[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /an/. I need your help identifying this chick I rescued
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 20160501_150848.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160501_150848.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
Hey, /an/. I need your help identifying this chick I rescued from a fast food joint. We think it's a great tailed grackle but I can never be sure. Any ideas? I live in western Texas in the great Plains area.
>>
File: 1458828427896.jpg (130 KB, 800x1295) Image search: [Google]
1458828427896.jpg
130 KB, 800x1295
>>2113263
I'll check back in a couple when I get off of work.
>>
>this chick I rescued
you kidnapped and doomed a fledgling.
it was 100% fine and now it'll die.
go put it back, RIGHT now
>>
>>2113277
Originally there were 2 but the other one had been ran over. The mother has been nowhere in sight for the last couple days. It was gonna die eventually but I agreed to try my hardest to save this one.
>>
>>2113285
>Last couple days

Why do you think it hasn't died of dehydration yet? Mother birds aren't seen because they are busy getting foodfor their chicks who are LEARNING TO FLY.

Go. Put. It. Back. You. Fucking. Idiot.
>>
>>2113286
Because someone has been feeding it obviously. Probably the lawn care guy. So you're telling me to go put it back on the parking lot where it'll get ran over just like the other one? What's done is done.
>>
>>2113263
>dude finds baby animal
>kidnaps it
>comes to this board looking for advice on how to "save it"
>gets angry when people tell him to leave it alone
>insults people trying to help
>won't follow any advice given
>decides he knows best, feeds it whipped cream and cows milk or some shit
>animal dies
>"whoops lol tried my best, nothing i could have done"

Why are there so many of these threads?
>>
>>2113292
I'm not just some average idiot you know. That's why I'm trying to find out what it is so I can get the correct food for it. There is a Grove a couple houses away and that's the only place with trees. If I am to release it, should it be there or in the parking lot?
>>
Bunch of pussies in here, wish i could help Op. I recently rescued a baby snake and got the same response.
Michgander here I dont know shit about texas birds. Just give it typical bird shit and some warmth id guess.
>>
>>2113305
Like a worm lol, its a wild birds im sure you wont have to worry about it getting sick or some shit, or grind some worm up and shoot it in its mouth with a syringe
>>
Feed it a brown recluse LMAO
>>
>>2113308
Probably water too, typical shit. Better than waiting for a legit response from /an/. Google that shit
>>
>>2113294
Baby birds are not easy to care for, and quite simply out of the scope of the layperson. The best thing for the baby if it were injured and/or actually abandoned would be to take it to a wildlife rehab.
Baby birds do not automatically need human help.
>>
>>2113314
We're thinking they got blown down here to our work by the thunderstorms we had a couple or so days ago. It gets extremely windy and it isn't unheard of for trees to get knocked down. The bird is healthy for being in a parking lot for a couple days. I'll look up the nearest wildlife rehab though. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>2113288
1:No one was feeding it-it would be fucking dead because it requires pretty specialized knowledge on it's diet and HOW to feed it
2:Yes, put it back because it was learning to fly and only it's mother or a rehab center can give it the care it needs. It wasn't abandoned, and this will teach the mother bird not to let the chicks near the road in the future. It's nature and you are interfering just because of your selfish feelings. One dead bird is better than a stupid bird that will hatch other stupid,birds and provide nothing to it's species as a whole.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.