[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucked up. I really needed the money I bit off way more than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: p1H4kv4.jpg (141 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
p1H4kv4.jpg
141 KB, 720x960
I fucked up. I really needed the money

I bit off way more than I could chew. I was supposed to sit a very LARGE dog and got stuck with a second large dog at the last second. I was assured the second one was much older. He's not. They're both 80 pounds, and I'm 110 pounds. I asked about using a gentle leader and the owner told me he's tried that and the dogs freak out and get aggressive. I've managed to walk each of them separately and am going through my deli chicken on walks so they don't bolt when they see a deer.

One dog also growls when I pet him and is very pushy when I have food. The owner has flown out for a week but walking a giant dog for a long distance each is wearing me out and it's just too much. I go downstairs and they're EXTREMELY hyper and whiny and feeling ignored because I do twice as much walking as they get each.

I'm never sitting a large dog again but I'm just trying to get through the week.

I have a big yard, but share it with neighbors so I can't leave them out there for more than 15-30 minutes at a time.

They are also too aggressive for the dog park, and one isn't neutered. I don't know what to do.
>>
>>2111964

What kind of dogs?

My gut feeling is they sense your intimidation.
>>
>>2111967
I just can't keep up. Together they're too strong and energetic.

I know the boxer dog growls in a "friendly growl" when I'm petting him but I really don't like that he isn't neutered.

One is a HUGE boxer and one is a mix. Looks like a hound.

I can handle the older one by myself, he'd be fine if I was only watching him but yeah...the really hyper un neutered boxer isn't cool at all..
>>
>>2111970

I'll admit I gave the boxer the same dose of benadryl I take to go to sleep at night in some bread and it literally made zero difference.
>>
>>2111964
can you get anyone to help you?
>>
>>2111973

No :/
I've texted some people but I'm not gonna push the issue.

I looked into kennel boarding but the cost for a night is a bit more than what I'm getting paid to watch both of them

It'll really piss off my roomates/downstairs neighbors but I'm thinking of just leaving them in the backyard most of the time.
>>
>>2111975
Nothing else to do but try and survive the week. Maybe you can split the money with someone else to walk them with you? It shouldn't be that inconvenient for them.

But yeah... You fucked up. I'm surprised anyone would let a 110 girl sit a giant boxer. At least now you'll have boundaries.
>>
>>2112006
*110 lb
>>
just walk them separately around the back yard

for a week it won't kill them
>>
Neutering isnt a big deal, why is that upsetting you?

Put a prong or choke on him. If he leash goes taught, give him a good HARD jerk. Do this a few times and he'll settle his ass down when you walk him. If you're that intimidated, grab a basket muzzle from petco.

Also, dont drug your customer's dogs. Not cool.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.