[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/an/ how do i convince my friend that pandas are just FUCKING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (103 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
103 KB, 1280x720
/an/ how do i convince my friend that pandas are just FUCKING USELESS WASTES OF SPACE who never breed and should have died out years ago if not for human intervention?
>>
Like you?
>>
File: 1458899172764.jpg (168 KB, 1033x679) Image search: [Google]
1458899172764.jpg
168 KB, 1033x679
>>2114304
D E S T R O Y E D
E
S
T
R
O
E
D
>>
>>2114279
You fucking retard, why do you think they're endangered? Logging wiped out most of their habitat. They were well adapted to a very stable ecosystem that existed for millions of years until humans came in and bulldozed it all down. Just because they don't do well in captivity doesn't mean they are "worthless". Go apologize to your friend and admit your stupidity.
>>
they adapted to bamboo forests. pretty much all the bamboo in one part of the forest consist of the same plant. When this plant blooms (every ~20 jears) it dies afterwards, which means the whole part of the forest dies at once.

Before humans expanded their settlements, the Pandas just wandered off to the next bamboo forest. Now, because the forests are often seperated by settlements or even cities, the pandas are forced to stay in these "smaller" forests.
Now, if these forests bloom, the pandas are often anable to change to another forest and therefore starve to death.

this is just one reason they are relatively rare nowadays.

Also, many species don't do well in captivity
as >>2114372
said, this doesn't mean they are worthless.
>>
File: Angry.png (91 KB, 550x281) Image search: [Google]
Angry.png
91 KB, 550x281
>>2114279
>>
>>2114372
>>2114304
>on the internet no one knows you're a panda

>>2114279
i agree with you op, pandas are trash and a waste of resources that can be better used to help other animals that are endangered or at risk recover

In 35 years, only 90 cubs have been born in captivity outside of China and wild panda numbers have increased a bare 200 individuals in 10 years, despite literal billions of dollars being poured into conservation. And yet we’ve managed to literally rebuild populations of black-footed ferrets, oryx, and California condors with exponentially less money than we waste on pandas.

Despite all the money being poured into this worthless species, only 10 pandas have been released since the 80s, and all but two died
>>
Pandas are celebrities. They make people happy.
People pay what, $300 for 5 minutes of hugging a panda? Or was it $500 for 3 minutes? Seems to be far from useless to me.
>>
>>2114279
Point them to /r9k/ and say: these are the human equivalents of Pandas.
>>
>>2115852
>hugging a panda
isn't that illegal?
>>
>>2116076
Chinese panda bases provide panda hugging services. You have to wear plastic robes, gloves etc and they bring a panda cub to your lap and give it honey and bamboo so it doesn't run off while you're groping it.
>>
>>2114279
>I LEARNED A MEME! HOW DO I INDOCTRINATE OTHERS WITH IT!
Step one - Kill yourself.
Step two -
>>
Those bamboo forests are going to grow out of control if the pandas don't eat it. Right now we're fine because humans will bulldoze all of the land, but you gotta think of the future, m8. Bamboo will outlast humans in the long run
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.