[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Useful animals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: horse baby with his mom.jpg (21 KB, 400x406) Image search: [Google]
horse baby with his mom.jpg
21 KB, 400x406
What single species of animal do you think has been the most beneficial/useful to humanity, whether for work/food/companionship/etc.

>pic related; we'd have been fucked without these guys
>>
Chickens desu

>able to lay eggs once a day, theoretically a nonstop food producing machine
>meat is tasty
>cheap to feed and take care of
>make good pets

After that, I think the clear choice is dogs. Horses are cool tho, too bad they have tiny brains
>>
>>2110700
Donkeys.
>>
>>2110711
Explain
>>
>>2110700
Useful at making streets smell like Indian streets?
>>
>>2110714
They're good at carrying stuff.

So are Camels.
>>
>>2110700
Beneficial for the longest? Goats or dogs.
Most useful overall? I'd say lab mice.
>>
>>2110700
It probably is objectively the horse.
But here's one that I think doesn't get enough credit: sharks. We actually get a lot of antibiotics from them now that normal ones are losing usability.
>>
>>2110788
Riveting analysis, Watson
>>
One of the food animals... Maybe chickens.
>>
>>2110714
I'll explain.
They require very few care. They can eat only grass without any problem. They can live in pretty much any environment (you can find donkeys anywhere).
They're very robust. They're good at carrying stuff. They can walk for a long time without problem. Even if they're not the best for that, they can help you plough.
They're very territorial so they can protect your house. They can live peacefully with other animals if accustomed.
They can be very affective.

Finally they're smarter than horses.

Donkeys are the best.
>>
>>2110700
Goats
>>
Blacks
>>
>>2112884
Beat me to it
>>
Bees
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.