[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /an/ i have the extra money laying around and would like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 20160503_230054.png (4 MB, 1439x1603) Image search: [Google]
20160503_230054.png
4 MB, 1439x1603
Hey /an/ i have the extra money laying around and would like to get a snek. Im looking to spend anything up to 200-300. i have owned snakes and other reptiles before so just about any snek will do besides the venemous or insanely big ones. I was looking at brazilian rainbow boas. What kind of snek would /an/ choose?
>>
Also what are the most preferred sites in which you order reptiles from?
>>
Where do you live?
I've gotten a few snakes through kingsnake.com classifieds...You can google most sellers there and find out if they're good people pretty easily.

I would make sure you have a good set up first, which honestly would probably be a good chunk of your budget.
Here is a link to the rainbow boa area on kingsnake.
http://market.kingsnake.com/index.php?cat=62

I would personally suggest avoiding the big reptile sells, like big apple, and especially backwater. Try to find a breeder.

So for enclosures, I know a few of the snake people here, myself included have bought stuff from animal plastics. Mainly because they're cheap and of decent quality.
http://www.apcages.com/home/

I will warn you, if you order something custom it can take months, my first order I got within a month, my second order was around 4 months. (the specific carpet python cage they sell).
They ship them disassembled, but if you have a drill driver, they're pretty painless to put together.
I hope that helps.
>>
>>2114875
I wanted to get myself a pet ball python, but I was wondering if a simple set up is fine when it comes to the enclosure? Most of what I seen are these super complex cages with tons of stuff in it. But most of the "care guides" I've read from local pet stores say simple is ideal.
>>
>>2114904
Michigan, and thanks ill check it out. Also that was my budget for the snek, i have tanks and money for nessesities. Decking the dank out is hald the fun haha
>>
>>2114929

Simple set up works just fine. Two or three hides, sturdy water bowl, maybe a thick branch for light climbing.
>>
>>2114946
Don't you need a heatlamp or something?

Not OP but I've been wanting to get a kingsnake and I'm confused as to whether I need one or not. I live in Cali and they're native to here so I'm wondering if I'd even need one, some say yes, others say no...
>>
>>2114960

You will need an under tank heater, yes. Lamp is not necessary if room temp is low/mid 70's. Consult care sheets for appropriate temperature range for desired species.
>>
>>2114960
I'm pretty sure that you won't have the same temperature inside your house that outside and that you won't let the animal bask under the sun as much as he wants everyday, so you'll need some sort of heat.
>>
>>2114995
Summer is approaching I'll be using a/c set to 63-65
>>
Milk snake
>>
Man i wish i had some extra money to spend on stupid shit like sneks
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.