[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this normal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 4.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
Hey guys, I have no pets but I always loved dogs.
When I go out to run, I usually spend a few seconds letting dogs lick my hand. They usually let me massage them too. Today I was touching a dog (pic related, the one of the white fringe), and he performed the order "shake hands".

Is this normal for a stranger?
>>
>>2115399
.... When in France, a dog didn't respond to my calls or platitudes then in realised I was in France. It liked being spoken to in French ya see, ou a la bon chien, etc. He went nuts.... Completely unrelated story
>>
>>2115399
.... Anyhow yep this is normal as long as the dog has been trained to be friendly and to not be threatened if you invade it's space. I know of a man who would beat up his dog with a golly wog doll to make it attack black people. Obviously he was a racist, and not my friend.
>>
>>2115399

Its natural for dogs to paw at people especially through a gap in the fence its not really shaking hands.

My dog however would sit staring through you 2 metres away from the fence carefully calculating the threat. Your warning would be low growling and a bark that sounds like muffled coughing. If he is barking loudly he is simply telling me there is someone here and they are no threat.
>>
>>2115435
OP here. Actually I put my hand palm upwards, and he reacted sitting and putting his paw over my palm.
>>
>>2115455
Sounds like he is trained to be a Good boy! Hand shake is a trained thing, they probably had treats/affection given to him when he raised his leg for shakes when they where a pup, thus does not see you as a threat
>>
File: 1.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
Another pic. They are pretty cute.
>>
>>2115403
That's hilarious.
>>
>>2115505
Aye, was 13 at the time, learning curve etc.
>>
>>2115399
When I bought my dog, I was there in the owner's yard with the mom and the puppies, then I asked the mom to shake hands and she obeyed.
>>
>>2115399
>>2115455
>>2115463

Mate that dog is obviously choosing you. Clearly theyre being horribly sexually abused and forced to perform intimate acts. The handshake is a dogs equivalent of "please steal me tonight i dont want to be sodomised again".

You know what to do OP, wear a balaclava though.
>>
>>2115421
My dads friend had some of the friendliest pitbulls. They only wanted lob and to be petted. I went over once and one snuck over to me watching his back to get some pets. His dad picked it up and slammed it on his back and it pissed everywhere so he kicked it. Still that dog is friendly and not mean. His wife found out and went ape shit on him. He was trying to make it vicious because he lived in the ghetto.
>>
>>2116133
Love not lob
>>
File: a.jpg (2 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
2 MB, 1536x2048
Today happened again, guys :)
>>
>>2117553
Next time bring the oven mitts and peanut butter.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.