[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have bald eagle cam in tabs >check on it once in a while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6
File: Bald_eagle_2831770a.jpg (189 KB, 1500x964) Image search: [Google]
Bald_eagle_2831770a.jpg
189 KB, 1500x964
>have bald eagle cam in tabs
>check on it once in a while when working
>come back to check
>dead cat in the nest
>wew.JPEG
>later on the paper
>article about catfags trying to get the DEC to discourage/scare the bald eagle away because Muh kitties
>people want to actually get rid of an endangered species to protect an overpopulated pest
Delusional people/pet owner thread?
>>
Pretty sure bald eagles are off the endangered species list brah but nonetheless

>Have sister
>Just outta college and got a job making big bucks (60k, but our parents raised us with only 20k so its big money)
>Super spending on everything she ever wanted
>buys a fucking German Shepard
>in a small as fuck town house whose biggest room is only 6x8 meters
>Whose both parents are still working and only siblings going to college
>Proceeds to lock it in his cage for half the day when nobody is here
>keep telling her nobody is around to take care of it and its too big of a dog
>"He'll be fine"
>half a year passes
>Dog still shits on the floor
>Still locked in cage half the day
>Barely gets walked
>She gets sick and tired of it and gives it up to a German Shepard adoption agency
>after spending like 6k buying it and vaccinating it
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 634x949) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 634x949
Reminds me of this
>>
they probably just scavenged it anyways
>>
>>2111791

Pet Peeve right there.

Animal activists against killing animals and lowering populations of native animals even when it's needed.....let their cat outside to murder the entire ecosystem.

I mean seriously.
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 640x741) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 640x741
>>2111791
Oh do I have a gem for you, /an/.
>>
>>2111791
catfags are the fucking worse group of pet owners on the planet
>muh kitty can do no wrong
If they get like this over bald eagles I can only imagine the butthurt every time a gator snatches one here in FL
>>
>>2113823
It's not even
>muh kitty can do no wrong

It's
>I can do no wrong

Those owners are the worst and most irresponsible. I feel bad for their cats.
>>
Those Eagles are doing good work.
>>
>>2111876
>One period
>One comma
>>
This is the risk you agree to when you let your cat out.
If you really loved your pet you wouldn't let it be in danger by letting it out.

If your cat really wants to get out put the work in and build an outdoor enclosure or train them on a harness.

Shitty pet owners are a sign of shitty people.
>>
File: image.png (118 KB, 300x212) Image search: [Google]
image.png
118 KB, 300x212
>>2111791
>The Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania responded on its Facebook page with a postremindingpeople that nature “isn’t always kind or pretty. While many may cringe at this, the eagles bring squirrels, rabbits, fish (and other animals) into the nest to eat multiple times each day,” the societysaid. “To people, the cat represents a pet but to the eagles and toother raptors, the cat is a way to sustain the eaglets and help them to grow.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2016/04/29/nest-cam-livestreams-bald-eagle-parents-feeding-a-cat-to-their-eaglets/

B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
>>2114043
If you really loved your children you wouldn't let them be in danger by letting them out.
>>
>>2114070
Pets and children are not synonymous.
Also people should let their toddlers run in the street anyway so your point is null.
>>
>>2114070
Most kids can be trusted not to run around in traffic.
>>
>>2114057
They should remind people that cats are technically an invasive species.

>>2114070
You can't compare cats to humans, anon.
>>
>>2114074
I meant shouldn't, I should really stop typing so fast and not looking at it.
>>
>>2114076
>cats are technically an invasive species
So are humans. Let's start rounding them all up and killing them to protect ants and spiders.
>>
>>2114080
Why does this argument only seem to come up when talking about cats?
>>
>>2114080
Not exactly, depends on what definition you're looking at. I had a bunch of points to make, but Smithsonian does it better. Here you go:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/are-humans-an-invasive-species-42999965/
>>
>>2114085
Because of the irrational hateboner people have for cats even though the
>muh 6 gorillion birds per year
fallacy has been thoroughly debunked.
>>
>have chickens
>feral cat kills 2 of them
>catch cat
>kill it
>mention this in passing to a buddy of mine
>he mentions it to his girlfriend at some point
>she goes apeshit bananas on me
>says we can't be friends with me because I'm a psychopath murderer and animal abuser
>btw she has like 20 diseased strays that live outside that she feeds
>I've never had anybody be this upset with me
>stand my ground an still insist that I did the right thing and that feral cats are a destructive, invasive species

She got over it and we're cool now, but we just don't talk about it ever. She was also on her period that week, so I call bs whenever people say menstrual cycles don't affect womens' behavior
>>
>>2114088
>muh 6 gorillion birds per year
fallacy has been thoroughly debunked

Source?
>>
>>2111791
Dude, what the FUCK.

People are actually suggesting to scare them away because of fucking cats? This country is a joke.
>>
>>2111791
All dog owners
>>
>>2114142
This. It's enraging how, without fail, whenever a dog is shot for trespassing on someone else's property and threatening their family or animals, the owner has a sob story about how his POOR PUPPER DINDU NUFFIN HE WOOD LICK U TO DEFF DAS ALL instead of accepting responsibility and understanding that the dog's death is THEIR fault for not keeping it restrained.
>>
>>2114153
Basically. Dog owners think their dogs are super smart mini-people when they do good and dindus when they bother other people.

And all the rampant cat hate in the real world is totally okay and even garners laughs but when I give a dog owner a look of disgust when their dogs come up to slobber on me I'm considered the spawn of Satan. I've been threatened with assault for telling somebody to get their dog away from me in a city street.
>>
>>2114153

Hey man, My dog got shot by my neighbor, I fully own up to it. He didn't know I got a new dog and thought it was a stray chasing my animals. From now own I will make sure to tell him about every new dog I get.

Cant even be mad at the guy, the thought he was helping me out.
>>
>>2114130
Probably a loud minority.
>>
Since the government is never going to do anything about feral cats because "MUH KITTIES =^_^=" someone should copy what they're doing with lionfish. Train all the local predators to go out of their way to eat cats.
>>
>>2114085
Nah, it just comes up whenever a 'pet' species gets killed. I've seen this exact 'WELL LETS ROUND UP HUMANS THEN!!' argument regarding the brumby cull that's being planned in NSW in Australia.
People are just fucking idiots, regardless of what species they like best.
>>
>>2114216
Why do aussies get off so much on pointless murder?
>>
>>2114220
>pointless
It's an animal that not only is competing with the natives, it is literally permanently destroying shitloads of habitat by trampling everything.
>>
>>2113823
Dog owners have severe autism
>>
>>2114236
At least it's the good "bazingoid" kind of autism. Catfuckers are always crazy, dried-up women or weeaboos. Bad end of the spectrum.
>>
>>2114250
It's the bad kind of autism and lots of transsexual dog owners. Most rape there dogs.
>>
>>2114127
yeah has that been debunked? i thought there just wasn't a lot of evidence that cat predation effects wildlife populations

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/43980804_Regulation_of_domestic_cat_ownership_to_protect_urban_wildlife_a_justification_based_on_the_precautionary_principle
>>
>>2114258
Cats don't affect local wild life. They may kill some but they also kill a lot of pest and pest birds.
>>
>>2114258
>poorly performed study from the 90's that's only relevant in australia.

you have to be kidding me.

http://www.nature.com/ncomms/journal/v4/n1/full/ncomms2380.html

>are likely the single greatest source of anthropogenic mortality for US birds and mammals.

>>2114262
there isn't a single animal except for humans that does more damage to wildlife than cats, cane toads do less damage than cats and rats do less damage than cats.
>>
>>2114269
That is not a fact. Many invasive fish species have wiped out whole native species in no time. Just because you don't like cats you make up lies.
>>
>>2114269
What you're saying is false. There's many more things that do much more harm to wildlife than cats. Look into it buckaroo.
>>
>>2114103
>menstrual cycles don't affect womens' behavior
Who is so fucked in the head someone told you they don't change when they're on that shit?
>>
>>2114269
You're implying this is all cats doing this. Why can't some people handle that others like cats? Or others like dogs? Or others like both? I'm more worried about the other animals that are being killed off that are 100x more important than birds and rats. Birds play a somewhat vital part to the ecosystem. Cats if they had a way to be kept in check by other predators would also. There's so much more to worry about then cats eating some pest and a few non pest. This is our own fault for letting it get to this point and you should be pointing the finger at yourself with others.
>>
>>2114287
>>2114284

Not him but how about you back up your claims?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006320713000189
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jbi.12469/full
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006320703001071
http://www.publish.csiro.au/?paper=WR99065
http://www.publish.csiro.au/?paper=WR98092

>>2114284
Also we are talking about cats and not fish
>>
>>2114269
yeah honestly I have no idea how to do proper research so thanks for feedback

sad news though
>>
>>2111824
/biz/raelite here

Most people are like that, they may leave povership/worker class but they never make it to real success because they don't understand the basics about money management.

If i were making 60k USD a year now i'd be a millionaire before 30.
>>
>>2114303
lol that's what you want to think but even the most successful of business people can't be THAT good at taking massive risks.
>>
It is a bit of a bummer, but eagles gotta eat and poor Mr. Kitty happened to be it. The only one to blame are the assholes who let their cats roam around outdoors.
>>
>>2114317
You don't even need to take massive risks, if you invest smart/buy assets and don't spend money on bullshit, you can very well multiply your net worth many times, of course i was making an exaggeration when i said i would become a millionaire before 30 if i made 60k, but even that isn't such a big stretch given that i am 23 and understand money quite well.
>>
>>2114325
lol, ok
>>
>>2111829
>Coop mousehunt
>>
>>2114325
>>2114303

Hush up buddy. No one cares
>>
File: s-COLLEGE-FRESHMAN-large.jpg (17 KB, 260x190) Image search: [Google]
s-COLLEGE-FRESHMAN-large.jpg
17 KB, 260x190
>>2114325
Literal college freshman meme
> takes economics class at uni
> I'll be a millionaire before 30
> if only I could figure out how to make 60k a year
>>
>>2114296
>I can't stand the fact people have cats
This is all I'm getting out of this. Fuck rats, mice, and garbage birds. Humans are the reason why cats are a problem. Also fuck your tiny prison island.
>>
>>2114356
If that's all you are getting out of this then you are a deluded, dumb cunt. Like fucking retarded.

If we massively reduce the population of feral cats and legislate cat owners to be responsible by not letting their cats out or keeping them confined when outside, then we've gone a long way to protecting the environment so people can enjoy it in the future.

>muh humans are an invasive species

Humans are the solution to the problem as well, who the fuck else will do it?
>>
>>2114254
yea right

thanks for the kek
>>
>>2114043
>If you really loved your pet you wouldn't let it be in danger by letting it out.
>*unsupervised
Everyone leaves out that part.
>>
Bald eagles aren't endangered.
>>
File: idiocy.png (63 KB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
idiocy.png
63 KB, 1080x608
>>2114325
Yeah, no.
>>
>>2114422
Thats why I said harness training man.
>>
bald eagles aren't even endangered, so they are within their rights to scare away or kill a pest that is destroying property.
>>
money is worthless and stupid and barely even real. It's more of a stat to maintain social inequalities.
>>
>The year is 2020
>Burgerland, once at risk of being overrun with feral cats and stray dogs, is now home to the new dominant predator
>The motherfucking bald eagle
>It has grown aggressive and territorial as it adapts to its new diet
>It frequently takes out dogs and small, unaccompanied children
>Cat population curbed
>Natural selection wins again
>>
>friend has parakeets
>gets into a situation where he as to move
>new apartment doesn't allow birds
>he talks about letting them free
>tell him that's a bad idea and why
>he agrees
>I leave him alone for a few days
>talk to him again
>"yeah i thought about it, and decided it would be best to let them go because I didn't have time to re-home them"
>I tell him he basically killed his birds
>"they aren't my problem anon. If they die it's their fault, not mine"

This is the majority of pet owners by the way
>>
>>2115512
So did you tell him they probably died starving or in terror?
>>
>>2114103
>>2114288
it's different from woman to woman. My fwb spends her whole period sleeping and being chill.
>>
>>2115514
Don't forget wondering why their loyal friend abandoned them so~
>>
>>2114070
Catfag detected
>>
>>2114289
>our own fault
i don't let my cat freeroam and he's fixed

>more important than birds and rats
Which ones then? Why? Also do the words "critically endangered" mean anything to you?
>>
>>2114070
people who let their small kids run around unsupervised usually wind up with dead, injured or missing kids, so yes
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.