince her to have her friend give it back, then I'll talk to the brother and if that fails I'll call the cops.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 640x640
>>2116286
Hope this helps
>>
>>2116286

Just send her texts asking for the cat back, saying it's your cat and use any replies she sends as proof that it's yours.

Secondly, just call the cops and say that your sister stole the cat and gave it away. You don't need proof of ownership (although it would really fucking help). What if she walked in and stole your tv, obviously no one carries fucking records of that.

Whaetever you do, do it quickly. the longer she has the cat, the worse position you're in.
>>
>>2116348
Th-thanks

>>2116349
My dad's been texting her trying to get it back, so there's those texts.

I'm gonna message her brother first thing in the morning, because he's actually cool I'd rather not have him worry about the cops but that I don't have much choice at this point.
>>
>>2116344

No, don't bother trying to convince the friend. Call the cops right fucking down and get a report down that she stole it. An old picture is still proof, the friend has to explain where she got the cat and if her mum is a vet she can't lie about it.

Get off 4chan and fucking go call the cops. Then go rock up at her house with the photo and the cat food in the car and if she calls the cops on you, tell them the story.
>>
>>2116351
I'd do it rn if I had a car of my own and it wasn't 2am.

I'm gonna do it as soon as possible in the morning though.
>>
>>2116350

>texts

There you go, evidence. Now go to her fucking house and get the god damn cat back.
>>
>>2116350
Bring a cop or not and do something where the cat chooses the owner like some sad pet movie.
>>
>>2116359
The cat's a fucking spaz though and would probably just run around the room, though it does that half the time no matter who is there.
>>
>>2116360

Bring a cop. Bring all the evidence you have, bowls, food, photo's, friends that have seen the cat, her texts. Confront the family. If the mum is a vet, she's playing very risky games keeping someone else's cat.
>>
>>2116317
>this meme

>>2116318
>but neither me nor my dad has had the time to do it, even though we've had our cat 5 years
what an utter load of shit, they can even do it at the same time as a spay, which you didn't seem bothered to do

>>2116344
>didn't vaccinate either

this whole situation could be resolved almost instantly if you actually took proper care of your cat. harsh, but it's the truth
>>
>>2116364
>if you actually took proper care of your cat
You seem to equivocate not vaccinating an indoor cat that has never contacted other cats to not vaccinating your child.
>>
>>2116363
>bowls, food
Well we share both between the dog and the cat, after our dog started only eating cat food after we got the cat. Probably not the best for him, but with the table scraps he gets he should be fine.

I have more than a few friends, instagram pictures, as well as my mom.

And I don't think it's the friend's mom that's the vet but the mom's friend or something. Who knows, it could have been a lie completely, since it seems my sister's intention was to slip away and never have me get the cat back.
>>
>>2116394
So why is your sister such a little bitch? What's up with her being a dick to everyone?
>>
>>2116366
The cat can still catch disease from your shoes and clothing. This is why things like ferrets get vaccinated too.
>>
>>2116397
She went on /an/ and told them I have an unspayed, unvaccinated pet that I put dangerous chemicals on and /an/ told her to rescue the poor neglected animal post haste.
>>
>>2116397
No fucking idea. Sure my dad's not the best parent and my mom was kind of a pill head and never there, but I don't see how that drives my sister into being a complete junkie that tries to screw over her family all the time.

Like in my freshman year she had a friend give her a black eye in an attempt to accuse my dad. The catalyst? He didn't let her see Hunger Games with her friends the previous weekend.

And idk what the fuck I did to deserve having my cat be given away to a fucking landwhale that becomes homeless every other year.

>>2116399
>shitposting on /an/
kek
>>
>>2116402
Man your sister is fucked, get your dad to get the police and have him tell the police that the cat was never hers to give away but more of a family cat.
>>
>>2116402
Your sister is a brat and your parents aren't the reason why she's a fucking cunt.

Sorry to hear that she's such a poophole, OP
>>
>>2116366
and in 5 years he evidently never took the cat to the vet, or got her spayed, or microchipped

plus indoor cats should still be vaccinated. OP made it clear that he nor his dad could be bothered to make the time for the cat
>>
>>2116402

Man, OP may be a faggot as per 4chan convention, but even I can't help but sympathize with OP.

Your sister is a cunt, and you should get your cat back.

Have you called Animal Control yet?
>>
>>2116414
This. I hope kitty has a better life now.
>>
File: 1453082289529.jpg (22 KB, 292x292) Image search: [Google]
1453082289529.jpg
22 KB, 292x292
>>2116414
Fuck off, dude. OP's clearly got a lot going on, he's clearly coming from a poorfag background, the degenerate family could barely afford to get him vaccinated, what with his sis kept sticking her arm in the way to get the shot of the needle while dad rambled about autism between sips of the bottle. Give him a break. I, for one, can't wait to hear about his his first fuck with big sis.
>>
This whole situation could have been avoided if you brought the cat to the vet regularly for it's required vaccines. You have nothing though. The court understands cats are a dime a million, and even if your cat was all white with odd eyes and a missing limb, there's still a hundred other cats that look the same so pictures won't help. And pictures won't say that your sister wasn't the one who actually owned the cat either. This is just another reason why regular vaccines are very important, now you know.

If she took the cat to the vet, even for an appointment, nothing you could do, even if you did have proof you owned it, would matter. Animal law will often dictates that whoever takes care of the animal gets it, and if it's apparent that you never brought it to the vet and she did, the judge would be more than happy to rule in her favor.

>>2116302
Flea collars are shit anyway.

>>2116317
Microchips do not work as a GPS
>>
>>2116298
>>2116295
Harder then it sounds, and could result in a nasty situation. Realistically, there's little that can be done in this situation. Have a similar problem, and short of breaking in (which would most definately get you arrested) you can't force your way in to someone's home and the police wouldn't be interested. Even if you have concerns over it being neglected, unless its hoarder level abuse there's little animal protection services will do either.

Sorry to sound negative, but I really would advise against attemting something that could get you in trouble, and having an animal removed from someone over fear of neglect is actually extremely difficult.

>>2116302
>used to be friends with her brother, with whom she's living, so I might be able to get help from him

Sounds like your best bet. At the very least, it can't hurt to try.
>>
>>2116442
>a lot going on
>for five fucking years
that's an incredibly weak excuse. someone can spare one day to drop the pet off at the low cost clinic. if he gave a shit, he would've made time

>poor
if he's so poor he can't afford to care for an animal, maybe he shouldn't have one. people tend to think pets are an inherent right, not something they need to be responsible for

and even then, there's so many programs out there to help low income individuals with care for cat that it's even more ridiculous. especially he's not actually poor and more like "wah I had to wait 6 months to afford the new Xbox" poor

OP's sister is a cunt, but doesn't mean he should be coddled over this. it's not his hugbox
>>
If she is a known junkie and the brother isn't helping you, call the cops and say that she stole your cat with the intention of testing the meth she is making in her lab on it. Bringing up the production or distribution of drugs really lights a fire under cops' asses. Besides, if she is a bad junkie, it might be true
>>
Your options are to steal your pal back or bitch about it like a coward. Your call.
>>
File: 1458936140352.png (387 KB, 599x502) Image search: [Google]
1458936140352.png
387 KB, 599x502
>>2116286
you have two options
1. steal it
2. involve cops
both are equally risky. if you steal it, then as long as you don't leave proof you were in her apartment she can't really do anything. you didn't have it registered, but i'm assuming she hasn't gotten around to it either. if you don't leave trace, she can't really do anything. do you live with your dad still? does your sister? you're gonna wanna get the locks changed so she can't get back in your house to do this shit again.
if you go to the cops, you don't have as strong a case to get the cat back but can get around potential breaking & entering and petty theft charges. if you've never taken it to the vet before though (in 5 years? how?) then it's gonna be hard, because you'll have no record of owning the cat. nobody has any proof of owning the cat, it's gonna be a clusterfuck and i don't know exactly what the cops can do for you.

to me, the best option seems to be to get the brother to steal it back for you.
>>
>>2116632
Well I don't think her brother is gonna see my facebook message, he hasn't posted since like November.

I mean in regards to involving the cops it's not like they expect a stolen TV to be registered and tagged, while I have pictures of the cat from years back, a school project from sophomore year with a picture of it, friends who have seen it here since I got it, and the texts where the bitch is pretty much admitting she's stolen it.

>>2116436
How many times did I say that this bitch is a vagrant every other 6 months to a year? Chances are it's gonna end up on the street soon along with her.
>>
>>2116591
And forever be labeled as a crazy kid the cops shouldn't bother dealing with. OK.
Experimenting meth on a cat is retarded even for meth heads.

>>2116634
Do you know how many people get their stolen TVs back? I would be surprised if it were more than 5 people ever.
>>
>>2116661
>Do you know how many people get their stolen TVs back?
Not many people have the address of where there TV is. Point is you don't need registration to report property stolen.
>>
>>2116661
Have you ever met a meth maker? I've never met one that didn't drug their pets with something or another
>>
>>2116522
You're a fag. Humanity kept pets for centuries without vets.
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 800x455) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 800x455
OP got an update?
>>
>>2116773
/an/ believes you can't own a pet until you first deposit $50,000 with the vet of your choice to cover medical expenses, then hire a full-time security team to watch you and make sure you're taking your pet to the vet if they stub a toe.
>>
>>2116775
Nothing yet, haven't had a chance to get a report filed and my dad's dragging his ass sending me the texts and address.

My grandma is going to try talking to my sister, but I doubt that'll work.
>>
>>2116773
well OP is the fag that can't get his pet back because he didn't do things normal pet owners do

>hurr hurr centuries ago
yeah, we also used to never wash our hands and died of preventable diseases. doesn't mean it's for the best

>>2116776
>that strawman
>>
File: 1367983494502.jpg (34 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
1367983494502.jpg
34 KB, 500x387
>>2116850
>that strawman
jesus christ, anon.
>>
>>2116730
Yes meth and heroin runs rampant in NY and not a single one of them injects their cats and dogs with any of it. They give them alcohol and feed them bad things, but injecting is fucking retarded
>>
>>2116773
the WE WUZ KINGS argument. Nigger detected
>>
>>2116889
the RACISM argument. /pol/nigger detected.
>>
File: image.jpg (772 KB, 1045x3515) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
772 KB, 1045x3515
>>2116782
Jeez. Time is important when working with this stuff. The longer she has your cat the longer she can layout groundwork to keep your cat.

Your dad probably doesn't know how to work a phone. You need to go there help him take screen shots and email them so they're backed up. People never back up their shit and it ruins them in court.

Also record ANY phone calls.

>>2116916
Some racism exists for a reason. I'm always careful around blacks. I won't treat them poorly but I will not trust them.
>>
>>2118445
empire of dust, what a film. i love based chinaman of BTFOing groids.
>>
>>2116522
>>>2116442
>>a lot going on
>>for five fucking years
>that's an incredibly weak excuse. someone can spare one day to drop the pet off at the low cost clinic. if he gave a shit, he would've made time
>>poor
>if he's so poor he can't afford to care for an animal, maybe he shouldn't have one. people tend to think pets are an inherent right, not something they need to be responsible for
>and even then, there's so many programs out there to help low income individuals with care for cat that it's even more ridiculous. especially he's not actually poor and more like "wah I had to wait 6 months to afford the new Xbox" poor
>OP's sister is a cunt, but doesn't mean he should be coddled over this. it's not his hugbox
Just quoting this underrated post. Take care of animals, and if you don't, don't whine if they get taken away from you.
>>
>>2118452
I fucking love this particular photo. I use it with friends when they bitch about blacks.
>>
File: IMG_20160509_175042.jpg (386 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160509_175042.jpg
386 KB, 1080x1920
>>2116286
Mika is fine. IMO your sister had good reason to take her, she came to us infested with fleas and rashes on her neck and ears. I spent money out of pocket for medicine and flea-removal products and now she's healing up great. Maybe if you took care of her I'd give her back, but that isn't the case.
>>
File: KIMG0004.jpg (560 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0004.jpg
560 KB, 1920x1080
>>2119111
Here's some more pics, just in case you think I'm not legit.
>>
File: KIMG0001.jpg (489 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0001.jpg
489 KB, 1080x1920
>>2119112
>>
>>2119112
>>2119113
Christ, look at the patches of hair missing above the eyes. OP didn't take good care of her at all, so maybe she's better off now?
>>
>>2119120
>> OP didn't take good care of her at all, so maybe she's better off now?

His sister was looking after it, right? w/e the cat is with a better owner now.
>>
>>2116286
you cheap ass negro.
>>
>>2119111
>>2119112
>>2119113
Shit just got real.
>>
>>2118460
>>2116522
>what are jokes
>>
Hi guys, it's OP's sisters friend who has Mika (with my brother). OP is (as always) a lying faggot. My best friend gave Mika to me after it was given to her by her and OP's grandparents. OP's family has a dog that is in much worse condition than the cat, who has rash from fleas and missing patches. My brother and I have gotten flea collar, flea power, comb, etc etc for this cat and will be getting it spayed asap. As for legalities, the cat belongs to who is taking care of it. OP and his family couldn't do shit in five years what we did in two weeks. Kitty is doing much better.
>>
>>2119111
>>2119112
>>2119113
I dont know, alot of cats I've seen you can see straight through the fur around the ears if you look at it from that perspective but its hard to tell.
>>
>>2119550
You can tell OP's pic didn't have the patch. She also has flea rash around her head and neck and has more missing patches behind her ears. Source: examining the cat many times
>>
>>2119540
>flea power
kek'd
but seriously, if true then good on you. it sucks when people insist on having a pet when they apparently can't even afford basic fucking vaccinations in 5 years time
>>
>>2119111
>>2119112
>>2119113
>>2119540
I guess this explains why OP couldn't share more than one old picture of the cat. In both taking care of the cat and in attempts to get her back, he has shown a level of unwillingness to act. I can understand him though, it's like pulling teeth for anyone to try to get me to do something. Of course, this is why I don't own any animals personally, since I'm not responsible enough to properly care for them.

Good on you though. I'm glad his negligence is what ultimately prevents him getting 'his' cat back.
>>
Lol. OMG. Thread of the year.

Also, both of you, flea collars kill cats. Get an actual flea treatment from the vet when you take her in to get fixed.

Mika's current owner: You fucking rock. Also, she looks WAY more relaxed and happy in those pics so you're obviously doing something right. Cat no longer looks like an abused 3rd world hobo cat.
>>
>>2119695
We got flea powder and feline hydro cortisone spray for her rashes and itching. She hisses everytime we get near her with a flea comb or flea powder.. We've never owned cats so is there anyway to make her relaxed enough to apply the powder and comb and/or spray?
>>
>>2119879
Cats generally hate being sprayed with anything and this stuff might sting on top of that.

There are pheromone packs you can plug into the wall that calm them. Or you can have one person wrap the cat in a towel then have the other person come with the spray while the cat is safely immobilized
>>
>>2119879
I always did a two-person approach with my cats when I was growing up, my brother would give them treats and pet them, then I would sneak up from behind and quickly apply the flea gel to the back of their necks before they knew what was happening.
>>
Just offer the brother $20 to return your cat while the sister isnt home. Have the brother tell her that she left the door open when she went out and he hasnt seen the cat all day
>>
>>2119902
>saying the plan outloud
>when the sister is watching the thread.
sasuga
>>
>>2119879
Flea powder sucks too.

Spray the hydrocortisone on you hand and then pet the cat.

Another awesome way to kill fleas is light + glue traps. Put glue traps under night lights and when you wake up in the morning you'll have a glue trap full of fleas. The little bastards love light for some reason. That will at least kill the free roaming fleas that aren't on the cat itself. Just put the glue trap/light setup somewhere your cat can't get to it, but keep in on the floor or your wont kill any fleas.
>>
Oh. And vacuum, vacuum, vacuum.
Just make sure to throw the bag away or empty the chamber in your outside garbage can because the little fuckers do survive the vacuuming. Get them out of the house ASAP.
>>
Your vet should give the cat a small pill that nukes most fleas and other invertebrate pathogens on him.

You need to get him microchipped and registered to help establish ownership.

As for getting the cat to warm up to you? Get soft meat treats on the pet aisle and catnip (live is better). Coat your hands in catnip and slowly place them in front of his nose.

He will warm up. Also use a toy on a string to play chasing games with him so he feels comfortable around you
>>
My cat would claw his way up my leg to get lunch meats. Holy shit, lunch meat issues.
>>
Oh wow get fucked OP I understand not having money but not being able to do something for the cat in five years is bullshit. The cat looks much more relaxed and if you really cared for it you should let her go. If you didnt have the time to properly care for it then why need it around? Its not a toy or something for just your comfort it's a life and a big responsibility.
>>
File: 1461274096927.jpg (47 KB, 564x400) Image search: [Google]
1461274096927.jpg
47 KB, 564x400
>>2119540
you still stole his cat you dumb cunt
>>
>>2116302
>I used to be friends with her brother, with whom she's living

You're posting on /an/ and talking to your sister's friend before doing this? Are you fucking serious? This should have been your very first move unless you ended things on bad terms with him.
>>
>>2116335
>The cunt is telling us to produce proof and bring cops if we want it back.

What's the problem? You have pictures. All you need is a cop. This isn't court. All you have to do is convince the cop it is your cat and say it was stolen. They won't mind swinging by her house and spooking her into returning the cat. There is no big legal process, and no cost to you. This is the best case scenario. Also, it will make her piss herself and make her think twice before telling someone to bring the police to her doorstep.
>>
>>2119540
>. As for legalities, the cat belongs to who is taking care of it.

That's not how it works. That is not how it works at all. Otherwise anyone could steal a dog from someone's yard, give it some Purina, and *bam* free dog.

You know nothing. And you sound a lot more suspicious than he does. Regardless, it is his cat, and he does have proof, and you will end up losing the cat or going to jail if you try to hide it. Just give the thing back. The law doesn't care about how well you treat your animals, only extreme negligence and abuse. Which this is not. You have no case. No one wants to hear your crying. God knows no one wants to see it - fat women crying are some of the ugliest scenes to take place.
>>
She gave away your cat, give your sister away to a pimp to feed her drug addiction, seems fair. You might end up with a cockslave begging to suck your dick for a penny.
>>
>>2120515
>>2120508
Hi OP

>>2120511
She took it to the vet for its first appointment in 5 years, she is legally the cat's caregiver now.
>>
>>2116286
You should have take care of your cat you dumb cunt
>>
>>2120511
>>2120515
neither of you know shit about how any of this works
>>
>>2119113
Timestamp?
>>
>>2120553

You don't own an animal just because of a vet appointment. I was watching my mother-in-law's cat. It started getting hair loss on the bottom side of her tail (stress. she was licking it because being in a different home was stressing it out). First vet trip in 11 years. So I could go to court and be all like "She owned it for 11 years, but I took it to the vet, so it's mine now" ... that's how it works, right?

Cats are property with custody laws that mirror owning a coach. Think of a cat like a couch, and the legal process of getting one back that's stolen. Pretty much the same thing except the papers say "Lazboy" instead of "Petco".

Just because you patch a ripped couch, that doesn't make it yours. And if some chick (who is underage) that is proven to be under the affects of mental instability (running away and shit) gives your used couch to her fat tumblr friend with the pink hair (not the other one with purple), and you have pictures of the couch from 5 years ago in your home and the story is corroborated, then you get your couch back.

Same for a cat. No court room needed. Just a local man in uniform. If tumblrina won't comply starts talking about oppression and cis white cops, then it goes to court.
>>
File: tldr.jpg (35 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
tldr.jpg
35 KB, 392x500
>>2120614
tl;dr

Ownership needs to be proven in court, and ownership of an animal in court is typically established by one of two things: registration and vet records.

OP has neither registration nor vet records.

The current caretaker has vet records.

In the eyes of the law the cat is her property.
>>
>I couldn't take proper care of my cat for 5 years, so my sister gave it away
It's only what you deserve, OP. In fact, you should be glad the cat is in a better place where it's being properly taken care of.
>>
Hey OP, take a screenshot of the posts showing your cat with the text of the person who took it.

>>2119111 in particular. You now have proof that the cat was taken from you. Call the sheriff/Take her to court. Do not abide cat theft
>>
>>2116315
You have the cat for fie years without getting it fixed? Have you never had a spare 80$ lying around?
>>
>>2120637
This is how the majority of pet owners are, Anon. /an/ is more like the exception than the rule. It's always "oh I don't have time for a vet visit" "oh spaying/neutering is inhumane" or "I just don't have the money for this right now." 90% of pet owners should not own a pet. I'm glad the cat is being properly taken care of now.
>>
>>2120634
>pictures of a cat on an anonymous image board with no identifying marks, no collar, and no documentation
>proof enough for a cop much less a court
You're retarded.

Pictures have no sway, especially when it comes to animals that so often look so alike, and cops do not give a good god damn.

If OP does not have a registration, does not have vet records, and never got the cat chipped, then he has no legal claim to the cat. Full stop.
>>
>>2120637
Given the slew of TAKE IT TO THE VET threads we get, I don't see how you are so surprised.
>>
>>2120640
>friend complains that the female stray he took in keeps meowling super loudly like she's in pain
>tell her to take her to a vet to get spayed and chipped
It took him three fucking months to make an appointment.

I hate to think what's going to happen to that cat if she gets sick. I need to take my cat in every few weeks for steroids to keep her weight up; if I were to significantly delay an appointment she'd end up with irrevocable kidney/liver damage.
>>
>>2120642
he has pics of the cat in his house and that pic above is of the same cat with a statement about the cat being given to her. Take it to court and see if she's brave enough to lie about the pics and text she posted

I bet she has a blog as well. Just find it and any pictures she has posted. Pretty sure the above pictures are traceable
>>
>>2120645
>he has pics
I've already explained to you that pictures mean precisely dick. Not only do cats look so alike that they are meaningless without extreme distinguishing marks, a picture does not in any way imply legal ownership.

You're a fucking moron.
>>
File: 1460140008656.jpg (131 KB, 525x809) Image search: [Google]
1460140008656.jpg
131 KB, 525x809
>>2120645
>OP sues her in small claims court
>shows pictures of cat and messages on an anonymous image board
>Judge looks at him like he's got an extra chromosome
>defendant presents veterinary records
"Judge rules in favor of the defendant, Plaintiff will pay the defendant's legal fees."

But hang, on, we're not done yet, let's pretend we're in a world where random pictures somehow prove ownership
>"Judge finds in favor of the plaintiff, Defendant must pay the Plaintiff the value of the property in question, which in this case is a 100 dollar adoption fee."
>>
>>2120644
My cousin recently unloaded his pit bull puppy here, because he thought getting a puppy when he doesn't have a place of his own to stay at was a good idea. Puppy started getting sick recently, patches of hair falling out and such. We actually managed to nag him into taking him to the vet, though he said he would take it weeks ago. Turns out poor thing has ringworm, I also doubt this dog will ever get fixed too.
>>
>>2120647
>>2120648

>without extreme distinguishing marks
those eyes are pretty damn striking and they already have text records of her refusing to return the cat

you can pretend that the rest of the world is PETA but cats are still property and OP has proof that his was stolen. Brazenly at that

All OP has to do is balls up and sue this girl to get his cat back
>>
File: comeonnow.jpg (45 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
comeonnow.jpg
45 KB, 600x375
>>2120657
>those eyes are pretty damn striking and they already have text records of her refusing to return the cat
A picture does not imply legal ownership. Text messages do not imply legal ownership. None of the things OP has matter in the slightest.

>cats are still property
Yes, and ownership of that property is established with registration papers and/or veterinary records, not fucking pictures and chat logs

Did you drink bleach as a child?
>>
>>2120659
he has records of her saying that she refuses to return the cat. And pictures. A judge isnt just going to shrug at that

She'll have to lie to deny it all and that will just net the girl into trouble she may not want to get into. OP needs to act and possibly read up on local law
>>
>>2120663
>he has records of her saying that she refuses to return the cat and pictures
Which mean nothing. In the eyes of the law it was never his cat to begin with as he has no registration. He has no receipt, if you will.

>A judge isn't going to shrug at that
You're right, a judge will laugh at the "evidence" and at the dipshit lawyer that allowed it to be presented in court.

>She'll have to lie to deny it all
Literally all she'll have to do is present the veterinary records established when she took the cat in.

Never reproduce.
>>
>>2116329
I live here too. In cityplace. Let's go get your cat back man
>>
>>2120645
PICTURES MEAN NOTHING

I work at a stray intake animal shelter. when someone comes in to reclaim an animal, we need proof they actually own the animal. and guess what? pictures aren't proof. you could have a picture of you holding the cat yourself, and it means jack shit. the only proof that's accepted is vet records, registered microchip/license, adoption papers/buying contract from a breeder, and on very rare occasions if the pet was recently privately rehomed then conformation from the previous owner (who has proof of ownership still) that they did in fact rehome that animal to that individual

>>2120663
those text messages don't mean anything because he has no proof of owning the cat in the first place. and now that she took the cat to the vet and has established care for that animal, she is legally the owner more than OP ever was

in the eyes of the law and even common sense, she owns the cat. get the fuck over it and stop talking about shit you clearly don't know anything about
>>
>Proof that OP was neglecting his cat posted in this very thread
>People still wanting him to get his cat back
What the actual fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>2120692
/pol/, which is basically /stormfront/ and /elf/ at this point, leaks to other boards

they hate women almost as much as they hate minorities
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 431x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 431x600
>>2120692
That wasn't fucking proof. Blurry photos with no time stamp?

That's like me saying that this pic is a photo of me.
>>
>>2120721
proof is in the fact that he couldn't be bothered to take his cat in for basic vaccines for five fucking years

there's a reason vet records are needed as proof if you are going to reclaim an animal
>>
>>2120721
The cat was not spayed, and had never been to a vet in the 5 years he had it. I'm more than willing to believe the person who "stole" his cat than trust a shithead like OP.
>>
File: KIMG0022.jpg (522 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0022.jpg
522 KB, 2560x1440
>>2120721
>>2120590
here's your timestamp. Also, this is the brother.
>>
>>2120625
>>Ownership needs to be proven in court,

You sound like someone who hasn't lived outside of your parents house. This is an issue that a police officer can solve. Let's call it mediation. Not everything goes to court. In fact, most property disputes don't. Generally people will cower when the police get involved and resolve it before it goes that far.

An example, when I was 22'ish, my ex-wife took off and left me and my son alone. Long story. The cable bill was in her name (which included my precious internet access) and she couldn't cancel the account without the gateway. And I wouldn't let her back on my property to get it because she stole fucking half the house when she left. Anything that was valuable and easy to move, she stole it. Like my wristwatch and sunglasses. Who does that? Anyway, she came back with an officer and he talked to both of us and told me to give her her the gateway. I did. .... I didn't HAVE to. But if I didn't, then it would have become an infinitely more complex legal issue. It is smart not to cause shit when you don't need to if a cop shows up at your door.

That gateway could have just as easily had been a cat. Same thing. Cop would show up with OP, look at pictures of cat, compare the cat, and mediate for better or worse. A peaceful resolution can be reached. If it can't be reached, then it gets serious including you being arrested on the spot for stealing the damn thing if you don't comply.
>>
>>2120688
>I work at a stray intake animal shelter. when someone comes in to reclaim an animal, we need proof they actually own the animal. and guess what? pictures aren't proof

God, will you shut up? You're selectively leaving out details. He has pictures of HIS house with HIS cat in HIS house. The background is what makes the pictures relevant. Not the cat. A dozen pictures taken over 5 years all with his dwelling in the background? No one is going to ignore that. Stop pretending to be a lawyer. NO EVIDENCE IS CONCLUSIVE. It can ALL be argued into doubt. That is how court works. It is the lawyers job to prove the evidence is shit. It's the core of the entire judicial system. But that doesn't mean it can't be damn convincing to a judge or jury. "Beyond reasonable doubt" really is a thing. It's not just something they say. There's a reason it's not "Know for certain"
>>
>>2120727
>proof is in the fact that he couldn't be bothered to take his cat in for basic vaccines for five fucking years

This is not illegal. It is not considered neglect or abuse of an animal. At least half of cat owners in this country do not take their cats to the vet for years and years at a time. I'd say over 90% don't do it on a yearly basis. Even if all the details we've heard are true (and I doubt they are), he is STILL within his right and performing his duties as a pet owner responsibly. Learn the damn laws. It takes a hell of a lot of douchiness to be considered negligent or abusive to an animal. Because they're animals. Not humans. That's how the law views them.
>>
>>2121237
>It is not considered neglect or abuse of an animal
actually, if his state has any animal welfare laws that state "proper care"/"proper veterinary care", it is. even in this thread, it's clear he didn't give the cat proper care.

regardless, OP sounds like a lazy sack and isn't going to do anything that requires more effort than bothering the shit out of his ex-friend and his sister.
>>
>>2121236
>God, will you shut up?
Nice rebuttal. Might as well put your hands over your ears and yell "I'M NOT LISTENING LALALALA."
>>
>>2121238
For example, Texas animal cruelty statutes:
>A person commits an offense if the person intentionally or knowingly:
>(2) fails unreasonably to provide necessary food, care, or shelter for an animal in the person's custody;
>"Necessary food, care, or shelter" includes food, care, or shelter provided to the extent required to maintain the animal in a state of good health.

The cat obviously wasn't in good health. I looked up animal cruelty laws in my own state and in some others; some are simpler but they all say different variations of the same thing.

A scenario in Florida:

>OP tries to drag the law into this situation and ends up being fined up to $5,000 and gets a misdemeanor
>They search his home and find the dog he has that the sister said is in worse shape than the cat
>OP (his dad, more likely) spends a mandatory 6 months in jail and is fined a minimum of another $5,000
>>
>>2121234
This. People like to talk about whatever legality they find via google but have an actual sheriff show up on your doorstep and people change their tune REAL quick like.

OP needs to call the local sheriff and teach these PETAfags that you can't steal someone's pet because you think you can take better care of it
>>
>>2121247
>you can't steal someone's pet because you think you can take better care of it
1) it's been established that OP's sister GAVE the cat to the girl
2) it's also been established that the cat was given to OP's sister by their grandparents. the cat wasn't even OP's, it was his sister's.
>>
>>2121236
>God, will you shut up?
nice way of showing you're an idiot

>He has pictures of HIS house with HIS cat in HIS house
doesn't make it proof. had a lady come in trying to reclaim a dog with just pictures of her and the dog in her house as proof. guess what? told her nope and to come back with vet records or other appropriate documents if she wanted the dog

>The background is what makes the pictures relevant.
no, it's not

>Stop pretending to be a lawyer
I'm not, but you sure as fuck are. I'm just saying that I have a lot of work experience in these types of situations, and you sound like you're just going off of assumptions on what you've seen on crime drama tv shows

>>2121237
I think you would want to look into the animal neglect laws in OP's county before saying things are and aren't legally considered neglect, or at least that's what someone with eight functioning brain cells would do. he did neglect the cat, question is if it would fall under what is deemed in his area as neglect which a citation could be issued for

>>2121247
>>2121234
>implying a cop would actually show up if you called about this
>implying they wouldn't just redirect you to animal control
>implying animal control wouldn't tell you to fuck off unless you have proof of ownership
it sounds like you two are the ones in a fantasy land
>>
>>2121236
>>2121234
>muh pictures
Are you just going to post the same retarded spiel every day to keep the thread going? No cop is going to give a half of a shit about whose cat it "really" is. Join the real world.

>>2121237
>learn the damn laws
says the dipshit who thinks OP has any legal claim on the cat

>>2121250
That's all irrelevant, because
-The only legal proof of ownership for the cat is the veterinary records in the hands of the new owner
-If by some retard miracle he goes to court and wins the prize isn't the cat; it's the cost of adopting the cat

There is no scenario, win or lose, where OP gets the cat back. That's now how property law works, that's now how small claims court works, and no, the police won't take your cat back.
>>
>>2121257
>>implying a cop would actually show up if you called about this

that's for the sheriff to decide, not you. OP needs to act. The only reason OP wouldnt deserve his cat is if he takes no firm action
>>
File: whatarebirdswejustdontknow.gif (1002 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
whatarebirdswejustdontknow.gif
1002 KB, 250x251
>>2121288
Let's ignore for a moment that the world doesn't revolve around your fantasies of justice, that he has no legal claim on the cat, and that police do not deal with animals and will tell him to contact animal control.

>OP needs to act
OP didn't take "his" cat to the vet for five fucking years and his first reaction to it being gone wasn't to contact his friend who had it but to post on 4chan. It's been days.

What the fuck makes you think he's going to act now?
>>
>>2121294
>OP didn't take "his" cat to the vet for five fucking years
that's irrelevant considering the cat is fine and the only 'proof' that it wasnt is the thief's claim

>>2121294
>and his first reaction to it being gone wasn't to contact his friend who had it but to post on 4chan

it wasnt his first reaction. According to the OP, the thief had already refused to return the cat when asked

there's nothing stopping the OP from acting and may have already as far as we know. If this cat has been his companion for 5+ years then he'll do something. Not just let a pet-elitist take it away from him because the cat's care doesnt meet their standards
>>
>>2120842
>>2120634
>>
>>2121297
>the cat is fine
now that it's being properly taken care of
>the only 'proof' that it wasnt is the thief's claim
wrong: now there's be proof in the vet records that she brought in a flea-infested, unvaccinated cat with rashes on its neck and ears.

>thief
it's already been established that the previous owner, OP's sister, gave the cat away. she can do that. it was her cat. not OP's.
>>
>>2121297
>it wasnt his first reaction. According to the OP, the thief had already refused to return the cat when asked
Two different people. You didn't even read the fucking thread
>>
>>2121288
you literally cannot comprehend how this works. stop pretending you know anything about how local law enforcement handles animal related issues

local police and even sheriffs don't deal with this shit. if they get a call about it, they will either redirect the person to animal control or relay the info themselves and have their local animal welfare supervisor decide if it's even worth their time. and if it is, send out an ACO to deal with it. the police have no reason to be there unless there's more going on like a fucking fist fight or the person is actively beating a puppy in front of a Walmart and an arrest needs to be made

you're a fucking moron, you don't have any idea what you're talking about. stop acting like you do

>>2121297
and if you'd read the thread you'd know that the cat was more of a family cat, not even OPs. that gives him even less of a right to throw a bitchfit about it
>>
I just want to"
1. Read more bitchy/whiny BS from the OP
2. Read more about the awesome adventures of rescue kitty Mika living the good life now that she's free
3. See more awesome cat pictures
>>
There are several very stupid people in this thread, being incredibly angry and vocal about how little they know.

If only you guys knew how stupid you sounded. Give a transcript of this thread to any group of law students, LEOs, or vet office workers and they will be shitting themselves in laughter for hours.

Realistically speaking, the cat is gone unless someone plans on paying 5000x what it's worth to get it back. Let it go.
>>
>>2121237
Rabies vaccines are mandatory in Florida, so yes, it is.
>>
File: KIMG0609.jpg (776 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0609.jpg
776 KB, 2560x1440
>>2121563
Sister here, I got you mang.
>>
File: KIMG0610.jpg (686 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0610.jpg
686 KB, 2560x1440
More pictures of Mika incoming
>>
File: KIMG0612.jpg (577 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0612.jpg
577 KB, 2560x1440
>>
File: KIMG0618.jpg (422 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0618.jpg
422 KB, 2560x1440
>>
File: KIMG0619.jpg (403 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0619.jpg
403 KB, 2560x1440
>>
File: KIMG0621.jpg (463 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0621.jpg
463 KB, 1440x2560
>>
File: KIMG0604.jpg (882 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0604.jpg
882 KB, 1440x2560
>>
Cute cat.
>>
File: KIMG0607.jpg (262 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0607.jpg
262 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: KIMG0620.jpg (369 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0620.jpg
369 KB, 2560x1440
>>
File: KIMG0622.jpg (416 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0622.jpg
416 KB, 1440x2560
>>
Have you considered getting a better camera? It's hard to tell how her fur looks with this blurry quality except in >>2124866 and >>2124868
>>
File: KIMG0623.jpg (287 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0623.jpg
287 KB, 2560x1440
She likes to cuddle while I attempt to do homework
>>
File: KIMG0624.jpg (284 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0624.jpg
284 KB, 2560x1440
>>2124879
It's just my phone camera and her fur is doing much better. She does still have some scabs though
>>
File: KIMG0627.jpg (338 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0627.jpg
338 KB, 2560x1440
Sorry about the shit quality
>>
File: KIMG0630.jpg (367 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0630.jpg
367 KB, 1440x2560
>>
>>2124883
That's good then. My sister's dog had a problem with fleas last year, once she got some flea meds and a bath her skin improved pretty fast. Current puppy is still struggling with his skin problems, though, he had his when my cousin bought him, then said cousin put off taking him to the vet until it got pretty bad. People who can just ignore their pet who is obviously suffering don't deserve to have pets. How can you treat a living being who is dependant on you for it's entire existence like shit?
>>
File: KIMG0642.jpg (621 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0642.jpg
621 KB, 1440x2560
She looks annoyed here
>>
File: KIMG0644.jpg (382 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0644.jpg
382 KB, 1440x2560
>>2124888
Probably because they don't value animals because they feel they aren't as important. Or maybe because of the language barrier it's easier for them to ignore the animals because they can't outright tell their owners what is wrong and how much pain they (may) be in
>>
File: KIMG0649.jpg (618 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0649.jpg
618 KB, 1440x2560
Comfy kitty on the couch
>>
>>2124893
We can most certainly read their body language, and a flea infestation isn't exactly subtle. My puppy had open sores on his head before we could convince my cousin something was wrong with his dog. I'm calling it my puppy because I've spent more time playing with and feeding and house breaking his dog than he has.
>>
File: KIMG0660.jpg (397 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0660.jpg
397 KB, 2560x1440
The last of these were from this morning. She likes to sleep in between my legs so this is where I find her every morning. Then I call her and she slinks up the bed to get her scratches
>>
File: KIMG0661.jpg (554 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0661.jpg
554 KB, 2560x1440
>>2124896
Some people want the pleasure of having a pet without the responsibility of its dependency
>>
File: KIMG0662.jpg (495 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0662.jpg
495 KB, 2560x1440
>>
File: KIMG0665.jpg (435 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0665.jpg
435 KB, 2560x1440
She really hates the flea powder (I tried to dust her brush with the stuff and brush her but she gets a whiff of it and runs) so I have the collar still on her. Spraying the hydrocortisone on my fingers and rubbing her scabs worked well though so thanks whoever mentioned it.
>>
>>2124908
My sister's dog gets her flea meds once a month in this little tubes where you just put a stripe down her back and it's done. The puppy also has a chewable tablet that the vet gave him, I'd look into either of those instead of the flea powder.
>>
>>2116286
No, in most legal systems there is a thing called "acquisition in good faith". Too bad you will never get your cat back.
>>
File: KIMG0666.jpg (570 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0666.jpg
570 KB, 2560x1440
>>2124910
She's very finicky about food so I'm not sure about any oral medication but if she doesn't improve in the next week I'll see if my brother will spring for Frontline
>>
>>2124913
Sister's dog gets knockoff Frontline from the Dollar Tree. It's just as good, basically the same shit, but without the big brand name to inflate the price.
>>
>>2124913
Frontline is shit. Try Avantage.
>>
>>2124917
I'll check out the Family Dollar down the street this weekend
>>
>>2124908
I had a puppy with mange. She HATED her meds. That was the only way I could get it on her. She still didn't like it but she would tolerate it if it got petted on instead of trying to run away and hide.

Also, rescue cat is very rescue. She looks so chill and relaxed.
>>
>>2124908
>cat on bed/couch/upholstery

you ARE taking other measures to keep your house free of fleas, right anon? because medication alone won't do anything if the fleas can just hop off her onto literally everything else and be safe.

I adopted a puppy with fleas. vacuuming every day was the most important part of my routine. then washing any/everything that would fit in my washer with hot, hot water. then bathing him.

I didn't use flea medication on him at all and got rid of the fleas in two weeks. look up brushing borax into the carpet if you don't feel safe flea-bombing your house.
>>
>>2125353
We have a few industrial sprays we've used while we're out of the house but it was before we got her..
>>
>>2125535
Well, you don't want to use those now. Start the process of boraxing your carpets and bacuuming. Mop your floors too. Get under furniture; fleas that aren't already on a pet will hang out in dark places where the vacuum rarely passes.

Wash all your towels, sheets, slip covers, etc in HOT water.

When you bath your cat, don't bother trying to submerge her. Fleas can't drown in anything less than 48 hours so it's pointless. Instead, get her wet, rub in dawn dish soap from the neck down (so fleas can't escape to the safety of her dry ears and face) so she's totally covered in it, and let her sit in the empty sink/tub for about five minutes. The full coating of soap will suffocate fleas. When you dry her, don't use a hairdryer, it'll just blow an errant fleas all over your house. Towel dry, wash the towel in hot water, go over her with a flea comb. Places they hang out the most: in the crook behind the ears, in the crook of her armpits and leg-pits, and on her groin and ass. Actually LOOK for them, don't just run over her with the comb and hope for the best. Drown the fleas you catch in a bowl of dawn dish soap and water: the dish soap will keep them from being able to float on the surface and stay alive.
>>
>>2125541
At night, keep the cat in a crate or confined to one room so fewer fleas are spread around to lengthen the timeframe of your war on the fleas. Place out bowls of soapy water like mentioned above, but with little candles in the center. The fleas will be attracted to the bright light and will drown.

Vacuum every single day, sometimes twice a day if you have the time. Throw the dust bags away immediately as the vacuuming itself won't kill fleas. Sometimes eggs will hatch in the vacuum and you'll have them all over again weeks later. That's why you have to throw that shit away immediately.

If you have plants in the house, get rid of them. Fleas will have started living among them.

A flea has to be submerged for 48hours before it will drown. They lay their eggs on the pet, but the eggs won't stick and will fall into the carpet. When they hath, they'll retreat into a dark warm space until they can spin a cocoon and mature. These cocoons are indestructible by normal means and HAVE to be vacuumed up. Borax will kill adult fleas by making scratches in their exoskeleton and making them dry out. At any time, you'll have three or fou generations of fleas: eggs, larvae, cocoons, and adults. This is why it'll take so long to get rid of them: the methods for killing adults won't kill cocoons or eggs. You have to be vigilant.

Like I said: I got rid of fleas in two weeks this way. No medications or pesticides. I did have to let go of some beautiful forget-me-nots I'd slaved over, but it was worth not having an infested house.

Obviously some people use them with no problems, but I feel the risks of flea medications are too great for me to use on my dog (then just a sick little puppy). Which is why I know so much about getting rid of them without the meds.
>>
>>2125545
Forgot to mention: keep your house cool, like at 68F or lower. Flea eggs will take a much longer time to hatch at cooler temperatures and sometimes won't hatch at all, giving you more time to vacuum them all up and get rid of them. A dehumidifier is also really good to have if you can find one. I live in a naturally very dry place, so I didn't need one.

Also, don't think you can put the cat somewhere else and starve the fleas. Adult fleas can survive without eating for a long-ass time. They're really fucking resilient.
>>
>>2116286
She's probably long since killed your cat, op. If you want it back then I'd starting going through her trash.
>>
>>2116286
Sounds like your sister is the real animal here tßh
>>
>>2126002
>>2125947
You guys should both read the thread before commenting.
>>
>>2124913
how did you find out about the thread?
>>
>>2126016
Pretty sure the brother goes on 4chan. The new cat owners' brother, not the old negligent brother.
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.