[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Posting from North Florida. Any idea what kind of snake this is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
Posting from North Florida.
Any idea what kind of snake this is?
>>
>>2113886
half a hog nose
>>
>>2113886

proghorn or maybe a caribou
>>
Juvenile copperhead, going by the bright yellow tail.
>>
>>2113907
Cottonmouths have those two.

Clearly thats not a copperhead pattern.
>>
>>2113886
This is the first identify a snake thread on /an/ I've seen thats actually turned out to be a venomous snake.
>>
>>2113939
Definitely a cottonmouth.
Decaptiated the poor guy with the shovel, and his mouth was all white when he tried to bite afterwards.
Feels bad man, I didn't know they'd survive that, I destroyed the head best I could, but damn it's haunting.

>>2113940
On one hand, I'm proud.
On the other though, it's not fun when the snake was in the same backyard as your dog.
>>
>>2114118
next time you see a snake in your backyard, just bring your dog inside and wait for the snake to crawl away.

or try to train your dog not to go near snakes. My dog looks at snakes, but keeps a bit of a distance.

It's usually not really a sign of intelligence if you kill a snake. But maybe you just didn't know what to do else, because you were taught they are agressive and deadly
>>
File: venomoussnake.gif (33 KB, 450x432) Image search: [Google]
venomoussnake.gif
33 KB, 450x432
Don't mess with no sneks OP. Especially not little ones.
>>
>>2114232
>It's usually not really a sign of intelligence if you kill a snake

lol fuck you.

>bring dog in
>autisticly watch snek until it leaves yard
>let dog back out

>next day
>let dog out
>dog gets bit by snek
>dog kills snek
>take dog to vet
>pay $1200 for vaccine
>snek died anyway

fuck that
>>
>>2114755
The name of this board is animals and nature. Is it so hard to comprehend why people would have a case of the ass over you killing a snake? IDGAF how you justify it, to be honest I probably would have done the same. What I wouldn't do is get all fucking defensive about it when you post pics, on this board of all places, of a dead snake.
>>
>>2114755
This is why dogs are fucking indoors only pets. Keep your pest under control and maybe you won't have to kill native wildlife, mmkay?
>>
>>2114829

Indoor only pets? Are you fucking insane?
>>
>>2114255
I will never understand why people put so much emphasis on the round pupils and head shape considering not all snakes conform to this. The elapid family immediately springs to mind.
>>
>>2113886
A dead one?
>>
100 percent cotton mouth
>>
>>2114829
Cringe
>>
>>2115503
It just is for north america. If you know that general rule and live in the US, you're fine because you aren't going to bump into a mamba in your yard.
>>
>>2114829
m'wi'dlife
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.