[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /an/ What do here? I recently moved in with my boyfriend.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1409000889974.jpg (115 KB, 880x674) Image search: [Google]
1409000889974.jpg
115 KB, 880x674
Hey /an/

What do here?

I recently moved in with my boyfriend. He has a cat and I have a dog. He's had his cat a near year and I noticed it would get repeat eye infections, so I brought it to the vet and the vet diagnosed him with conjunctivitis and I bought it some drops. I would get it's eyes cleared up and it would get another one almost immediately.
After a bit, I started noticing how much my boyfriend neglects his cat litter the longer I lived with him, the first few months he was on top of it all the time.

If I don't do it, he will let it go weeks. Where as I scoop daily, and dump it weekly. He said if I am going to be this 'anal' with the litter then I should buy the litter since I'm 'wasting' it. I tried to explain to him that it's not wasting and cats need their litter cleaned every day.

I'm getting very angry with him on his neglect of his cat that takes literally 1 minute to clean, and 5 minutes to dump weekly. I even was kind enough to buy him a second litter box and explained that one cat needs at least two boxes. His thought process is so fucking retarded he just thinks he can let the box go longer since there is two. The first time I cleaned the box there was over 50 stools and it was nearly all urine. I was livid.

Now I really don't care about buying the cats litter. I buy a huge bulk amount at a farm shop for my small animals and it's pennies. But it pisses me off I clean his cats litter daily and I know for a fact he doesn't even open the back door for my dog to go potty when I'm at work. I told him its neglect and asked him if he'd let a child sit in a dirty diaper all day but that's 'different'. I really don't see it being any different when his cat was getting eye infections from a dirty box and my dog is left to 'hold' it while I'm at work?

What the fuck do I do. How do I change his thought process, because it's really making me both mad and sad.
>>
>>2113991
i have 2 cats and have one litter box and u have 2 litter boxes for 1? what?
>>
>break up with boyfriend
>move out
>sue him
>>
Eat the cat
>>
>>2114024
Some cats are more picky than others. I need four boxes for my two cats because they are really finicky brats. General consensus though is 1 litter box per cat and one extra
>>
>>2113991
Ok, you can either get very angry and start a fight over it, OR, you can make a vet appointment for the cat for a 'regular' check up. Explain ahead of time to the vet that your boyfriend is not cleaning the litter as often as he should, and you would like there help in telling him, in a nonattacking way, why the cat keeps getting eye infections. Have the vet really go into detail about the negative affects of a dirty litterbox and how badly it can affect the cat. Make sure he goes in the room with you when you get the cat in for the appointment. Hopefully your boyfriend will see that he is making his cat sick by not cleaning the litter.

You can also try to have a positive talk with him about chores, and make the litterbox cleaning one of the chores. If you come at it with a 'honey, I would like if we could improve on this' type of attitude, he will probably take to it much better.
>>
>>2114026
I changed my mind

>buy robotic litterbox that cleans itself so all he has to do is toss the bag out every so often and dump the litter later
>break up with him
>>
>>2114066
Actually that's a good idea. If you do the electric litter box, combined with:
>>2114063
>Vet visit
>Have a serious, positive, chore talk
>>
>>2114067

If the boyfriend doesn't want to do chores or bring his pet to the vet regularly, they should dump that guy in a hurry. A irresponsible pet owner is a sign of shitty person.
>>
>>2114071
Or you know...they could talk their problems out and hopefully help each other grow. If he refuses to grow or change however, ya, then dump his ass because he probably never will.
>>
>>2113991

My ex boyfriend had the same problem. Not that his cat had infections luckily, but he was horrible with the litterbox.

His home REEKED of cat piss. Fucking horrible stench, and the lower four inches of the litterbox box was litterally piss-hardened litter (he bought the clumping stuff)

When I had visited him, all my clothes and my backpack would be stinking of cat piss.

It was perhaps 40% of the reason why I broke up, maybe 80% because it was the manifestation of his laziness and lack of drive or pride or decency. I commented on it several times, both with kind words and also scolding and derogatory, little did it help.

Break up with him, move out.

When you have babies, do you want him to "save on the diapers" ?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.