[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This dog, I'm just fed up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 20160426_152207.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160426_152207.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
So my family got this 7 week old Chihuahua, it's cute and tiny. The problem is that she won't eat her kibble. She shows interest in it but just spits it out after licking it. I assumed maybe she had trouble chewing so I wet it to make it softer but same thing happens. At the moment my family has been feeding her this puppy moose but irt causes her to have these liquidy shits like every hour and its getting annoying. She also won't drink any water at all. I have to force her to drink by using a needless syringe. How do I fix this issue? I don't want to just give up on her but at the moment she's getting very tiresome. Iy rather keep the moose as a treat rather than have it be her entire diet, that can't be healthy in the slightest. You guys have any advice?
>>
>>2114520

Just chill out firstly. I have beenin your situation and I was worried silly.

What worked for us was just given the dog 10 minutes with the food dish, if you havent touched it, its gone.

This took 3 feedings to correct.

Also keep some honey on hand to rub into your dogs gums if it becomes ultra lethargic then take it straight to a vet but a dog generally will not starve itself.
>>
take her to the vet that's abnormal
>>
Little dogs should be 10 weeks old before you take them from their mother.

Take the dog back

problem solved.
>>
>>2114547
Yeah why do you have her so young op? No wonder she can't eat properly.
>>
>>2114602
My mom really wanted it and the owners were about to send her to the pound since they didn't want anymore dogs.
>>
>>2114532
Ill try this and see what happens

The pup is pretty energetic for the most part

>>2114535
Already did, he just told me to keep a close eye on her condition and to find a food brand she likes

>>2114547
Can't really do that but I would have preferred to take in the pup after a little over 2 months
>>
A high-quality canned diet is much healthier than any kibble. Look into Weruva, Wild Calling, or Koha. All are fantastically healthy foods for both growing puppies and adults.

Raw is an even healthier option, and a lot more doable for you, than most, because of your dog's size.

Putting the puppy on a healthier diet will help regulate his bowel movements, although it's normal for puppies go through stages of soft stool every now and then. Just be careful not to over feed, over feeding is the number one cause of soft stool in dogs, have you ever show you how to monitor your dog's body condition so you know when to increase and decrease food as needed. Unfortunately the feeding instructions on labels can be far from accurate.
>>
>>2114606

backyard breeder alert
>>
>>2114520
chihuahuas are the shittiest dogs ever. just throw it away op its not worth the hassle
>>
>>2114547
that's kind of a grey area.

>>2115495
wisdom
>>
>>2114520
don't force the food. like others have said, feed her at certain times during the day and take it away after 10 minutes. eventually she'll get hungry enough to eat on her own. if she doesn't then there's something wrong with her and you should go see a vet.

you can also try changing the brand of food. maybe whatever you're feeding her she doesn't find tasty. you can also boil some chicken breasts and feed it to her in little pieces
>>
You probably shouldn't have gotten a dog if you're already getting annoyed at liquid shits. Even trained dogs get diarrhea and gastrointestinal distress fairly often, like a human, having a dog is having a bag of liquidy shits.
>>
File: 20160506_132058.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160506_132058.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Little update, she seems to be making progress. Not shitting as often and has moved on to more solid food. Still can't get her to drink water though. She's not sick, she just won't drink it. If I stop giving her water with a syringe she'll dehydrate.

>>2115495
Idk, she kinda grew one. I would prefer a bigger breed though.

>>2115743
Wasn't my idea, my mom wanted a guard dog (for the barking hence the chihuahua)
>>
>Chihuahua
That's your problem right there.
>>
>>2114520
Feed it real food and not kibble. Raw meat is all we feed our working dogs and theyre healthy and sound as it gets.
>>
File: image.jpg (264 KB, 819x910) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264 KB, 819x910
>>2116641
Try getting her to play with some ice cubes. That might warm her up to water and get her to put two and two together.

You could have the ice bobbing around on the water and it might make her excited.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.