[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP No vets are open today what is it and what can I do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160501_084111.jpg (2 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160501_084111.jpg
2 MB, 3024x4032
HELP
No vets are open today what is it and what can I do
>>
>>2112949
bathe in warm water and try to peel it off

what the fuck is even going on with its mouth
>>
Isn't it just molting? Reptiles regularly shed their skin. It's perfectly normal and the lizard is fine
>>
Holy FUCK.

What in the world is going on with its mouth? Give us some more background OP
>>
Around half a year old
I saw him shedding his body shedding yesterday so I decided to leave him alone
This morning his shed is still on his body and his jaw looks like it's broken
>>
>>2112955
Take more pics of the fucked jaw so we can analyze it further
>>
I feed him repashy CGD and sometimes mealworms
>>
File: IMG_20160501_084137.jpg (2 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160501_084137.jpg
2 MB, 3024x4032
>>2112959
>>
The fuck is up with his jaw?

how did that even happen?
>>
>>2112962
Why does the inside of its mouth look so dried up and crunchy, for the lack of a better word
>>
>>2112962
A frontal picture looking right into the mouth would be helpful, if you could get a good, non blurry one
>>
>>2112965
it looks like he was shedding his bottom jaw and it didn't peel off so is jaw was ripped down when the loose skin was caught on something.
>>
>>2112967
It's his tongue that's been dragged across the coconut fiber bedding
>>
>>2112951
>that
>normal
why bother posting?
>>
>>2112970
Where was he when you found him like this?
>>
eeeh this is not going to end well OP, im sorry. If his jaw is truly broken then that will cost a shit ton of money to even attemp to be fixed by an exotic vet. And then how does he eat during that healing process? Feeding tube?
>>
>>2112976
At the bottom of his tank on a rock
>>
Op, the prognosis for a broken jaw is not good. It might be possible to fix with surgery but... ugh, you may need to have a vet euthanize. I'm sorry.
>>
>>2112979
I see... while we can only imagine what may have happened for your gecko to fuck his jaw that badly, the future does not look too bright for this guy. Like>>2112978 and >>2112980 said, the best option is probably euthanasia, unless you have a lot of dosh that you're willing to drop for surgery on an animal that honestly might just give up and die one night on its own.

I'm sorry this has happened, OP
>>
Probably metabolic bone disease and too low humidity, you fucked up.
>>
>>2112949
put him out of his misery
>>
Jesus christ, soak that poor baby OP. If you can get him to the vet, do it, but if not, put that poor thing out of it's misery.
>>
rip ;-;
>>
>>2112953
>>2112950
>duhh whats happening

can you not spot a completely broken in half jaw in front of your face?

this thing is dead, euthanize it.
>>
>>2113219
vet can't save this thing.

the correct path here is euthanasia. it's not going to recover from a jaw break of that nature. subjecting it to the process of presumed "recovery" would be torturous.
>>
Behead it.
It can't recover, even if it can you will have to pay a lot of money for it.

May be cold to say it but you easily buy a new one.
An exotic vet will just cost money with zero guarantee.

Also
>Wake me up
>Can't wake up
>>
Looks like metabolic bone disease. Kill it.
>>
Take her to the vet. They'll splint her jaw and give her calcium shots. They'll ask you to closely monitor her. You'll also have to hand feed her for a while too.

The vet will recommend a more humid environment, as well as calcium supplements, to avoid this in the future; a jaw shouldn't be so soft that they're able to break it from stuck shed.
>>
http://talkto.thefrog.org/index.php?action=vthread&topic=9547

this forum post seems to be the exact same situation youre in. shedding and then randomly a broken jaw. must be a common thing then
>>
>>2113671
>paying a couple hundred-thousand dollars at vet for a $20 lizard
>>
>>2112962
>>2112949
Ewwww.. Icky. So god damned icky.
I'm gonna puke.
>>
>>2113707
Looking by what the OP did in his situation is make splint for his gecko's jaw. Seems like a pretty simple solution.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.