[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, my cat got reaaaly fat all of a sudden and she has been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 20160428_151245_HDR.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160428_151245_HDR.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
Guys, my cat got reaaaly fat all of a sudden and she has been fixed. Is she going to die?
>>
Take her to the vet and find out twat.
>>
1. Take to vet and rule out medical issue
2. Switch to canned or raw food only
3. Don't free feed, leave food out for 20 min then pickup, split daily allowance into 3 meals
4. Have 2 solid play sessions a day, preferably before meals. Cat should be panting by the end
>>
Are you sure she got fixed? Could the person you got her from or a shady vet have lied to you?
>>
>>2110665
>>2110721
Sounds like annoying advice and don't have enough for vet. So that's ruled out. Leaving out food is okay and it is recommended. My cat only eats a few bites at a time. So I'm not going to keep pouring it back into those annoying 9lives bags 8 times a day. I will take this to /adv/ sorry for asking here.
>>
>>2110740
You don't have enough for medical care and yet you still own a pet?

Get the fuck out of here.

>bitches about cat getting fat
>won't take it to a vet to find out why
>decides to go to /adv/ because shitstain can't deal with real advice from people with actual animal experience
>>
>>2110740
Free-feeding is no bueno, seriously. Give her like 1 cup a day (read your cat food bag for directions) and split the 1 cup into 3 meals

I'm lazy as dicks and can do these
>>
>>2110740
Enjoy /adv/ sending you over here
>>
>>2110748
Tbh most people don't ever bother to take there animals to the vet due to cost. So shut your fucking mouth.
>>
>>2110757
Those people are dumb fucks, so you shut your fucking mouth.

Would you ever think of intentionally having a human child without enough resources to feed it, bathe it, clothe it, etc? No? It's the same fucking concept, dumbass.

Don't go sobbing and crying when your beloved pet comes down with some illness or injury and you can't afford to treat an easily treatable accident because you don't have the funds.

It's irresponsible and fucking dumb. If you're going to get an animal, don't make it suffer with your stupid decision when something goes wrong.
>>
>>2110761
While it is dumb, anyone can be an animal lover, including people lacking money or intelligence. Especially with animals you can literally just go outside your house and pick up on the street like cats, you get owners who don't quite have thousands of dollars to dump into an animal.

Not to mention vets aren't always honest people, and some charge an arm and a leg for the smallest things. I had a dog who had this weird growth on his front leg, and the vet told us it was cancer, and would cost $1000 to get it removed. We didn't have the money for that, so we couldn't do anything about it. A few days later, the dog literally bit it off, and nothing like that ever occurred again in his 6 remaining years, until he died at 13.
>>
>>2110761
He's obviously baiting you. Just leave it be
>>
>>2110761
Animals are not comparable to human children. Different care and needs. One actually matters (human) while the other you can kill and if they care maybe you'll get a month to 6 months in jail.
>>
>>2110780
You don't get the point. Yes, anyone can be an animal lover. Yes, anyone can take in strays and care for lost animals depsite their lack of wealth, etc. Bottom line, it's irresponsible. You wouldn't expect someone living in poverty to go ahead and adopt a child when they would struggle to their own medical bills. It's called being a mature adult and taking responsibility for your actions.

And what do vets charging out the ass have to do with anything? Yes, some vets can unfairly charge expenses way above the standard price, but you do have an option for second opinions and shopping around for different vets. Your anecdote was a positive case anyway, what if the tumour was malignant and ended up killing your dog?
>>
File: drink-bleach-1200x800[1].jpg (615 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
drink-bleach-1200x800[1].jpg
615 KB, 1200x800
>>2110740
Please kill yourself, I know this is bait but whatever.

Find some bleach and drink it. Or inject it in your asshole.
>>
>>2110860
You have no clue how the real world works.
>>
>>2110875
Not that guy, but just because the world does work that way doesn't mean it should and doesn't mean we should contribute to the problem
>>
inb4 endometritis and ded kot
>>
How sudden is 'sudden'?
>>
>>2110875
Again, shit happens.

But that doesn't negate it's irresponsibility and lack of correctness.

>inb4 u don't know how 2 logic
>>
>>2110740
>Leaving out food is okay and it is recommended
Vet tech here; I have literally never known a single doctor that recommended free-feeding outside of kittenhood. It's the #1 contributor to obesity in cats (along with feeding junky shitfood like 9lives). You don't have to take /an/'s advice, but at least don't kid yourself.
>>
>>2110740
If you can't afford a vet don't keep a cat
If you can't bother to listen to people who are trying to help you take care of your pet don't keep a cat
Give your cat to someone who can actually take care of her
>>
>>2110786
Humans are animals and every animal is just a mass of flesh that will die one day. A human and a cat will be eaten by maggots in the same exact way

Even if other animals aren't as important as humans that doesn't mean it's ok to neglect them. If you really think animals aren't important than don't even bother keeping pets
>>
>>2111670
> every animal is just a mass of flesh that will die one day.
except Turritopsis dohrnii right?
>>
>>2111672
They aren't immune to being eaten or getting sick
>>
>>2110662
Sounds like F.I.P
My 8 month of kitten got it and died within 2 months.

It's awful. Don't hold out, see a vet otherwise it will suffer.
>>
File: 1458116087336.png (9 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
1458116087336.png
9 KB, 300x100
>>2110740
>people continuosly treating /an/ like their personal vet

Funnily enough, this board is for people with an interest in animals in nature. That dose not mean that everyone here is a trained vet, or able to diagnose and treat your pet from a couple of shitty photos. Litterally, how the fuck do you expect anyone here to have a clue whats up with your cat, much less fix it for you.

Litterally all these threads go the same way
>/an/ my pet is fucked up. Fix plz?
>lol we don't know, but try not doing that dumb thing you mentioned
>also contact vet
>can't afford vet
>lolno I'll just keep doing that dumb thing anyway because I know better, despite asking for advice
>fix pet please

Stop with the free feeding and give it appropriate portions as everyone has suggested, and take it to a fucking vet.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.