[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are border terriers like as pets?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: Border terrier.jpg (14 KB, 236x289) Image search: [Google]
Border terrier.jpg
14 KB, 236x289
I'm going to get dog and my main contender is a border terrier. Any anons with experience with them with some knowledge to impart? Good choice or no?
Context live in the highlands of Scotland so it's a pretty weather appropriate breed I think.
>>
I know some people who have them. My thoughts are based purely on those specific dogs.

They go absolutely batshit when they see people coming up the walk to the house. Once you're inside and they check you out they are very friendly and happy dogs. They love playing and bring toys over all the time.

Seems like you are really interested in their functional coat. Imo it's their worst feature by far. It's coarse and wiry, almost sticky to the touch. It's a shame because the dogs are friendly but I try to avoid touching them. Sitting on the couch with them is like snuggling a wet dog scented trash can lid.

>inb4 the owners don't groom right

The owners groom them frequently, but almost any outdoor exposure in our humid area turns them into stink factories.

I guess you could groom frequently enough to mitigate this, but with the coarse hair they will never feel soft or inviting to the touch. It's certainly up to your personal preference but not my cup of tea breedwise.
>>
If only there were some MAGICAL website that you could enter questions and topics into and it'd give you dozens of existing articles. If only there were dozens of dog websites dedicated to describing different breeds. And we can only PRAY that breed-specific websites with information on the dog you want will exist in the distant future.
It's just a fantasy though; there's no way any of those things exist.
>>
It is a good dog. I think you should get it.
>>
>>2114509
but i like muh 4chan
>>
File: 469.png (192 KB, 384x568) Image search: [Google]
469.png
192 KB, 384x568
>>2114465
This guy is right

And you should get one, they are loyal and happy dogs.

My border terrier did save me from a dog attack (it was a german shepherd ). He had to get 20 stitches on his neck and leg to fix him up. He did fight it off and became my hero. My dog never became violent or scared after that attack and was calm and nice as usual.

If you decide to get a border terrier get it a big fluffy bed, they love it.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.