[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rhino general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>
cmon guys no rhino lovers here?
>>
I've never seen a rhino, I don't think I can very well contribute to the thread
>>
I went on a behind the scenes tour with a zoo once - I'm convinced that rhinos are just big happy dogs.

The zookeeper and I were standing on one side of a gate when she called out the rhino's name super loudly (the rhino was probably like 40 feet away) and slapped her keychain against the gate to grab his attention. Immediately, the sweet thing just stopped eating, waddled over to where we were, and leaned against the gate so he could be pet.

We didn't have any food on us or anything, rhinos apparently LOVE tactile touch and tactile enrichment - they really like the affection and can feel you petting them even though their skin is really thick and crusty. He just stood there for a good 10 min, letting us pet and pat him over like a good boy. When he was done with us, he just waddled away.
>>
the only rhino I like is the one in Donkey Kong, they just seem... too dull to me
>>
I only know two things about rhinos;

It's very hot inside one.
And, stay away from their eggs.
>>
>>2114611

There's a campaign to bring like 80 of them over to Aus to hopefully save them.

Not sure if its all talk, but probably the best place for them.
>>
>>2114785
Yes, Australia needs more dangerous animals.

Bring over rhinos and hippos.
>>
>>2114790
Hippos would be a terrible idea, but rhinos aren't all that dangerous.

I mean obviously they COULD be, but they don't really fuck up people unless you're obviously asking for it.
>>
>>2114801
Rhinos fuck each other up. They don't fuck people up unless you're literally asking for it.
>>
Good thing someone created a general to capture all the constant rhino related discussion going on around here
>>
>>2114790
helpless animals are violent.
Look at any chihuahua. Bites anything it can.
Seldom will you find a great dane who is an asshole like a chihuahua, a big dog doesn't feel terrified and doesn't need to lash out at everything.

Hippos are helpless on land, hence they're violent bastards like chihuahuas even though they're so large.

Rhinos aren't helpless anywhere, so they're chill.
>>
File: hyena-couple.jpg (30 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
hyena-couple.jpg
30 KB, 640x360
The lack of hyena discussion here makes me salty
>>
>>2114824
Hippos aren't helpless on land. Hippos are just aggressive animals to begin with. Hippos will fuck you up in the water just as quickly too, if not even moreso.
>>
File: 1442944923851.png (505 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1442944923851.png
505 KB, 500x500
>>2114813
>lying on the internet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HEUcCj5cLU
>>
>>2114785
That sounds like an amazing idea
>>
File: 1462224777176.png (285 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1462224777176.png
285 KB, 720x720
>>2114785
Cane toads didn't go horribly enough for you cunts?
Need to fuck up the ecosystem just a bit more?
And you guys put down American dogs for not going through quarantine, and you want and you want an animal that's evolved in Africa to go fucking about in the wild?
>>
now what could possibly go wrong
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.